• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur’s Gate 3 sales leaps up on pre orders after bear sex scene reveal

Guilty_AI

Hilarious although I do feel a bit of sadness that this shit game uses the Baldur's Gate name. But time moves on and getting older is about seeing everything you love destroyed.
9UWv6Im.png

Irobot82

I take it that you have paid full price for Early Access? You have played it right? Right?

This game is going to be amazing and it deserves the Baldurs Gate name.
It's a great game I already have 60 hours in EA and I will be putting a ton more in upon release.

It's not Baldur's Gate.

Both can be correct to some of us.

Guilty_AI

It's a great game I already have 60 hours in EA and I will be putting a ton more in upon release.

It's not Baldur's Gate.

I have to wonder though, what would be Baldurs Gate? It certainly couldn't be another infinity engine title. Neither the use of RTwP instead of turn based as the later is still more faithful to the source material.

Red5

Just saying if you get the game in early access, you get a free deluxe upgrade. Might be worth it if you're certain to play it close to release.

Hmmm tempting tempting, might bite.

It's not Baldur's Gate.

Is it the artstyle, gameplay or the writing?

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
Hilarious although I do feel a bit of sadness that this shit game uses the Baldur's Gate name. But time moves on and getting older is about seeing everything you love destroyed.
The older Baldur's Gate games were pretty ridiculous too. At least the second one was.

Guilty_AI

The older Baldur's Gate games were pretty ridiculous too. At least the second one was.
yeah, i don't buy this "Larian games are too goofy!" argument against the game either. Not when the old ones sounded like this:

I think this is just a case of kiddy/teen's memory remembering something as more serious and dark than it actually was.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Bit of a reach saying it's JUST from that. Probably more due to all the hype, release date coming forward, free upgrade to deluxe with pre-order, etc.

Memes bring extra attention, of course, but if the game didn't have a lot more to offer...you wouldn't get so many pre-orders.

Come for the bear (whether it's out of comedy, disgust or whatever), stay for the game.

Clickbait title, they showed way more tham the sex scene that was like a 4 min fragment.

Hearing that the game is now an immersive sims was more hype than any bear sex scene.

Are You Sure About That John Cena GIF by MOODMAN

Sentenza

A bit disingeous to assume that this is all "because of bear sex scene" and not because, you know, a highly anticipated game is finally close to its actual release date and people are starting to pay attention.

Irobot82

I have to wonder though, what would be Baldurs Gate? It certainly couldn't be another infinity engine title. Neither the use of RTwP instead of turn based as the later is still more faithful to the source material.

Is it the artstyle, gameplay or the writing?

For me personally

1. Not Bhallspawn. So you're an unrelated new character.
2. No RTCwP. (I'd prefer both like POEII and Owlcat's Pathfinder games)
3. 4 man party instead of 6.

The game takes place in the Faerûn universe. The game contains the city Baldur's Gate. It's not a sequel, it should have had it's own name.
All of this isn't to say I won't absolutely love the game, because I already do and I can't wait to play it multiple times.

JCK75

a lot of people on twitter were getting their panties in a knot over it..
like because you CAN do something does not mean you have to.

Gorgon

Was mentioned months ago.

Just saying if you get the game in early access, you get a free deluxe upgrade. Might be worth it if you're certain to play it close to release.

That's the early access on PC that you get with pre-orderering the game there, not the pre-order on PS5. Just in case someone misunderstands that.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
a lot of people on twitter were getting their panties in a knot over it..
like because you CAN do something does not mean you have to.
I mean at least one guy copped a ban here for getting his panties in a bunch in that thread…

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I played a couple hours on Steam Deck and is great. Very much a deep RPG. A deep Larian RPG. A game very much in the style of Baldur's Gate and Divinity Original Sin 1 &2

StereoVsn

A bit disingeous to assume that this is all "because of bear sex scene" and not because, you know, a highly anticipated game is finally close to its actual release date and people are starting to pay attention.
No, it's the whole unbearable situation with bear sex. It's very sobearing that BG3 audience is this depraved.

Call your senator. This is absolute barbearism and we need to bearricade our children from this travesty.

On a separate note, that deluxe upgrade is tempting. But a)It's probably better to wait for the bugs to get a bit patched up and probably will be on sale from 3rd party key sites post release line GMG, Fanatical, etc...

Last edited:

amigastar

I miss those days where it was Nintendo vs. Sega or Microsoft vs. Sony, today its all bullshit about Woke vs Anti-Woke. Sucks.

Dlacy13g

It just cracks me up that romance in games always comes down to boning... Thats the goal and the payoff. I would love to see some games actually reward the player with stat bonuses or power ups to their abilities over creating and nurturing a relationship that not only has love but also is about the partnership / bond you gain by having that relationship. There may be some that have done it but I don't recall one in this moment. Seems like its always just get to the F'ing and give me some stupid cutscene that the devs attempt to make erotic in some fashion.

Red5

Ok so quick question, if Jaheira and Minsc are here, what happened to the Bhaalspawn? In my playthrough I think Jahieria bore the Bhaalspawn's child. Or does it ignore BG1 and 2 entirely?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Or, y'know, because everyone went "oh shit BG3 is out in a few weeks".

Guilty_AI

Ok so quick question, if Jaheira and Minsc are here, what happened to the Bhaalspawn? In my playthrough I think Jahieria bore the Bhaalspawn's child. Or does it ignore BG1 and 2 entirely?
We won't know how they handled it until launch.

Begleiter

Not surprised. It's well known that furries have an unreasonable amount of disposable income on account of eschewing relationships with human beings.

GymWolf

It just cracks me up that romance in games always comes down to boning... Thats the goal and the payoff. I would love to see some games actually reward the player with stat bonuses or power ups to their abilities over creating and nurturing a relationship that not only has love but also is about the partnership / bond you gain by having that relationship. There may be some that have done it but I don't recall one in this moment. Seems like its always just get to the F'ing and give me some stupid cutscene that the devs attempt to make erotic in some fashion.
They said you can go on a date and marry your partner.

Not much but still something.

Honestly, I'm not surprised. I got moderated on Gamefaqs for telling the Splatoon board they were a bunch of sickos for wanting to fuck tiny squid kids.

Jaheria and the protagonist from BG1/2 being in a relationship is not canon. The canon version is that the protagonist from BG1/2 went on to be the Duke of Baldur's Gate, and died about 10 years before the start of BG3, which takes place about 150 year after the events of BG2. So the BG1/2 protagonist ruled BG for about 140 years. Canonically Jaheria is just the Bhaalspawn's colleague.

Last edited:
Top Bottom