• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur’s Gate 3 sales leaps up on pre orders after bear sex scene reveal

Draugoth

Gold Member
Bear-Sex-Baldurs-Gate-thumb.jpg

Via PCGamesN

Baldur’s Gate 3 has rapidly ascended the Steam sale charts after a Larian livestream showed a sexual tryst between a vampire and a Druid in bear form.

For the week ending Tuesday, July 4, Baldur’s Gate 3 sat at number 25 on the Steam best-seller chart. Now, after the Panel from Hell showcase, Baldur’s Gate 3 has jumped right up to number seven, just above Red Dead Redemption 2 and one beneath Elden Ring.

Buggy Loop

Bit of a reach saying it's JUST from that. Probably more due to all the hype, release date coming forward, free upgrade to deluxe with pre-order, etc.

And previews dropping that praise the game sky high including Larian's panel from hell..

But for sure since it's been making rounds in media for the bear sex, I guess it reminds peoples this game is coming in very soon.

Madonis

Memes bring extra attention, of course, but if the game didn't have a lot more to offer...you wouldn't get so many pre-orders.

Come for the bear (whether it's out of comedy, disgust or whatever), stay for the game.

Garnox

I read it as "bare sex scene" thinking it was gonna be some gratuitous full contact nudity.

Imagine my surprise when I entered the thread to see a dude and a bear lusting for one another.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Clickbait title, they showed way more tham the sex scene that was like a 4 min fragment.

Hearing that the game is now an immersive sims was more hype than any bear sex scene.

Hilarious although I do feel a bit of sadness that this shit game uses the Baldur's Gate name. But time moves on and getting older is about seeing everything you love destroyed.

Hilarious although I do feel a bit of sadness that this shit game uses the Baldur's Gate name. But time moves on and getting older is about seeing everything you love destroyed.
I take it that you have paid full price for Early Access? You have played it right? Right?

This game is going to be amazing and it deserves the Baldurs Gate name.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Great to hear, I've been on a media blackout for this game and didn't bother with the early access.
Just saying if you get the game in early access, you get a free deluxe upgrade. Might be worth it if you're certain to play it close to release.

Top Bottom