• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur’s Gate 3 Launches To Massive Concurrent Steam Players Numbers

Draugoth

Gold Member
Baldurs-Gate-3-Astarion-companion.jpg

Just overthree hours after its launch, the game recorded a player count that leaves its previous record of 73,980 players three years ago in the dust, according to Steam.db.

Baldur’s Gate 3 was anticipated by fans of the RPG genre for a while. Larian Studios has packed hundreds of hours of content in the game, and these offerings have been refined over three years of early access.

With the game finally leaving early access today, expectations were high for Larian Studios’ latest work. To nobody’s surprise, Baldur’s Gate 3 has been an extremely popular launch, but it has also shattered all expectations.

Less than three hours after launch, the game has reached over 326K concurrent players on Steam.

qwMda3F.png

Why it matters
: This puts the game ahead of major 2023 releases like Remnant 2 and Resident Evil 4 Remake, making it a massive success for Larian Studios.

In terms of reception, Baldur’s Gate 3 has overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam. Over 90% of the 70K reviews on the platform are positive. Moreover, users who have not bought the game yet are engaged with the gameplay, with over 463K viewers on Twitch.

Solidus_T

I wonder how many are starting a save just to speedrun to some bear dating?

In all seriousness; well deserved, Larian! I can't wait to play this game this weekend!

1- Cyberpunk 2077 -> +1M
2- Elden Ring -> +950k
3- Hogwarts Legacy -> +875k
4- Terraria -> +485k
5- Fallout 4 -> +470K

Real chance BG3 might make it to the top 5.
Cyberpunk 2077 with 1.05M CCU on Steam.
I still can't believe Cyberpunk charted that high. Once in a lifetime moment and they blew it. I hope BG3 continues to grow in playerbase.

Edit: Before anyone else quotes this saying 'but CP2077 sold X amount and was a success!' as some sort of rebuttal to launching a bad product, please read this post: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/baldur’s-gate-3-launches-to-massive-concurrent-steam-players-numbers.1659437/post-268248728

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Throw in a wireless keyboard/mouse.

Edit: this was for above, lol, hit the wrong button.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Looking forward to reading some reviews. The whole turn-based thing is a big turnoff, but it may compensate in other areas, might grab the PS5 version next month.

biggest solo concurrent on steam, 20+m sales, yeah, blew it :LOL:
You sound like the people who don't understand how brand decay works and don't get that it is not an instant result. You should be more worried about CDPR 10 years from now if their next 2-3 games aren't up to par, not the CDPR of today.

If you want proof of this concept, check out how current day Marvel movies and shows are doing in streaming numbers compared to the Infinity War saga. The slope line seems to be currently pointing downwards.

StereoVsn

These numbers are crazy. Is it on MS PC Store or just Steam.

I expected BG3 to do well, but not this well and this isn't even it's final form (weekend).

I had to go to the office , but BG3 has been remotely loaded and is ready to go!

Top Bottom