• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar 2 officially titled Avatar: The Way Of Water, releasing in NA on December 16

Stuart360

Is the pregnant Na'Vi Neytiri or Kate Winslet?
I dont think so. Form reading elsewhere people are saying the shaman looking Navi is Kate Winslet, the one you see right before you see that female Navi looking upset in the middle of the trailer. Its probably guess work though.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I dont think so. Form reading elsewhere people are saying the shaman looking Navi is Kate Winslet, the one you see right before you see that female Navi looking upset in the middle of the trailer. Its probably guess work though.
Yea at first I thought it could be Neytiri. But the face is too different. Thinking it’s Kate Winslet especially by looking at the lower half of the face which is what the performance capture really translates.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Holy fucking shit. The non-potato version of the trailer is jizzzzzzzzzzzz.

Explode To The Moon GIF by Travis

sol_bad

The trailer played in the cinemas today in Ozland, pretty fucking amazing looking, can't wait.

Last edited:

Vick

Why on earth doesn't the trailer play on the PS5?! Console can't even see it in the folder, a simple mp4.

Not even read by DaVinci Resolve.. what the hell. I't so incredibly stunning on the PC monitor i can't even imagine the spectacle on the home-theatre.

Last edited:

Vick

Amazing how much more human-looking Jake offspring is. They have eyebrows, almost human nose, smooth canines.. his daughter is basically a blue human with pointy ears. I remember reading Cameron going for a Godfather-like thing, guess the more relatable they are the better result.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Amazing how much more human-looking Jake offspring is. They have eyebrows, almost human nose, smooth canines.. his daughter is basically a blue human with pointy ears. I remember reading Cameron going for a Godfather-like thing, guess the more relatable they are the better result.
Can’t tell in the teaser but curious how many fingers they have. Jake has five due to him being an Avatar.

There is a mistake in the trailer too. In the shot where Neytiri and Tuk are being overtaken by the water, Neytiri has a normal five fingered human hand.

Vick

pqF3Jh0.png

The iris-light interaction in motion is breathtaking.

Can’t tell in the teaser but curious how many fingers they have. Jake has five due to him being an Avatar.
Some four, like their little daughter, but others like older daughter and the one next to Spider when they're approaching the alleged Quaritch have five.

There is a mistake in the trailer too. In the shot where Neytiri and Tuk are being overtaken by the water, Neytiri has a normal five fingered human hand.
Which frame?

Vqoi3Jf.png

ManaByte

Gold Member
pqF3Jh0.png

The iris-light interaction in motion is breathtaking.

Some four, like their little daughter, but others like older daughter and the one next to Spider when they're approaching the alleged Quaritch have five.

Which frame?

Vqoi3Jf.png
The one right before that looked like she had an extra finger. Could’ve been the blur.

There‘s only one daughter, Tuk. Two sons, Neteyam and Lo'ak. Three Na’vi offspring and Spider.

Last edited:

Vick

The one right before that looked like she had an extra finger. Could’ve been the blur.
Yeah i see what you mean now, but more than the blur it's due to her thumb position.

There‘s only one daughter, Tuk. Two sons, Neteyam and Lo'ak. Three Na’vi offspring and Spider.
Oh right, so the movie is either going to cover years or that's simply not Neytiri's daughter.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Oh right, so the movie is either going to cover years or that's simply not Neytiri's daughter.
Tuk is eight years old and their youngest. The official synopsis from Fox is that it’s set more than a decade after the original.

Vick

Tuk is eight years old and their youngest. The official synopsis from Fox is that it’s set more than a decade after the original.
Yeah i was reading about that and i'm lost. Tuk is clearly the little one going by her actress, but who's that obviously human-Na'vi girl then?

Going by this picture:

She could be Tsireya, the "graceful and strong free-diver", but she's supposed to be entirely Na'vi, and this one is obviously not:

JBmTF4u.jpg

Plot-twist, she's Sigourney Weaver reborn.

Cl270ii.png

She's not cast as Augustine as far as i can read.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Holy fucking shit. The non-potato version of the trailer is jizzzzzzzzzzzz.

Explode To The Moon GIF by Travis

Yep. Just watched it and holy shit! The CGI, especially in close up shots, is mind melting.

This is now my most anticipated film of the year and the September release of the original in the cinema is my 2nd.

I'm a big fan of the first movie. The only issue was the story sucked but the universe he created is amazing. Not to the mention the special effects still look amazing and it's over 10 years since the film released in theaters. Hoping he can deliver a movie with a great story and characters. Also hope that he's able to push special effects even further

ManaByte

Gold Member
I'm a big fan of the first movie. The only issue was the story sucked but the universe he created is amazing. Not to the mention the special effects still look amazing and it's over 10 years since the film released in theaters. Hoping he can deliver a movie with a great story and characters. Also hope that he's able to push special effects even further
You don’t get much more cutting edge than performance capture underwater.

Stuart360

Never really understood why some people had a problem with the story. I mean yes its a story that has been told many times, guy infiltrates 'the enemy', falls in love, swaps sides, and helps fight against his former comrades. It was still told beautifully imo, with a gorgeous world, amazing message about nature, a beautiful people in the Navi, a love story, a screen chewing over the top bad guy, an amazing action packed last act, etc.

I mean i saw it 5 times at the cinema, and it wasnt just for the effects and 3D. The whole movie just captivatd me, so much so that i was actually questioning if the haters were dead inside and 'good people' at that time lol, i know i was silly looking back.

I know some people viewed the movie as anti human and anti military,but this wasnt the military, its mercs, a private army there to make money.
If sending a message of loving and being one with nature is anti human then it says more about us than anything else.

Vick

I don't think the story sucked at all to be fair. It's simple, it's derivative, not as deep as say Dances with Wolves, but it's good. Structure and pacing are perfect.

Never really understood why some people had a problem with the story. I mean yes its a story that has been told many times, guy infiltrates 'the enemy', falls in love, swaps sides, and helps fight against his former comrades. It was still told beautifully imo, with a gorgeous world, amazing message about nature, a beautiful people in the Navi, a love story, a screen chewing over the top bad guy, an amazing action packed last act, etc.

I mean i saw it 5 times at the cinema, and it wasnt just for the effects and 3D. The whole movie just captivatd me, so much so that i was actually questioning if the haters were dead inside and 'good people' at that time lol, i know i was silly looking back.

I know some people viewed the movie as anti human and anti military,but this wasnt the military, its mercs, a private army there to make money.
If sending a message of loving and being one with nature is anti human then it says more about us than anything else.

Well it just seemed more like a Sci Fi retelling of Dances With Wolves except it's Dances With Blue Elves.

Also Cameron's known for that. It doesn't bother me though

BeardGawd

Banned
Saw in iMax 3D and it looked amazing! 3D was awesome. I just wished it was in High Frame Rate though but I'm guessing theaters won't upgrade until later this year. The action scenes are going to be breathtaking later this year!

Stuart360

Saw in iMax 3D and it looked amazing! 3D was awesome. I just wished it was in High Frame Rate though but I'm guessing theaters won't upgrade until later this year. The action scenes are going to be breathtaking later this year!
Will they actually have to upgarde though?, because i cant see many cinema's doing that for one film. I mean sure if A2 ends up huge like the first movie it will trigger a load of high framerate movies, but its still a big gamble for cinema's.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Will they actually have to upgarde though?, because i cant see many cinema's doing that for one film. I mean sure if A2 ends up huge like the first movie it will trigger a load of high framerate movies, but its still a big gamble for cinema's.
The theaters can already do HFR 3D. They did it for Hobbit.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Hopefully this time they have proper toy support. Still miffed they didn't have really good models of the vehicles. Would have loved a lego set of the walkers, the copters, and that big ass battleship thing. Even the Venture Star would have been a dope build. Organic stuff always looks wonky in lego but militaristic vehicles are always appreciated.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Hopefully this time they have proper toy support. Still miffed they didn't have really good models of the vehicles. Would have loved a lego set of the walkers, the copters, and that big ass battleship thing. Even the Venture Star would have been a dope build. Organic stuff always looks wonky in lego but militaristic vehicles are always appreciated.
There are four LEGO sets coming. Two for the first movie and two for the sequel.

I'm still not bothered with 3D.

It's practically been abandoned since the last explosion of 3D films. 2D showings are always more popular for every movie in my country

Top Bottom