• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Mirage | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Assasin's Creed Mirage will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 75 29.1%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 121 46.9%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Macaron

Banned
Nah. Expressing my opinion of the value of a crap franchise just rubbed you the wrong way to the point you had to fire off shots, but one less sale won't ruin your fun (I hope).
Oh shit just realized thats you. OK now you being emotional makes more sense I guess lol

It wouldn't be a crap franchise any longer if every reviewer gave it a 10/10 though would it? You shitposted some VERY stupid/broke/exaggerated sounding statement. And still haven't answered what you aimed to accomplish from it? Just wanted to let everyone know you hate this franchise and even game of the generation-esque reviews won't stop you from hating? Lol ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: CZY
Oh shit just realized thats you. OK now you being emotional makes more sense I guess lol

It wouldn't be a crap franchise any longer if every reviewer gave it a 10/10 though would it? You shitposted some VERY stupid/broke/exaggerated sounding statement. And still haven't answered what you aimed to accomplish from it? Just wanted to let everyone know you hate this franchise and even game of the generation-esque reviews won't stop you from hating? Lol ok.
Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I suspect a smooth 85 with big sales to boot.

$50, focused narrative, good graphics, and likely will run well on all platforms. Should be a no brainer for a great game without any innovation. Cut the bloat and enjoy the series for what it was originally meant to be.

thatJohann

78 - “a return to form that needed more time in the oven” or something like that.

Oh and the obligatory full of bugs and apology tweet from Ubi Soft promising patches to fix it.

Last edited:

Kings Field

Will be getting it on sale. Too many banger games this month to spend time with AC. AC1 is one of my favorite games ever and this time period and location is a nice touch so hopefully it scores well enough to warrant a purchase in a month or two.

Sojiro

Voted 80-85. It will probably be a good game, but full of bugs like all the rest are at launch.

Our review is finished. Sitting at 4500 words article and 23 minutes in video length at 4K60 reviewed on the Performance Mode on the PS5.

I did not review the game but Ubisoft did send us 2 codes by our request and I gave the 2nd code to my PlayStation writer. He finished the game (since he reviewed] and i am almost halfway, but i was too busy with Forza Motorsport so i needed some help.

Me and him are both big AC fans and tend to agree on a lot of things since we both played the game. Our biggest criticism of PAST AC titles was the bloating and taking forever to finish the check list on the maps. How is it in Mirage? You'll find out

We did our best to review this game as fairly as possible. It will be live at the October 4th 7:01 AM EST Embargo time and I will post it here as usual.

Last edited:
I just can't believe this was touted as a "return to roots" for AC then we find out a week ago it feels like the last 3 games and that parkour in particular is this same "easy mode/character feels light as a feather" bullshit of the last 3 games.

Unfuckingbelievable!

See this at 82 maximum. This is essentially Valhalla Gameplay with tighter packed content. Combat looked rough and don't think that the story will be that much of a banger.
AC has been a sad franchise for the past few years. It really peaked with Black Flag and after that one it's been nothing but generic shit.

Last edited:

Thief1987

Honestly these types of comments are just dumb.. attacking people by making unsubstantiated claims when they get butt hurt that someone doesn't like what they like. Ever stop to think people can acquire more wealth by NOT blindly buying things they don't want? Just a though.
So you are buying things that you don't like if they have discount? Sounds pretty stupid tbh

So you are buying things that you don't like if they have discount? Sounds pretty stupid tbh
If it's similar to the first game, with more modern control, it might be enjoyable at $20. Problem is it seems to be simply more of the same from Ubi that we've had for years and years. But yeah, I enjoyed the first game's setting.

I mean that other dude comes full douche at me because I don't want to fork over full price for his favorite game? Naturally I had to fire back at that bullshit.

GHG

Looking like a mid-low 80's review day.

But from what I've seen this looks like it should be high 70's, it's as creatively bankrupt as you can get.

SJRB

Gold Member
Epitome of a 7/10 game. Nothing bad, but nothing stands out either. Saw some gameplay yesterday and even though I love that they're making a big city AC game, this is looking pretty rough and very last-gen in a lot of ways.

Pro-tip: Get Ubi+ for a month for 15 bucks and play this until you're done and cancel the subscription afterwards.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’ve got a feeling this is going to be a stripped down AC game, that brings nothing new to the table.
The main selling point will be we listened and brought back the old style. That’s it.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I’ve got a feeling this is going to be a stripped down AC game, that brings nothing new to the table.
The main selling point will be we listened and brought back the old style. That’s it.
That's pretty much what it is lol.

Take something beloved from fans > fans cry and whine about the new direction > bring back the thing you take away > claps and $$

Here is our review for AC Mirage - It was reviewed by one of our staff members. I've also played the game, they gave us 2 codes by requests. He beat the entire game and it took him roughly 20 hours. Probably 25 for 100%. Much less bloat here!

Negatives:

1 - doo doo combat system
2 - parkour feels a bit sluggish and slow and unresponsive at time

Pros:

1 - Stealth is back
2 - Story and game missions structure feels great
3 - World is beautifully crafted
4 - Lots of throwbacks to the OG games, feels like AC1, AC2 and Valhalla put together
5 - Way less bloat

Final Score 8/10

Written Review - https://www.gaminginstincts.com/review/assassins-creed-mirage-review-modernizing-its-roots/

Last edited:

Certinty

Happy to give this a go regardless of the reviews not being great.

Mainly because it’s back to the old formula and given how well Valhalla reviewed despite being one of the worst games in existence, I don’t trust critics with this franchise anymore.

BoxFresh123

Last AC I played to 100% was Black Flag.

I'll probably have a try of one of the newer ones this holiday. Any tips which to try (I really don't care about story continuity)

Here is our review for AC Mirage - It was reviewed by one of our staff members. I've also played the game, they gave us 2 codes by requests. He beat the entire game and it took him roughly 20 hours. Probably 25 for 100%. Much less bloat here!

Negatives:

1 - doo doo combat system
2 - parkour feels a bit sluggish and slow and unresponsive at time

Pros:

1 - Stealth is back
2 - Story and game missions structure feels great
3 - World is beautifully crafted
4 - Lots of throwbacks to the OG games, feels like AC1, AC2 and Valhalla put together
5 - Way less bloat

Final Score 8/10

Written Review - https://www.gaminginstincts.com/review/assassins-creed-mirage-review-modernizing-its-roots/

Hahaha they just rejiged ac valhalla combat didnt they rather than the old semi auto combat system. Its why stealth is such a focus on all the gameplay videos.

Kurotri

Is this the part where we pretend this DLC-turned-game that had to be cobbled together in 2 years and costs only 50 bucks to signal its nature getting 75+ is bad? I think that's a great score. This isn't the next big AC project..

Top Bottom