• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The controversial Assassin's Creed Mirage chromatic aberration setting is getting removed for all players, with an option to turn it back on

Cyberpunkd

It’s absurd that these companies don’t give console bros the option to turn off these awful effects like CA and motion blur. I understand FOV sliders affect performance so it’s not that easy but there is really no excuse for superfluous effects.
Especially if said effect is a visual artefact from analogue camera lens. It’s the first thing you correct while retouching photos.

Last edited:

Audiophile

Gold Member
They need a slider or at least multiple settings. I see it time and again where devs implement over the top chromatic aberration and then just patch in a toggle to turn it off entirely after pissing everyone off.

I like chromatic aberration when it's subtle, I think it can really bring the image together nicely. But it's best when it's light to moderate.

Give us a '0-5', '0-10' or at the very least an 'Off', 'Low', 'Medium', 'High'.

All or nothing sucks.

Kataploom

Gold Member
It’s absurd that these companies don’t give console bros the option to turn off these awful effects like CA and motion blur. I understand FOV sliders affect performance so it’s not that easy but there is really no excuse for superfluous effects.
And sometimes those effect are the actual cause of low performance, iirc in Alan Wake 2 changing the post-processing setting on PC affected the performance very noticeably (might be wrong, but I think it was said in a DF video)

rm082e

I generally like film grain. Motion blur doesn't bother me a bit since I play single player games.

Chromatic aberration though...ugh. Fuck that shit. I hate it with a passion. The only thing worse is really exaggerated camera bobbing in first person games.

Top Bottom