• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Mirage has “no plan” for DLC

Draugoth

Gold Member
Assassin’s Creed Reddit AMA, as multiple Ubisoft developers spent some time answering questions about the upcoming game. So the “narrative-driven” Assassin’s Creed game is making quite a few changes.

“For now, Mirage has no plan for DLC or extensive post-launch,”

assassins-creed-mirage-dlc-1-550x309.jpg

says Assassin’s Creed Mirage creative director Stéphane Boudon. This sounds like it means that plans could change, but don’t expect a big push for extra content before launch.

There are multiple versions of Assassin’s Creed Mirage with minor extras mind you, but this is limited to outfits for Basim, cosmetics, digital artbooks, soundtracks, and some physical extras like a figurine.

Boudon had a lot more to say in the AMA too, like “For parkour we are focusing on fluidity and control and building our own thing, taking inspiration from several Assassin’s Creed games.

havoc00

I hope its a mix of the OG games mixed with Origins, please stay away from odyssey and Valhalla models

MonkD

This is just a repackaged Valhalla dlc anyway. Not sure how so many are falling for the "back to roots" angle, it's obviously the same type of game as the last 3(I don't mind though)

Dont why the passive aggressive posts. Ac red is the big one next year with multiple expansions and season pass. Ac mirage is a one and done type of deal.

Barakov

Gold Member
Assassin’s Creed Reddit AMA, as multiple Ubisoft developers spent some time answering questions about the upcoming game. So the “narrative-driven” Assassin’s Creed game is making quite a few changes.

assassins-creed-mirage-dlc-1-550x309.jpg

says Assassin’s Creed Mirage creative director Stéphane Boudon. This sounds like it means that plans could change, but don’t expect a big push for extra content before launch.

There are multiple versions of Assassin’s Creed Mirage with minor extras mind you, but this is limited to outfits for Basim, cosmetics, digital artbooks, soundtracks, and some physical extras like a figurine.

Boudon had a lot more to say in the AMA too, like “For parkour we are focusing on fluidity and control and building our own thing, taking inspiration from several Assassin’s Creed games.
Ubisoft is releasing a complete game for the first time in YEARS?
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

I'd like to see companies drop their 'extensive' dlc plans and just take their dlc ideas and make complete games out of them.

R6Rider

Gold Member
This is just a repackaged Valhalla dlc anyway. Not sure how so many are falling for the "back to roots" angle, it's obviously the same type of game as the last 3(I don't mind though)
It's obviously not. Gameplay shows that immediately.

EDMIX

Ubisoft is releasing a complete game for the first time in YEARS?
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

I'd like to see companies drop their 'extensive' dlc plans and just take their dlc ideas and make complete games out of them.

Ok, but how the fuck do you know this is releasing "complete"? I've heard this argument before mind you and it makes little to no sense.

Unless any of us worked for the studio, we wouldn't know what the final, 100% version of the game was ever going to be, outside of what that studio told us.

So...for all you know, its a incomplete game, had plans for more content, released with only 60% of what was planned, scrapped the DLC.

OR

It can be complete 100% based on what the team wanted and the DLC adds on top of the final idea.

OR

It can be 60% complete of what the team wanted, and the DLC could make up the remainder of those plans or shit, the DLC could cover less then 20% of that difference and they added SOME of what they wanted and couldn't do the rest.

tbh, it can literally be anything above. Having DLC doesn't mean a game at release isn't complete, NOT having DLC doesn't mean a game is complete either, it reaches a bit too much to have a conclusion only the studio could know.

Look at it like this, if you write a book, how the fuck is SOMEONE ELSE going to tell you, the fucking author what is or isn't complete in your book? You might know for sure it was suppose to be more, you changed it to be 1 book instead of 4 etc. One simply can't know this based on DLC or no DLC, that doesn't really give all the context in something like this.

Top Bottom