• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Mirage is five times shorter than Valhalla

TheUsual

Gold Member
I'll definitely appreciate a tighter experience. Origins was the last one I played and beat. That felt stuffed with way too much to me.
Will wait for more previews and reviews before making a decision

MonkD

good ridance , let the true AC fans enjoy what a truly AC game is.

not a overblow RPG world
True AC fans will definitely love this Valhalla dlc. Too bad it's twice as expensive as it probably should be. Marketing team has done a hell of a job though, making you think this is anything like the old games.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The raiding design is an all time achievement in Valhalla,

Plus Valhalla had better characters (Singurd, Ragnar’s children in England.)

But yeah you’re going to get wiped out of playtime with this game just like Assassins Creed Odyssey (2018), I don't know people's schedules enough but I'm not sure 1 hour to 2 hour game times fit this game, you're gonna want to put some heat on this game, and that takes 4 to 8 hours out of you and it looks like they trimmed the fat with Mirage.

Bartski

Gold Member
The Office Thank You GIF

Raven117

I liked Valhalla enough, but it really could have been so much better.

Ubisoft typically has great concepts...that fail to make it truly compelling. This increases the irritation when it falters.

Draugoth

Gold Member
The latest playtimes we’ve received average at around 20-23 hours," Ubisoft lead producer Fabian Salomon says of Assassin’s Creed Mirage.
That can go up to 25-30 hours for the completionists, and we’ll say that those who will be rushing the game will be around 20 hours.

Oberstein

I'd like to see History no longer held hostage by Ubisoft.

No other major video game publisher is going for an open-world adventure in a historical setting. And that's a shame.

But if only Ubisoft would go back to the days of AC2. There was still some good creativity back then. And the Italian Renaissance setting is still very suitable for a game.

Edit: Ok, Ghost of Tsushima came along in the meantime, but that's pretty rare.

Last edited:

Arachnid

Good.

Now lets see if they still manage to fill it with repetitive Ubisoft trash or if it's actually a varied and engaging experience,

Kyo

A game can be "five times longer" than another one, but there's no such thing as "five times shorter". The phrase doesn't make any sense, why do so many people get this wrong? It's "a fifth of the length" of the other game.

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
I wouldn't call that short. Resident Evil 3 remake is short. Five times smaller than Valhalla is still 20-40 hours and that's a decent size. Even though I don't share the sentiment of majority here, I still welcome this change.

Sounds like I was one of the few people that really enjoyed Valhalla and even I thought it was a complete and utter slog after a point so shorter (and hopefully less repetitive) sounds good.

Muffdraul

I was pretty burnt out on "classic" AC by the time they switched to the open world RPG model, I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to go back to the supposed "good ol' days." But whatever, I intend to play Mirage and enjoy it.

Fbh

That's good. But this is also a DLC turned full release and inspired by the original style.
I want to see this type of trimming on the next big mainline entry made in the new RPG style. I'm interested in the one set in Japan, but if it's another bloated 60 hours main story I'm out.

I dunno fam. Black Flag was amazing.

Ironically though I think the "assassins creed" part of black flag was the worst part of the game.
The tailing missions, the modern day sections, the unnecessary stealth, looking for alien artefacts, etc.

The game is great but would have been even better if they just allowed it to be a cool standalone Pirate game

R6Rider

Gold Member
That's good. But this is also a DLC turned full release and inspired by the original style.
I want to see this type of trimming on the next big mainline entry made in the new RPG style. I'm interested in the one set in Japan, but if it's another bloated 60 hours main story I'm out.

Ironically though I think the "assassins creed" part of black flag was the worst part of the game.
The tailing missions, the modern day sections, the unnecessary stealth, looking for alien artefacts, etc.

The game is great but would have been even better if they just allowed it to be a cool standalone Pirate game
I felt Rogue was a better AC game with many of the mechanics of IV.

The whole method of Edward becoming an Assassin was so stupid.

diffusionx

Gold Member

All good, that's why they released Skull & Bones

• Triggered
Reactions: Fbh
Top Bottom