• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another day, another MGS Remake rumor, this time by Andy Robinson from VGC

8DM3Zo5.gif

They should just do a capcom and remake them all. MGS1 could really do with a remake. All the rumours are real just like they were true for silent hill.

Last edited:
Probably the title that would benefit from a real remake the most.

I hope they dont kill the little nuances and codec convos

Elios83

If SH2 remake is happening there is no reason why it shouldn't happen to a game in a far more successful series.
Hopefully they chose a good developer and there are also plans to release MGS4 on modern platforms.

Varteras

Gold Member
If SH2 remake is happening there is no reason why it shouldn't happen to a game in a far more successful series.
Hopefully they chose a good developer and there are also plans to release MGS4 on modern platforms.

OZ9000

Banned
Rarely I will pay full price for games, but I would happily pay full price individually for an MGS1, MGS2, and MGS3 remake. Fuaaaaaark.

Kuranghi

This is my least wanted MGS remake, I like the game but its way at the bottom for me vs the other 4 mainline entries. Story is really good, bosses are great for the most part, world is amazing in terms of the animals but I just disliked the actual moment to moment gameplay, the sneaking, I found it annoying af with the dpad sneaking or having to crawl everywhere, I think I was missing something.

A.Romero

This is my least wanted MGS remake, I like the game but its way at the bottom for me vs the other 4 mainline entries. Story is really good, bosses are great for the most part, world is amazing in terms of the animals but I just disliked the actual moment to moment gameplay, the sneaking, I found it annoying af with the dpad sneaking or having to crawl everywhere, I think I was missing something.

I agree, it's the softest of the series gameplay-wise and it doesn't hold up by modern standards. Not even twin snakes.

Still, I'll take it (but I think MGS3 would be the best option). Starting with the prequels would allow some interesting retcons.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I really don't need or want all these remakes. Sometimes I cave and give in, but this will likely be a "buy on sale" game.

AJUMP23

MGS3 is a great game. It is crazy but it is amazing and great. Bring me that opening theme......SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE EateEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEr!

Does anybody know who technically owns FoxEngine? Is it KojimaProductions or Konami? Because MGS 1 2 3 4 on FoxEngine would be my dream.

rofif

Banned
I could never get into mgs3.
To be honest, I would be content with just port of all 4 games to current system. Good ports.
Or only especially 4

I could never get into mgs3.
To be honest, I would be content with just port of all 4 games to current system. Good ports.
Or only especially 4
I think Konami is going to try to contract out to some studios to just slab on some modern graphics and effects. Hopefully Bluepoint got MGS 1

Last edited:

Bry0

A remake is cool, but I’d really just like some way to buy and play the old games again. They took them off digital stores, promised to bring it back, and…. That was years ago.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

A remake is cool, but I’d really just like some way to buy and play the old games again. They took them off digital stores, promised to bring it back, and…. That was years ago.
I’d love a full collection with 1 and 4 since those are the hardest to play currently legitimately: pretty easy to get ahold of 2,3 and 5 if you already purchased digitally in the past. Twin Snakes would be a nice bonus but that’s fairly easy to emulate unlike 4.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
MGS3 is cool and all, but MGS1 is the one I really want remade. not a 1:1 remake, but a complete psudeo reimagining with a far bigger shadow moses with tons of side areas and stuff. That MG Rex fight in 2023 tech would be mindblowingly good.

Does anybody know who technically owns FoxEngine? Is it KojimaProductions or Konami? Because MGS 1 2 3 4 on FoxEngine would be my dream.
Honestly Fox Engine would probably be outdated by modern standards, it's an engine that hasn't likely been updated for 10 years now.

Top Bottom