• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Financial Day 2020 [OT] PS. 5 Goddamn Hours Long

Even for the sake of argument that AMD used 150+ million for 159milli total so far, the PS4 is over 110 by now since the 109 announcement. That would be less than 50millie any way you cut it.

I trust investment calls over twitter attention seekers.

150+ millie probably means between 151-154 at best.

AMD source for console sales is vgchartz.. ZHUGEEX is piece of shit, but he is 10x more reliable then VGchartz.

bo3jId8.png

Last edited:

Trimesh

Banned
AMD source for console sales is vgchartz.. ZHUGEEX is piece of shit, but he is 10x more reliable then VGchartz.
bo3jId8.png

I think it's much more likely that AMD derived their numbers for the quantity of chips they supplied ... from the number of chips they supplied. There are, after all, in a uniquely qualified position to do that.

Yes I would say what amd has said today has not confirmed RDNA2 on xsx either, but Phil Spencer has confirmed RDNA2 for XSX, which is an official and direct confirmation, until we get something equally specific from Sony or there partners I would not consider it to be confirmed.
I think it's important to be accurate with language.
I don't need a direct statement to understand context clues. You really don't understand critical thinking at all. Big picture man. Stop trolling. Keep it up and Mod of War Mod of War will handle it himself.

Trimesh

Banned
Look at the bottom of the pic you quoted, they say the source is vgchartz.com

You don't get how this works, do you? They can't directly say "we sold X chips" because that's subject to commercial confidentiality - but they obviously DO know the actual number. So they find a number from some public source that matches the real one and quote that as being the source.

You don't get how this works, do you? They can't directly say "we sold X chips" because that's subject to commercial confidentiality - but they obviously DO know the actual number. So they find a number from some public source that matches the real one and quote that as being the source.

That's not how is works at all. companies give there own eternal estimates all the time, they just don't source a joke of a website.

Last edited:
I'm employed as hell. You said that guy was a liar and just wanted to know why. It's okay if you dont want to share anymore because you lack the skills to finish a dramatic reaction, emotion, or thought. I just thought I'd give you a chance and maybe back you up but....its all good carry on. I think we differ in age and dramatically in usernames lol
You replied to the wrong message lol.

Regarding Daniel Ahmed, he's a hack that has been proven several times to either lie or boost his analytical status on Twitter. Ask ethomaz ethomaz if you don't believe me.

And don't try to be a smart ass and defend someone who almost drove this site to the ground with his team of caniving traitors. Not a good look on you, especially with that eDgE lOrD username.

Imagine having a name like TherapistGaymer TherapistGaymer and trying to be taken seriously.

Last edited:
The reason nationalists word is today laughed at, is working class people without a nickel in their pocket recalling their history/ancestry to feel good about themselves (fake superiority). I see something similar going-on in-here, quoting sales figure to justify your purchase.

The design of this website kind-a encourages such behaviour. Moderators are biased towards the larger group. Moderator please do not take my apprehensions lightly. People should not come here to feel bad about their device or their friends who play with him/her on a particular console.

Just to add to the discussion, Nintendo beat Sony in sales. and if you add PC + Xbox gaming users, it would be 20:1 in favour of Microsoft. Fan wars is for losers. Grow up people.

The reason nationalists word is today laughed at, is working class people without a nickel in their pocket recalling their history/ancestry to feel good about themselves (fake superiority). I see something similar going-on in-here, quoting sales figure to justify your purchase.

The design of this website kind-a encourages such behaviour. Moderators are biased towards the larger group. Moderator please do not take my apprehensions lightly. People should not come here to feel bad about their device or their friends who play with him/her on a particular console.

Just to add to the discussion, Nintendo beat Sony in sales. and if you add PC + Xbox gaming users, it would be 20:1 in favour of Microsoft. Fan wars is for losers. Grow up people.
Man, these alts are really getting out of hand.

Must be reetards from reetardera infiltrating this forum.

Regarding Daniel Ahmed, he's a hack that has been proven several times to either lie or boost his analytical status on Twitter. Ask ethomaz ethomaz if you don't believe me.

And don't try to be a smart ass and defend someone who almost drove this site to the ground with his team of caniving traitors. Not a good look on you, especially with that eDgE lOrD username.

Imagine having a name like TherapistGaymer TherapistGaymer and trying to be taken seriously.

while I agree the guy is scum and unreasonable piece of shit. His sales analysis, numbers and insight is pretty damn good, and he has access to NPD and Europe numbers, just being honest.

Boy you are late. Like I said I'm cool with everyone here. I'm with you if he is a liar. I wanted to understand why. My job is in physical therapy so yeah I do meaningful work and I am employed. A very good look for me.

Boy you are late. Like I said I'm cool with everyone here. I'm with you if he is a liar. I wanted to understand why. My job is in physical therapy so yeah I do meaningful work and I am employed. A very good look for me.
You rape your patients? and you're a self-loathing homosexual gamer?

How was your name not rectified at this point?

You just existing on GAF is embarrassing, regardless if you're employed or not.

Change your name and then you can flaunt about your stable employment.

Man, these alts are really getting out of hand.

Must be reetards from reetardera infiltrating this forum.

I guess you want to be banned. We are not about that in this forum

Trimesh

Banned
That's not how is works at all. companies give there own eternal estimates all the time, they just don't source a joke of a website.

Yes, that's how it works - shipment numbers for customized devices are considered commercially sensitive data, and you can't directly use them in public-facing communications. I've had exactly the same thing happen to me where I was quoting an internal number and the legal department told me "you can't do that - find some external source and credit the number to them".

But the point here is that AMD absolutely DO know what the real number is, and will simply pick the source that quotes the number closest to reality - especially since this is an investor communication and there are potentially significant legal penalties for misleading people in those.

Pallas

Couldn’t watch the stream but it’s great that next gen is looking so promising and truly a giant leap forward in performance.

Who the hell do you think you are ban-begging when your balls didn't even drop yet on GAF (January 2020 member)?
Get that boomer shit the hell out of my face!
Go back to resetera, you self-loathing homosexual gaymer.

lbP3gPp.gif

Panaphonics

Banned
Couldn’t watch the stream but it’s great that next gen is looking so promising and truly a giant leap forward in performance.

lbP3gPp.gif

this guy should have been banned long time ago, especially because of his cringeworthy stupidthreads. Annoying af
But since he is pro-Sony it’s fine.

Last edited:

Pallas

this guy should have been banned long time ago, especially because of his cringeworthy stupidthreads. Annoying af
But since he is pro-Sony it’s fine.

MHK has a special place in my heart, he’s a good contributing poster most of the time but he has too much passion(or he’s just trolling, which is possible, damn you MHK) for gaming. He needs to cool off, that’s all.

Vroadstar

I still think it’s hilarious that we get more information from AMD about PS5 than from Slowny.
this is beyond Pathetic and just shows how Sony is operating today.
Hilarious.

Pathetic and Hilarious - being banned in a thread because of concern trolling of an exclusive game that he will never buy because
it will never come on a console he loves so much.

Panaphonics

Banned
Pathetic and Hilarious - being banned in a thread because of concern trolling of an exclusive game that he will never buy because
it will never come on a console he loves so much.

to be fair, mods here love to ban everyone that says something against Sony. As long as you are pro Sony and anti Xbox it’s fine. 😉
That’s why this forum is mostly called „SonyGAF“
also, queue in Bishoptl. 😉

Last edited:

Panaphonics

Banned
He trolls a lot. He probably is more neutral than a lot of people here who claim so.

yeah. Total neutral. Especially looking at his threads. Super neutral. 😂👍

anyway. Doesn’t matter. Let’s get back on topic.

Financial day is over. Thread can be closed. Lol

FranXico

yeah. Total neutral. Especially looking at his threads. Super neutral. 😂👍

anyway. Doesn’t matter. Let’s get back on topic.

Financial day is over. Thread can be closed. Lol
His joke threads FFS. I'm not saying they aren't stupid, but the intent should be obvious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom