• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Financial Day 2020 [OT] PS. 5 Goddamn Hours Long

FranXico

Thread continues to deliver!
tenor.gif

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I think what is confusing (and triggering) is that you are arguing the case because they don't specifically say PS5 but they also don't specifically say XSX either....

I just don't see the point in fighting over it like this over the word 'confirmed'. It isn't confirmed the Sun will rise in the morning but I think it will!

Yes I would say what amd has said today has not confirmed RDNA2 on xsx either, but Phil Spencer has confirmed RDNA2 for XSX, which is an official and direct confirmation, until we get something equally specific from Sony or there partners I would not consider it to be confirmed.
I think it's important to be accurate with language.

Sosokrates

For your statement to be correct one of the two must apply:
  • Sony lied about Ray-Tracing
  • AMD lied about Ray-Tracing only working on RDNA2.
Your entire argument relies on one of the two lying.

And this is before we even go into the mention of RDNA2 coming to consoleS.

No I just aknowledge that what amd said does not make it an absolute, hence the words "highly likely"

I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Last edited:

Shambala

Yes I would say what amd has said today has not confirmed RDNA2 on xsx either, but Phil Spencer has confirmed RDNA2 for XSX, which is an official and direct confirmation, until we get something equally specific from Sony or there partners I would not consider it to be confirmed.
I think it's important to be accurate with language.
Just give it up already. Are you a lawyer? Damn trying to be super technical for no damn reason 😂

mitchman

Gold Member
You’re*

Please learn the correct grammar.

“It’s has not be confirm” Sorry what? Take your own advice and learn English.
Excuse me? I lot of people here are not native English speakers, and even native English speakers make this mistake. Do you have an actual point or are you just trying to be an asshat?

bitbydeath

No I just aknowledge that what amd said does not make it an absolute, hence the words "highly likely"

I'm just calling a spade a spade.

No. Do you have a website you listen to?
AMD confirmed it and everyone will be running with it soon.

But, it does kind of make sense for AMD to launch RDNA 2 around November or December 2020, as that's when we're expecting the RDNA 2-powered Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 to launch.

Sosokrates

No. Do you have a website you listen to?
AMD confirmed it and everyone will be running with it soon.

Yeah I don't doubt websites will run with it. But to say it was a "confirmation" is just not true, but it's apparent you're not going to agree with me on this, so it seems pointless to continue this conversation.

Sosokrates

Thats kind of unfair i only see one xbox fan here, and boy is he shitting up the thread.
And you and your fellow comrades are completely innocent 🤭

The funny thing is I'm actually a bigger playstation fan then an Xbox one, I just don't think it's a confirmation of RDNA2 because it isn't, I'm 95% certain it will be though.

Last edited:
And you and your fellow comrades are completely innocent 🤭

The funny thing is I'm actually a bigger playstation fan then an Xbox one, I just don't think it's a confirmation of RDNA2 because it isn't, I'm 95% certain it will be though.

AMD the people that developed RDNA2 clearly state PS5 will have RDNA2 multiple times. For you that's not confirmation for some reason. i Wonder why.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Well, that wraps up the stream. I was out for most of it.

PDF Links:

Dr. Lisa Su: Building the Best

Mark Papermaster: Future of High Performance

David Wang: Driving GPU Leadership

Rick Bergman: Driving Growth Across PCs and Gaming

Forrest Norrod: Data Center Leadership

Devinder Kumar: Sustainable Growth

In the Q&A they clarified that the 7nm change for RDNA2 is just a nomenclature change and that it is still associated with 7nm+.
I was guessing that might be the case. 7nm in the slide was probably just an umbrella term.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He thinks he pretend he knows how much Xbox sold... I already discussed in old forum where I showed to him his guesses were impossible.

Even for the sake of argument that AMD used 150+ million for 159milli total so far, the PS4 is over 110 by now since the 109 announcement. That would be less than 50millie any way you cut it.

I trust investment calls over twitter attention seekers.

150+ millie probably means between 151-154 at best.

Last edited:

B_Boss

No they didn't. Show me where they said ps5 is using RDNA2.

He said "the next generation consoles will use our latest zen technology and use our latest RDNA technology as well"

In a court of law this would not necessary be proof that the PS5 is using RDNA2, I thinking it's highly likely that he does mean that the PS5 is using RDNA2, but that is different to a confirmation.

Arguments and evidence (deductive reasoning and logical inference also) based on what has been officially stated and shown would be case winners.

thelastword

Banned
BOOM
The new GPUs would also feature additional features which would deliver better gaming experience while being based on the latest 7nm process node.

BOOM
According to the roadmap shared by AMD, the RDNA2 GPUs would feature three key features that will be part of the new GPU architecture. First and foremost is the performance per watt increase which is due to a number of reasons. AMD will be shifting from TSMC's 7nm process to the more advanced 7nm process node. The new process node itself increases transistor efficiency on the new GPUs while decreasing its overall size, allowing AMD to cram more performance in a much smaller package.

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-navi-2x-rdna2-gpus-2x-performance-ray-tracing-2020-launch/

Top Bottom