• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Financial Day 2020 [OT] PS. 5 Goddamn Hours Long

to be fair, mods here love to ban everyone that says something against Sony. As long as you are pro Sony and anti Xbox it’s fine. 😉
That’s why this forum is mostly called „SonyGAF“
also, queue in Bishoptl. 😉
No man truly - I'm all for fair competition, I love games. I can take a joke but he got a bit out of hand. Its what's wrong with people in general. I love this forum and will admit when I'm wrong but hate is a no go and I'm proud of the mods for making me feel welcome. Look I'd even say - to the Sony fans, quit shoving the lose in their faces from last gen. XSX will be awesome. Do I think Sony will still be the best - I don't know. I like adventure games and single player so of course I love Sony but I started with MS and loved those memories too. Neogaf has been awesome. Call me an ass kisser but Mod of War Mod of War and EviLore EviLore have been so fair and just. I'm about to get a gold membership just to pay my respects. Again my fellow PS guys, back off they lost last gen. MS guys, stop holding a grudge and underestimating Sony. Let's all remember if anything we are all AMD Fanboys if anything. Love you all and thank you for being 2020 citizens in here. No hate guys, please.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
to be fair, mods here love to ban everyone that says something against Sony. As long as you are pro Sony and anti Xbox it’s fine. 😉

Oh... here comes the troll PS and play the SonyGAF/victim card with a pinch of “just banter mate, just banter” to be ready to deflect anything coming your way :rolleyes:.

Mentioned: Ray tracing with RDNA2 for new consoles, plural

XPs6Aea.png
That DirectX Raytracing v1.1 screenshot extracted from the PDF. Has a crap ton of image compression but it's the best available, right now.

graphics_roadmap_and_ntks7.jpg

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
Funny, because I got barred from a thread after xbox fans got all riled up when I said MS is going to move away from xbox consoles to focus on streaming, mere weeks before Spencer basically said the same thing.

So much for the SonyGaf narrative.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I don't need a direct statement to understand context clues. You really don't understand critical thinking at all. Big picture man. Stop trolling. Keep it up and Mod of War Mod of War will handle it himself.

You say mod of war will handle it yet you backseat mod yourself here.
Why even post this, you have no argument, you just say " err stop trolling, and you don't understand critical thinking" this is basically just petty name calling and it does nothing but escalate things, you don't present any counter argument with any reasoning or examples.

You say mod of war will handle it yet you backseat mod yourself here.
Why even post this, you have no argument, you just say " err stop trolling, and you don't understand critical thinking" this is basically just petty name calling and it does nothing but escalate things, you don't present any counter argument with any reasoning or examples.
Because I'm not arguing. Just like a responsible citizen who recycles or does volunteer work, I'm not going to let this place be a forum with hate. He was trolling his ass off. Actually was acting like someone took his milk and cookies. I see what you mean about name calling but I hope you'd tell him the same when it comes to hate. Anyway I have to get back to the topic before the mods, who I respect get on me. I respect authority - military raised man here. So you can shit on ot or respect it. I don't care. I'm neogaf and all the rational people in here all day.

ethomaz

Banned
The reason nationalists word is today laughed at, is working class people without a nickel in their pocket recalling their history/ancestry to feel good about themselves (fake superiority). I see something similar going-on in-here, quoting sales figure to justify your purchase.

The design of this website kind-a encourages such behaviour. Moderators are biased towards the larger group. Moderator please do not take my apprehensions lightly. People should not come here to feel bad about their device or their friends who play with him/her on a particular console.

Just to add to the discussion, Nintendo beat Sony in sales. and if you add PC + Xbox gaming users, it would be 20:1 in favour of Microsoft. Fan wars is for losers. Grow up people.
Bla bla bla.

I have no ideia what that post means or if it has any context lol

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Because I'm not arguing. Just like a responsible citizen who recycles or does volunteer work, I'm not going to let this place be a forum with hate. He was trolling his ass off. Actually was acting like someone took his milk and cookies. I see what you mean about name calling but I hope you'd tell him the same when it comes to hate. Anyway I have to get back to the topic before the mods, who I respect get on me. I respect authority - military raised man here. So you can shit on ot or respect it. I don't care. I'm neogaf and all the rational people in here all day.

You're not going to let this place be a forum of hate, yet you accuse me of trolling and not understanding critical thinking! talking like this to other user will likely result to the opposite of your desired outcome.

Who are you referring to when you say "He was trolling his ass off. Actually was acting like someone took his milk and cookies"?

The discussions are about the topic at hand, they are nothing personal.

You're not going to let this place be a forum of hate, yet you accuse me of trolling and not understanding critical thinking! talking like this to other user will likely result to the opposite of your desired outcome.

Who are you referring to when you say "He was trolling his ass off. Actually was acting like someone took his milk and cookies"?

The discussions are about the topic at hand, they are nothing personal.
Look I'm sorry towards you. Was being disrespected. When I said that to you it was because of the nitpicking in previous post. Clean slate move on. Much respect

You do not represent Neogaf, bruv.
Get off your high horse mate.

scalman

doesnt matter at all what it all can do on paper , all matters what devs can do with it on games , whats its only thing we need right now which we didint get. Noone will play shitty game with RT because it wont matter

Last edited:

ROMhack

Doubt. You could probably say anything on this forum as long as you do so in a way that encourages debate and isn't venting.

Last edited:

TBiddy

I'm not sure where this comes from. As long as you are able to present your criticism in a somewhat constructive manner, you won't get banned. If you act like a jerk, the door will closed behind you.

Yes, that's how it works - shipment numbers for customized devices are considered commercially sensitive data, and you can't directly use them in public-facing communications. I've had exactly the same thing happen to me where I was quoting an internal number and the legal department told me "you can't do that - find some external source and credit the number to them".

But the point here is that AMD absolutely DO know what the real number is, and will simply pick the source that quotes the number closest to reality - especially since this is an investor communication and there are potentially significant legal penalties for misleading people in those.

Lol sounds like stories from ass. Vgchartz uses ps4 and xbox one combined sale through numbers. AMD used a mile stone shipped number. We know since they listed vgchartz as a source they shipped over 157 million easily. Also they never gave a exact number they used a milestone number there is no reason to list the source as vgchartz. Anyway you look at it all creditability has been lost when they say the source is vgchartz.

Please don't come up with this lame ass excuse that's how it works to fit your wishful thinking. Show me a example of a reliable sales data using a bogus source and being considered acceptable. Been following sales for s long time to know this never happened.

Last edited:

llien

Im going to laugh so hard if, in the end, like the year 2022 or so, when Slowny finally reveals the PS5 that it’s not going to be RDNA 2.0. 😂👍
Why would AMD hide from Sony, that they are developing RDNA2 and when they plan to release it?
It would hide customizations that they do specifically for Microsoft, but there is no logical explanation for hiding roadmap from major consumers affected by it.

And "RDNA2 is developed for Microsoft, so it can only be used in Microsoft's products" is not even remotely imaginable.

GHG

I've honestly never seen a group of "fans" more obsessed with what the competition is doing than they are with their own platform of choice.

Can someone explain to me why people are having meltdowns over the PS5 also having RDNA 2?

Last edited:
I've honestly never seen a group of "fans" more obsessed with what the competition is doing than they are with their own platform of choice.

Can someone explain to me why people are having meltdowns over the PS5 also having RDNA 2?
Some people need validation from their electronics, they have to ensure they didn't back the wrong horse otherwise they suffer from penis shrinkage.

I know this because I backed the wrong horse one too many times.

Last edited:

Leonidas

TSMC has three high-level versions of its 7nm process:
  • N7, which is the basic initial version using ‘DUV’ only tools (so no EUV)
  • N7P, which is the second generation version of N7 which is also only DUV
  • N7+, which is an EUV version of N7 for a number of layers in the metal stack

Source: Anandtech

Ampere gonna be on 7nm+?

Don't know, I'd guess N7P from the above.

Seems like AMS is calling 7nm-+ as 7nm now.
It is confusing.

Yeah it is pretty confusing, AMD removed the + to avoid confusion, but won't specify which version of N7 they are using...

Last edited:

Leonidas

AMD is calling 7nm+ EUV, just 7nm now. Probably an easier name convention. They confirmed in the Q&A that it will be on 7nm+.

You got a link? When it was brought up in the Q&A no mention of EUV was made.

the AnandTech article states AMD is not specifying which N7 node they are using...

AMD is not making any specific clarifications of which version of 7nm from TSMC it plans to use.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
You got a link? When it was brought up in the Q&A no mention of EUV was made.

the AnandTech article states AMD is not specifying which N7 node they are using...

That is what I am talking about. They are saying RDNA2 with 7nm is just a nomenclature change and that it is still associated with 7nm+ "in their roadmaps", no?

That "7nm actually has encompassed with several diffent grades, shall we say, with its development so we matched up."

How else were they able to get an additional 50% efficiency over the current 7nm on the RDNA part? Sounds to me like they are encompassing all 7nm grades under one term.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
WTF? Was MHK drunk last night?

I thought he was just goofing around with TherapistGaymer but it seemed to get real????

As for my reference to there’s company, that episode had Janet confusing therapist with the rapist too from a business card! It was a good episode too!

Well for xbox fans the console is getting outsold more then 2 to 1. the console gets no love on gaming forums, so they wants something to feel better about. with RDNA 2 being confirmed it really makes the github leak very unlikely.

FranXico

Well for xbox fans the console is getting outsold more then 2 to 1. the console gets no love on gaming forums, so they wants something to feel better about. with RDNA 2 being confirmed it really makes the github leak very unlikely.
It's also a very petty desire to see the PS5 turn out as crap compared to the XSX. A vengeful "roles reversal" fantasy some people have been playing in their minds for the last 7 years.

I do think most Xbox fans are already happy with what's coming and don't care much about the PS5. It's just the vocal minority that does this.

Last edited:
It's also a very petty desire to see the PS5 turn out as crap compared to the XSX. A vengeful "roles reversal" fantasy some people have been playing in their minds for the last 7 years.

Fanboys are pretty damn childish. especially in this case. ps5 being weak only hurts X series, because less games will take advantage of the hardware. especially if ps5 didn't have RDNA2 many ports would have suffered.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
AMD's naming didn't match up with TSMC in previous slides.
RDNA2 is not using N7+/EUV

Source: Anandtech

Then how does one explain his comments with the specific usage of "nomenclature change" and "several different grades" under that, plus the 50% efficiency increase on the same silicon over current 7nm RDNA?

Seems lack of clarity, or maybe just not wanting to give away their sauce? :pie_thinking:

Leonidas

Then how does one explain his comments with the specific usage of "nomenclature change" and "several different grades" under that

TSMC has 3 levels of 7nm I pointed out here.

plus the 50% efficiency increase on the same silicon over current 7nm RDNA?

50% efficiency increase is a pointless metric without knowing how they got that number. RDNA cards have a range of efficiency for example, 5700 XT is the least efficient RDNA GPU, if they made the comparison using 5700 XT it could be easy for them to reach +50% efficiency...

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member

50% efficiency increase is a pointless metric without knowing how they got that number. RDNA cards have a range of efficiency for example, 5700 XT is the least efficient RDNA GPU, if they made the comparison using 5700 XT it could be easy for them to reach +50% efficiency...

For some reason I missed that post. Thank you.

:pie_thinking:

ethomaz

Banned

You are saying if they use a high clocked chip to mensure efficiency you will have a big % than a low clocked chip?

I understand that due the clock and watt relation being disproportional... more closer to clock limit the watt requirement exponentially increase.

Last edited:

Mass Shift

Are you being serious? This sort of thing happens at the start of every console generation. PC gamers aren't any better, they have meltdowns with each other every 14-16 months now over CPUs and graphic cards.

The conversation starts with what the fanboy's platform of choice has, and proceeds with what the other platforms DON'T have. There's nothing new or shocking about this shit.

The thing is I KNEW that graph and AMD's statements about RDNA2 weren't going to be good enough for some people around here. They're going to deny it until Sony makes it official.

I'm really hoping Sony will put alot of this stuff to bed soon because the 13-14TF runaway train is just as bad as Xbox fanboy denial.

Top Bottom