• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Is Sending Mails Telling Consumers They Won't Receive Their PS5 At Promised Date Due High Demand

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I preordered this bisj no joke when it was put online.

the damn amazon listing was still getting made.

i hammered on that fucker until it allowed to go to buy it.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Does anyone remember pre-ordering PS4 from Amazon? Did they send out a similar warning email?
The moment they announced it I ordered from Amazon and didn't get the email.

2 days later more were available so I grabbed one for my son.
This one I did get a email from Amazon saying something about me possibly not getting one by launch.

Fast forward.... I got both on time in November 🙂

I think these emails are because Amazon's shipping has been lacking and they are covering there bases.

I honestly think this is a problem only hitting Amazon in America due to that dodgy pre order Amazon link.

I pre ordered at around 9am, right when Amazon UK officially started pre orders and mines still set to deliver on release date, no email either.

Feel bad for you Americans though. :/

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
[–]metathetic 654 points 6 hours ago2
To preface, I was on the video games team at Amazon in 2013 and I was directly involved with the launch of the PS4 and Xbox One. I am also no longer there, so take this with a grain of salt.
This is almost definitely an automated email because of how the PS5 is set up in Amazon's system on the back end. Because of restricted allocations and the insane order velocity on the consoles, there's some behind-the-curtains magic that has to happen so everything doesn't explode. If you ordered any PS5 accessories along with your console, you'll see in your order history that the accessories say "Pre-ordered" and the console is "Not yet shipped." Example:
TL;DR: This is probably automated, and I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Phew! we can all relax now peeps

Yeah, I think everyone that ordered from Amazon got the email, regardless of order time (I got mine less than a minute from the listing going live). I think some of us will get a delay, while others wont. I've had similar stuff like this happen before with other preorders, where they tell me they quite don't know yet when I'm going to receive my order. Some time later they give me an update with a new expected delivery date, sometimes it is the same as release day, but in some rare cases they delay it a day or two. I guess they are just probably preparing themselves because of the insane volume of orders and its probably going to overload their delivery infrastructure. This coupled with COVID I can see why they would send this message. Is it disappointing if I don't get it on release day? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No. As long as I get it close to the release day I will be fine. Gotta say though, my heart skipped a beat when I saw a message that came in from Amazon and saw it mentioned my PS5 preorder. I thought for sure they had cancelled my order, but I released a sigh of relief after I saw what the actual message was about. Anyway, keeping fingers crossed we don't get too long a delay, if any at all.

Ordered almost the instant the link went live. Didnt get the email bro

Texas Pride

Banned
Not worried at all, this is why you have to pre-order from multiple places.

My guess is maybe sony give amazon the heads up that they might not get as many shipments as they thought

At the end of the day, If i get the console anytime in 2020 I will be a happy man. Amazon does not charge you until the console ships so thats the great thing about ordering from amazon. I would be pissed if this happened with Target or best buy because they charge you right away for pre-orders.

And people pre-ordering multiple consoles from multiple places are the reason people can't even get one. So congratulations asshole. I hope every order you placed gets cancelled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom