• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Is Sending Mails Telling Consumers They Won't Receive Their PS5 At Promised Date Due High Demand

ethomaz

Banned
Thanks the guys for sharing it.

It is a big fuck up bullshit.

Just got this from Amazon.

7lWQKCr.jpg

uR7v7vk.gif

Same here
9TZnuhI.jpg

9TZnuhI.jpg

More info:

Now my order includes the green text "We'll email when available." None of the PS5 accessories I ordered have that text on it.

Wow, Amazon.

RHH4WD9.jpg

Last edited:

Thedtrain

Yea I got this too. I “may not receive this item on the day it is released due to high demand. We’ll make every effort to get the item to you as soon as possible once released.”

idk which one to keep. My target preorder or my amazon one.

False

Have the same email. Ordered like 10 minutes before midnight EST.

Last edited:

Axonometri

Same WTH is going on? I pre ordered when I said I wouldnt without all the info I wanted to see.. I did it anyway seeing the instant sellouts. Now, I may not even get it at launch anyway.. nice.

dorkimoe

Whats funny is he ordered from gamestop as well I believe. SO hes ordering multiples. ( If he even pays for them himself)

I should never have cancelled my Target one. I did so thinking Amazon and Walmart were safe. Damn it

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Following along when the link went live, it seemed to last quite awhile. I'd love to know how many they pre ordered

chonga

Pretty sure I received a similar email when I pre-ordered my PS4 from Amazon UK back in the day.

They ended up having masses to go round and opened up pre-orders on multiple occasions after I had pre-ordered.

Of course every situation is unique, so who knows.

ethomaz

Banned
Pretty sure I received a similar email when I pre-ordered my PS4 from Amazon UK back in the day.

They ended up having masses to go round and opened up pre-orders on multiple occasions after I had pre-ordered.

Of course every situation is unique, so who knows.
Did you received the PS4 on the day?

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Oh sh!t !! Didn't pre-order from there, but I hope other retailers can still come through !!

Last edited:

BONDO

Preordered a PS4 last time- arrived at launch. No email like this

Keighley having a preorder here also may shed some additional light on the matter in the near future

chonga

Did you received the PS4 on the day?
I did indeed. 2 hours after my work colleague who also ordered from Amazon on a totally different van, of course - who needs logistical efficiency.

There's probably also an element of over-ordering, a bit like airplane tickets. They know people will cancel over time/not turn up to the airport.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Same WTH is going on? I pre ordered when I said I wouldnt without all the info I wanted to see.. I did it anyway seeing the instant sellouts. Now, I may not even get it at launch anyway.. nice.

Amazon and Walmart are at war. They are currently over selling their allotment because they know of a hot item. Sony can't keep up with the demand and they know it. If you preorder online you may not get it day one. This product is extremely hot.

I believe this may happen for the Xbox xss but not the XSX.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Got the same. Amazon is a big boy though, so maybe they can pull some strings.

iamvin22

Industry Verified

Amazon and Walmart are at war. They are currently over selling their allotment because they know of a hot item. Sony can't keep up with the demand and they know it. If you preorder online you may not get it day one. This product is extremely hot.

I believe this may happen for the Xbox xss but not the XSX.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Isnt this company worth like $2 trillion? ffs. buy some more fucking trucks you cheap cunts.

Bezos just bought a $500 million. tell him to sell that and contract it out to USPS. dont be in this business if you cant honor your orders.

Top Bottom