• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All The Last of Us 2 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

avenovah

Holy fuck...
bq9cosqjai311.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yes it happens, but it's quite rare it happen at this level where the game is still a bit far from release, the game was planned for May, now it's coming in June at soonest, and we're talking about ending spoilers.

Guess gonna have to avoid Twitter home page guh
Assuming ND's reason for delaying due to coronavirus and disc pressing logistics is true, the game is basically wrapped up and ready to go.

Reactions: Isa

Mochilador

That's not even the half of it.

The woman in the second trailer is Abby, she's the daughter of a surgeon you kill in the first game and you play as her in the first part of the game. She's the one who kills Joel.
Damn, tell us more. What's the reason behind that??

Chakan

Three of these videos are no big deal.

The fourth, lenghty one, has considerable plot spoilers.

The fifth, oh boy, the fifth video. Avoid that one at all costs. Not joking. It may ruin your experience if you watch it.

All of them can be found on reddit if anyone's curious.

Last edited:

Mochilador

Reddit post:
Someone in the comments of the video said they saw a potentially true leak that says Joel AND Ellie both die. Joel is killed in the first few hours by Abby, the daughter of the surgeon you kill in Part One. This is apparently what happens in that scene in the trailer where Ellie's being held down. Ellie dies at the end of the story, but he wasn't told how. Jesse and Dina live. You play as Abby for half the game.
I absolutely believe this because it's the complete opposite of what I want and what every fan wants, and that's how literally every fictional property (except maybe Marvel?) has seemed to be going, lol.
It makes sense too, with what we know-- Ashley Johnson cried when she first heard the story, that PSX thing where both of them sang that ominous Johnny Cash song, Abby being the daughter of the murdered surgeon speaks to the whole, "cycle of violence", theme that Neil and Haley Gross keep repeating.
Troy Baker just said something like, "The Last of Us Part II will make fans question everything". According to this guy, Ellie is portrayed as the bad guy because of her body count, and so showing Joel and Ellie from the perspective of someone who had their life destroyed by them would certainly make us, "question everything".
Again, not the story I want, and if this is true, both Neil and Gross are going to be burned at the fucking stake by fans.

marianus

Three of these videos are no big deal.

The fourth, lenghty one, has considerable plot spoilers.

The fifth, oh boy, the fifth video. Avoid that one at all costs. Not joking. It may ruin your experience if you watch it.

All of them can be found on reddit if anyone's curious.
Please link me or spoil me the fifth video. Thank you.

DonF

Wait so why is the game delayed? It looks finished.... And it's in the wild, they truly delayed it cause of Corona?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If the ending is true, I commend Druckmann and team for something different. Plot twists are good imo, unless it's something totally stupid..... watch season 1 of a UK show called Broadchurch and that is a perfect example of a stupid plot twist that literally happens in the last 20 minutes of an 8 part season.

Let's see. Abby = beefed up no nonsense daughter out for revenge

1. Joel is beat up and killed by Abby (Joel is a manly kick ass dude)
2. Ellie killed by Abby (Ellie is a lesbian)

Looks like Druckmann is a moderate. Macho men are a no-go, and so are liberal lesbians.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wait so why is the game delayed? It looks finished.... And it's in the wild, they truly delayed it cause of Corona?
The reason they gave is coronavirus screwed up "logistics" of the game. Which was interpreted as disc pressing was delayed, so delay the game until the game can be pressed and shipped to stores later.

If the ending is true, I commend Druckmann and team for something different. Plot twists are good imo, unless it's something totally stupid..... watch season 1 of a UK show called Broadchurch and that is a perfect example of a stupid plot twist that literally happens in the last 20 minutes of an 8 part season.

Let's see. Abby = beefed up no nonsense daughter out for revenge

1. Joel is beat up and killed by Abby (Joel is a manly kick ass dude)
2. Ellie killed by Abby (Ellie is a lesbian)

Looks like Druckmann is a moderate. Macho men are a no-go, and so are liberal lesbians.
Its just hilarious that after the dozens and dozens of people that Joel has killed the way they finally take him out is at the hand of some teenagers XD. The story sounds so retarded lol.

mortal

Gold Member
Reddit post:
Someone in the comments of the video said they saw a potentially true leak that says Joel AND Ellie both die. Joel is killed in the first few hours by Abby, the daughter of the surgeon you kill in Part One. This is apparently what happens in that scene in the trailer where Ellie's being held down. Ellie dies at the end of the story, but he wasn't told how. Jesse and Dina live. You play as Abby for half the game.
I absolutely believe this because it's the complete opposite of what I want and what every fan wants, and that's how literally every fictional property (except maybe Marvel?) has seemed to be going, lol.
It makes sense too, with what we know-- Ashley Johnson cried when she first heard the story, that PSX thing where both of them sang that ominous Johnny Cash song, Abby being the daughter of the murdered surgeon speaks to the whole, "cycle of violence", theme that Neil and Haley Gross keep repeating.
Troy Baker just said something like, "The Last of Us Part II will make fans question everything". According to this guy, Ellie is portrayed as the bad guy because of her body count, and so showing Joel and Ellie from the perspective of someone who had their life destroyed by them would certainly make us, "question everything".
Again, not the story I want, and if this is true, both Neil and Gross are going to be burned at the fucking stake by fans.
If this is actually true it sounds like a pretty interesting turn of events, certainly more than I'd give Naughty Dog credit for in the past. I don't get it why are some people saying the story is shit?

I still haven't seen any other leaks corroborate that christian cult rumor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom