• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Cyberpunk 2077 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

V4skunk

Banned
Yup, it is

The differences are: better resolution, 60 fps and better draw distances (due to the SSD, I think)

Watched the PS4 gameplay and when the player pushed the game too far (going as fast as he could on a bike) the PS4 struggled to keep up, drawing elements of the scenario very late on the scene
My point is that PS5 and XSX have not even got their own version of the game yet, so wait for that.

waquzy

YouTubers are already streaming the game.

Alanah is playing it on the PC (3080 I think) with loads of dropped frames, whereas the PS5 footage is buttery smooth. Mark Cerny sauce strikes again ;)

Yeah I know that the PC is running at higher settings most likely, but I take the frame rate over resolution any day of the week.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Alanah is playing it on the PC (3080 I think) with loads of dropped frames, whereas the PS5 footage is buttery smooth. Mark Cerny sauce strikes again ;)

Yeah I know that the PC is running at higher settings most likely, but I take the frame rate over resolution any day of the week.

It just needs to be patched for PC. At worst, anyone with an RTX 2080Ti or higher can play the game with the settings employed by the PS4 version running on the PS5.

Lister

Banned
Well, I wouldn't have put it like that....

But romance options add depth so they're always welcomed for me

Absolutely. And it's not that he didn't like Romance options, who cares. IT's that his take is that since he doesn't like them, they shouldn't exist, and anyone who does like them is somehow wrong.

Like, the entitlement on that dude.

MastAndo

Gold Member
Anyone know how far into the game the different lifepath choices merge? I'm still undecided so I may start up a save for more than one, just to check it out...

GhjUpDZmJoe

Neo Member
I saw interesting information. Is it true that after newest big patches they censored many nude scenes in the game? For example I heard that while sex scene, Johnny's girlfriend is no longer nude after patch. Can someone, someone who played previous unpatched version confirm it?

Marcy

Neo Member
For those who are interested in the romance, like me:
  • Alt Cunningham (Gender doesn’t matter, Automatic in a Johnny Silverhand Main Quest)
  • Panam Palmer (Heterosexual, requires Male Character)
  • Judy Alvarez (Lesbian, requires Female Character)
  • River Ward (Heterosexual, requires Female Character)
  • Kerry Eurodyne (Gay, requires Male Character)
I don’t know if they are the only options tho

(I don’t care if you don’t like the romance mechanic, let people have fun)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

cyberpunk-2077-kojima-580x334.jpg

During one of heists in Cyberpunk 2077, which you can pre-order from the Humble Store, you’re checking out a corpo bar – it’s a swanky place, and it’s got the expected clientele of well-dressed, affluent drinkers sitting in its plush booths. Several patrons are clearly into Night City’s upscale art scene, while another brags about a party he’s throwing on his yacht.

In one corner, you can come across a character named Oshima holding court in a booth. He’s speaking in Japanese, and your cybernetic implants provide an on-the-fly translation. He’s discussing the idea of genre tropes – apparently this is still an issue in Cyberpunk 2077’s world of ‘braindances.’

Oshima says he has a research team in Tokyo that’s currently looking into capturing the full range of human feeling. “I want my production to convey real, raw emotion,” he explains. “Take, for example, the feeling when you combine happiness with melancholy, or being calm with an underlying sense of anxiety.”

Oshima is clearly modeled on Kojima – he’s got the distinctive tousled hairstyle, the bookish round glasses, and even the hip motorcycle-style leather jacket that the Metal Gear creator tends to favour. And it turns out that the name Oshima means ‘large island’ – it’s an alternative pronunciation to ‘Kojima.’

If you hang around a bit, he’ll ask you things like “Do you know my work?” and “Did you bring a pitch for me?” Then he studiously ignores you. How pretentious!

Madflavor

For those who are interested in the romance, like me:
  • Alt Cunningham (Gender doesn’t matter, Automatic in a Johnny Silverhand Main Quest)
  • Panam Palmer (Heterosexual, requires Male Character)
  • Judy Alvarez (Lesbian, requires Female Character)
  • River Ward (Heterosexual, requires Female Character)
  • Kerry Eurodyne (Gay, requires Male Character)
I don’t know if they are the only options tho

(I don’t care if you don’t like the romance mechanic, let people have fun)

Wait so we romance Alt as Johnny, or as V in the year 2077? Just a little confused on that.

Also this confirms what I was thinking earlier. There's definitely a lack of romance options in the game. Looking at it now they should have just probably made everyone Bi. There's basically one available option for each preference.

inflation

Watched some streams and it seems Jackie has to die on the final mission of the prologue, no matter what approaches you choose. 😔

Marcy

Neo Member
Wait so we romance Alt as Johnny, or as V in the year 2077? Just a little confused on that.

Also this confirms what I was thinking earlier. There's definitely a lack of romance options in the game. Looking at it now they should have just probably made everyone Bi. There's basically one available option for each preference.

I agree with you :(

As a bi girl, I like Judy and river, but god dammit, at least give us Evelyn, victor and Takemura as bi options game!

but I still have hope, we have to wait for the official guide book that launches tomorrow. THEN we will have 100% confirmation.

romance list source: https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-romance-guide-all-romances/

Madflavor

I agree with you :(

As a bi girl, I like Judy and river, but god dammit, at least give us Evelyn, victor and Takemura as bi options game!

but I still have hope, we have to wait for the official guide book that launches tomorrow. THEN we will have 100% confirmation.

romance list source: https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-romance-guide-all-romances/

Yea. Basically if you're a straight Male V, and for whatever reason you don't want to romance Panam, then your shit out of luck. And that goes for pretty much everyone else (except for players who are Bi irl). What the fuck were they thinking with this?

Hope we don't have to wait long for modders to fix this, cause this is really short-sighted of CDPR.

scalman

they should just cancel versions that just couldnt handle game. instead we got this shit show here. whos gonna enjoy it on base last gens ?

Monjiro

Neo Member
Cyberpunk 2077 before & after big patch. They censored the game. Please share it on twitter. Let gaming community see.

Taking into account all other things (bugs), I guess I can ignore cp2077 and start second playtrough for yakuza7. Never support censorship eapecially with things like patches. It's weird that othera are ignoring this..

GhjUpDZmJoe

Neo Member
Taking into account all other things (bugs), I guess I can ignore cp2077 and start second playtrough for yakuza7. Never support censorship eapecially with things like patches. It's weird that othera are ignoring this..
Yeah. I am surprised no one reacted to this horrible censorship.

scalman

i think there will be even more changes with patches , i remember devs where so concern about not hurt people in comments so i guess they just changed stuff to not angry some persons. but who cares they should just went full on . now it will be some light version of game that could be .

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
they should just cancel versions that just couldnt handle game. instead we got this shit show here. whos gonna enjoy it on base last gens ?
Can't. There's over 150 million last gen Xbox and PS systems.

A next gen only game would mean PC, and the small number of PS5 and S/X sold.

Top Bottom