• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite 2 is being announced this week (Leaked Earlier)

Draugoth

Gold Member

Excellent news for all fans of the moba game Smite, as it has been leaked before the official announcement that a sequel to the game is in full development, although the details are unknown.

According to people on Reddit, it was Steam itself in Russia that leaked Smite 2, which simply mentioned that the game exists with the message: "Add Smite 2 to your wish list right now."

102517.png

On the Russian Steam storefront, a post reportedly surfaced discussing Smite 2 – but it didn’t hang around for long.

It was an advertisement urging users to add Smite 2 to their wishlist, and it was snapped by eagle-eyed gamers and shared on Reddit before it could be removed.

Elsewhere, dedicated dataminers dug up references in Smite to a ‘Smite 2 Founders Pack’. It was claimed on smitedatamining.com that this pack would be made available during Smite’s 2024 birthday event, which falls on March 25. It’s a celebration of the game’s ten-year milestone, and fans are expecting some kind of grand reveal this weekend during the tenth edition of the game’s World Championship tournament in Atlanta, Georgia.

It’s not yet known what ‘Smite 2’ will look like, such as whether it’ll ‘overwrite’ the first game, but time will likely tell.

Last edited:

Salz01

I liked Smite when it first came out. Stoped playing it for a bit and when I came back, was lost and confused by all the store packs and unlocks. Stopped playing and never went back. Hopefully they stream line all that shit for 2.0

I love smite. I go on and off but it's just a fun simple MOBA. I've introduced like 4-5 friends to it and they are now the same as me they love it and go on and off. When me and my friends form a full party we can't win games for shit but we still have fun.

Aion002

Is this just a graphical update to SMITE or is this a real sequel?
A sequel.

Skins won't carry over and Smite 1 will still be supported, receiving updates for the foreseeable future. They also announced a new god for Smite 1, which will be released on February 20th and the new season.

Also, they announced that they will reward Smite 1 players according to their play time with new skins and stuff on the sequel.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
This is a great unexpected game.

I liked smite 1 but never as much as dota or league. Good opportunity to get a guy like me into their fold with this update since league is not fun thanks to riots constant blundering, and dota is just too much game for me.

Wildebeest

Unreal Engine 5.
PC, Steamdeck, PS5, XBOX S/X
Reset button on "technical debt" (Smite is buggy and often performs bad with being worked on for 10+ years)
Founders pack is like God pack from original
Existing Smite players will get "legacy" rewards, whatever that means (they say, but it seems complicated).

Top Bottom