• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 and Like a Dragon Gaiden have no physical release, will you buy these games?

Kabelly

since im on PC I wouldn't have bought a physical of Alan Wake anyways but then they had to make it Epic Games exclusive so now I really won't buy it.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Absolutely. I appreciate physical but I'm over it for current gen. Just don't care anymore and I try my best to not accumulate more boxes/cases.

Aenima

Not at launch, maybe during a 20$ promo, if they dont appear in PS+ before that. And thats for Gaiden, Allan Wake 2 is not in my wishlist. BG3 will be another to buy for 20$ during a promo.
As much as i love the Yakuza series, i refuse to support the death of physical media.

T-Cake

Nope, because it's Epic exclusive on PC, it will just have to wait until they give it away as one of their freebies. And the same with PlayStation, I'll wait until it goes on PS+ Extra.

RavageX

Like a Dragon Gaiden sure, I 100% like to support RGG Studios. Although as someone who owns all Yakuza physical titles it kind of bores me they went only digital for this one.
I've done this as well, however since the main guy is gone and they went this route.....I might sit this one out. (Which is sad, I own all the games at this point)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Alan Woke 2 is definitely a game I'm interested in but.......I won't support a digital only release for a title like this.
It should have a physical release.
And the reason for a digital only release?
allows Remedy to ensure that it's completely ready to go on the day of release
didnt-think-so-morpheus.gif

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Game Who Erased it's Sales
I have everyone physical, I haven't even started on half on them.
So I'm in no rush to buy it especially when it's not a physical release

Gambit2483

I'll be picking up the physical version of Like A Dragon from Play-Asia. Won't be touching Alan Wake.

If they want to limit their revenue streams that's on them. FAFO

Lupin25

Yeah I am.

I’m not going to act like I have the time to go out and buy every physical release anyways. Gonna get AW2 on sale and Yakuza day one.

Last edited:

Valt7786

Yeah, I'll be picking up Alan Wake, couldn't give a shit about this physical vs digital fight. Either way you have the game, so whats the problem? Unless you're in an unfortunate enough situation that trading in/buying for $10 in 3 years is your only option or your just a complete tight-arse.

I'll download Alan Wake on Game pass ultimate like I did Sea of Stars. Difference is I'll be buying a physical edition of sea of stars as soon as it comes out. If Alan Wake doesn't come to GPU I just won't play it.

A digital future is what you expected since the beginning of previous gen as games got dígital releases at day one

The first Alan Wake came out in May 2010, but the Xbox 360 only got digital release in November 2010, 6 months later

Hudo

My main platform is PC and I have already submitted to my fate of not getting big box PC games back... But I am glad that I have experienced the time where they still existed.

Edit: Should've seen the downfall coming when they shifted towards the shitty DVD jewel cases

Last edited:

Dane

I don’t understand how come super niche game like Another Code can have physical copy release but these guys can’t.
image_3_3ddfdd36-4632-47ad-a7f2-c377ceff1ae0_1004x1626.png
Games like Another Code are certain to retain value and be valued itself for the fanbase since there wasn't a new game in like 15 years, a triple A game? Most likely on bargain bin in 1.5-2 years, even at digital.

well, if it's the only way that a game i want to play is available, then, yeah, of course i will. ask me something harder next time...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
zYHOgMK.jpg

Never forget what they took from us. Now you literally get a disc in the cheapest possible case and if you’re lucky an insert that is an advertisement of some sort.
Cheaper than on PSN, I own it, I can play 1.0 if I want. Don't care about being hacked or banned by sony if they ever change policy and I no longer "fit in".
Crap or not but it's cheaper! Don't have elden ring pics but 1.0 of elden ring is a really really really interesting version of the game.... and it comes with tons of goodies too.
Nothing comes with as much goodies as saints row though lol. Not gonna post it but it was best 10$ spent in my life.

1hbHDsZ.jpg

2RL52r9.jpg

Muffdraul

Absolutely, I have no use for physical. None of the "My top 10 reasons for wanting to stay physical" bullet points apply to me. The digital future has been here for a few years now.

Mhmmm 2077

I'll buy anything and everything from RGG Studio, Alan Wake 2 probably won't ever come to Steam, so that's a no from me.

I hope it doesn't take hold, as digital games are much more expensive than physical ones here. I will not be buying either of these games. If at all then much much later for little money. How about you folks? Do you not care or will you just not support digital only single player games?
I'll support any game that's a quality title, no matter digital or physical, store or hardware. Anyone not buying a game because of this or its not on Steam etc is being very silly.

Top Bottom