• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A great big f**k you to Sony for this month's PS Plus line-up...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oh come on, stop complaining like entitled Karens :messenger_tears_of_joy: Take a breath and think for a second.

1) PS+ costs about 3€/$ month, because we can ALWAYS get it for 35-40€$ at least once a year around state of play/BF, usually it is on sale at least twice. You cant blame Sony if you use the most expensive method of monthly payments, and even with the full price of 59.90€/12 months it is only 5€ month.

2) lets use average of 3 games/month (it is actually more, but lets just round it down) -> we pay about 1-1.5€ for 1 game.

3) There have been good games every year, basically if gamer gets even 1 game they want to play it is already somewhat ok deal. And we should also count ALL games that we already own and they come to ps+, because it is not Sonys "fault" that we already had them, it just means that we got games we like, but unfortunately we already had.

4) Some of us can always sell our copy of game which comes to ps+ too, to gain few € at least. This doesnt apply to digitan only people, but it is their choise and still viable option as nobody forces us to get digital games.

So people REALLY think that they should get multiple full AAA games for 3-5€$/month? And when it doesnt happen, they rage?

It seems like people have this perverted logic, like they compare the most expensive monthly payment (is it 9,9€$/month?) as whole to invividual games and get angry because "bbbbut I am paying 120€$ year for this ONE GAME??"

PS+ is EPIC service for what it cost, I mean, whom doesnt waste the same amount of money yearly to something stupid like fast food/taxi/restaurants/candy/booze/renting movies/uber/whatever which isnt essential for living? Even I spend 10.99€ monthly for spotify, which is kind of even more waste of money if we think about it. I could just listen to radio.

I have had ps+ since 2013, taken all the games and while there can be only few games I have truly liked on some years, it is still worth it. But usually there are like 5-10 games yearly that I at least try out, and it is then basically like I got those games for almost free, didnt like them but at least I now know not to buy them so I evaded the bullet of buying them later.

It's not like PS+ costs something absurd 200€$ year, so complains arent really fair because for so cheap service is great.
But it's Christmas bro. Will somebody think of the first world children?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
People bitching and comparing Plus to Game Pass.
When it actually this
DecGwG_16x9_4UP_Points_ESRB_Pricing_JPG.jpg

Yeah... exactly

I honestly feel like a console warrior these days with how much shit I talk on Sony. Thing is, I've played Playstation consoles more than any other and I am a big fan of the brand. PS1-4 were all my main, if not only, consoles of the previous generations. They're just constantly annoying me these last few years, however.

This is just another example. When was the last time Sony actually made news for something that made their audience smile and cheer? Yes, their games are great, and that is the most important thing, but it is not everything.

It is everything. What else does switch have going for it except games? A videogame consoles primary function is to play games. Most other features ain't that relevant.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Modern playstation is such a step down from playstation of 5 years ago. They made so many consumer friendly moves, they were communicative. The games are still pretty good, but thats about the most praise i can muster for jim ryans playstation. I suppose its the only praise that matters

SafeOrAlone

Banned
It is everything. What else does switch have going for it except games? A videogame consoles primary function is to play games. Most other features ain't that relevant.
Well, in terms of success, maybe you're right. I can comfortably say that it isn't everything to me. Sony's attitudes and policies over the last few years are the main reasons I haven't bought a PS5 or the PS5 Spider-Man games I am dying to play. Maybe I'm the minority, but I can't be the only one who has been turned off of Sony as of late.

FunkMiller

No it is okay that you have a pop at the big old company isn't the main point. I stand by everything I said you can react like a child and throw all the slander and the words you want but if that is the exact same way you would act in front of adults and let that out in that form then I would hate to be hanging around you since I don't know react about anything that's not that important.

To repeat so there's no misunderstanding, you are free to feel and think what you think but there's better ways to articulate it and again you can refer to my original statement because I don't back down from that. Have a great day and try to not get so worked up about shit that doesn't matter in your personal life.

...you don't like swearing, do you?

Last edited:

Outlier

I've not tried it as I have it on PC. What is it, 1080p 60fps or 4k 30fps?
Huh... Check the game info (right now) on my ps5 and it SPECIFICALLY says this:

"Experience the superior way to play the award-winning Mortal Shell. Uncompromised 60fps gameplay, 4K resolution, and ultra high-quality textures.

Upgrade for free. Witness your struggle in detail like never before."

So either I need to upgrade the PSN version or we'd have to pay for the PS5 version, cause it's 30fps and lower than 4K, for me.

I looked at the PC version yesterday, but I've been spending too much on things I don't need lately, so i opted for the PS+ version.

Last edited:
Well, in terms of success, maybe you're right. I can comfortably say that it isn't everything to me. Sony's attitudes and policies over the last few years are the main reasons I haven't bought a PS5 or the PS5 Spider-Man games I am dying to play. Maybe I'm the minority, but I can't be the only one who has been turned off of Sony as of late.

On the scale though, games weigh heavy compared to other things. Nintendo are bad at everything except making good games Ultimately that was all that was needed for me to buy a switch, even though I can't stand Nintendo's way of doing other things. Your definitely in the minority in that regard. Most people simply want to play their favorite games.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

How dare they! the audacity! MS is shit! I am cancelling my gold, disgusting.

did i do it right?
Uh plenty of people have been criticizing GWG, there’s like a thread every month for it. I would never pay for Gold by itself but as part of GPU it basically cost 3€/month.
You're comparing a service that costs $180 per year to one that's often on sale for $40 per year or less. That sure makes you look real smart :pie_eyeroll:.
GPU is the one that would cost 180 per year and includes XCloud and GamePass PC. Also you may be aware that there are ways to pay less than full price for GP.

LordCBH

Yeah this month fucking SUCKS for PS+. Was really wanting to play Godfall, but I want the game not a damn demo.

FunkMiller

Huh... Check the game info (right now) on my ps5 and it SPECIFICALLY says this:

"Experience the superior way to play the award-winning Mortal Shell. Uncompromised 60fps gameplay, 4K resolution, and ultra high-quality textures.

Upgrade for free. Witness your struggle in detail like never before."

So either I need to upgrade the PSN version or we'd have to pay for the PS5 version, cause it's 30fps and lower than 4K, for me.

I looked at the PC version yesterday, but I've been spending too much on things I don't need lately, so i opted for the PS+ version.

You can't upgrade the PS Plus version to the Ps5 version.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
How dare they! the audacity! MS is shit! I am cancelling my gold, disgusting.

did i do it right?

No, its just pointing out that GWG is MS' equivalent to PS+, not GamePass Ultimate.

Which is pretty important when judging value, especially at the start of a gen where offerings for the new platforms have to be drawn from a much shallower pool of titles.

FunkMiller

I wonder if it's an error and they will rectify, or the placement image used is an error, since this is on the PS Store dashboard on my PS5.

That's what makes it even worse. They haven't changed the artwork... but you definitely can't upgrade it!

Devs:

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
I wish online play was free I normally don't care for most Plus games.

Many people already moved onto COD F2P Warzone. If FIFA had a F2P online play then that would be it for Plus membership here in the UK for many casuals.

BreakOut

Maybe starving us is their way of making us jump to the new tier system as soon as it releases. Not gonna lie after December that idea looks better than it did last month. And the month before that.

Rival

Gold Member
They are giving you shit now so that when they launch their subscription service for more money people will pay extra to get actual decent games to play.

GymWolf

Sony and ubisoft trading blows for the worse company championship of 2021, you love to see it.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The fanboy comments in here.......I can't tell if they're real or parody comments.

If some of you aren't careful they'll nuke the gaming forum like they did with the political forum.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Maybe starving us is their way of making us jump to the new tier system as soon as it releases. Not gonna lie after December that idea looks better than it did last month. And the month before that.

Umm. if you're a PS4 only member, none of the complaints levelled at this month's offerings apply!

If you aren't on PS5 you can't add Godfall at all, same deal with a PS5 version of Mortal Shell were it offered.

Kinda funny how despite PS5's being so hard to come by, noone seems to be considering that its a mathematical impossibility for PS4 owners not to be the biggest target market for PS+. Same deal with the argument that PS5 owners are getting the short end of the stick whilst ignoring the stellar contents of the PS5 exclusive PS+ game collection.

Ever since Xbox became my main console I pretty much let PS Plus lapse. Sony doesn't have any super amazing exclusive online games, and PS Plus seems to have only a few good months of the year. The thing is Games with Gold on Xbox is even worse, they almost exclusively give out cheap indie games. The only thing GWG is good for is the old BC Xbox and 360 games which are sometimes pretty decent.

FunkMiller

Umm. if you're a PS4 only member, none of the complaints levelled at this month's offerings apply!

If you aren't on PS5 you can't add Godfall at all, same deal with a PS5 version of Mortal Shell were it offered.

Kinda funny how despite PS5's being so hard to come by, noone seems to be considering that its a mathematical impossibility for PS4 owners not to be the biggest target market for PS+. Same deal with the argument that PS5 owners are getting the short end of the stick whilst ignoring the stellar contents of the PS5 exclusive PS+ game collection.

All fair points. I’m coming at this from the perspective of a Ps5 owner. Nothing really for PS4 owners to complain about (aside from the selection being a little lacklustre).

Though I’d say the PS+ collection was a great thing for launch, but they’ve added nothing to it since, so most of the attraction it once had wore off long ago.

Topher

Gold Member
All fair points. I’m coming at this from the perspective of a Ps5 owner. Nothing really for PS4 owners to complain about (aside from the selection being a little lacklustre).

Though I’d say the PS+ collection was a great thing for launch, but they’ve added nothing to it since, so most of the attraction it once had wore off long ago.

I really don't understand the logic behind what Sony is doing here. If a game has a free upgrade to PS5 version then how in the world are PS+ subscribers not getting the upgraded version? Makes no sense.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I really don't understand the logic behind what Sony is doing here. If a game has a free upgrade to PS5 version then how in the world are PS+ subscribers not getting the upgraded version? Makes no sense.
Someone should tweet and ask the developer themselves. It's like what? 4 guys? And they seem to respond.

Vol5

All of a sudden Godfall is a AAA must-play and demands to be sampled in it's full, truest form...

The entitlement is strong. Yeah, a poor month (although I will certainly try Mortal Shell), but oh how poor the memories are of some folk. Plus has been giving away free games for 10 years (assuming you keep the sub running). Half of my library on PS3 / PS4 are from Plus. Why it get's shit from people is beyond me.

bender

What time is it?

I'd guess it is a restriction from the developer/publisher. We'll give you the old version but not the new version as the new version is more likely to sell.

Top Bottom