• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A great big f**k you to Sony for this month's PS Plus line-up...

FunkMiller

Gold Member
...I mean, come the fuck on.

Godfall for free. Only it's not actually the whole game, it's only a bloody demo, with all of the story missions completely cut out, other than the tutorial.

Mortal Shell for free. Only it's the Ps4 version, and they've blocked you from upgrading to the 60fps 4k Ps5 version.

You greedy, stingy bastards, Sony :ROFLMAO:

I played Godfall a bit last night and it was absolute fucking trash. Mortal Shell looks like it could be alright but it didn't make a good first impression in the opening areas.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
How do you guys get the PS4 version of Mortal Shell while Gamepass gets the Series X version?

That's the especially annoying bit. I downloaded the game to my PC to play at 60fps, but figured I'd have a go on the Playstation as well, as wanted to play the game on my big ass TV. No fucking dice. It's like they're actively seeking the poor comparison. SMH.

Last edited:

Kilau

Oh No Surprise GIF by TT Games

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
To be fair i think you can only matchmake at the end or level 50 for godfall

Correct. The campaign is just. . .there. Going through it is like going through all ARPG's. . .you just want to get to the endgame. So they gave the endgame. I'm sure the complaints about Godfall if it were the full game would NOT be "Ugh, the campaign is so boring. . .I just want to do endgame."

Nautilus

Banned
I mean, it really is a bad month, but cursing Sony because of it.

I hate costumers because of this excessive entitelment. If you don't like the service, then don't pay for it.

Agent X

How do you guys get the PS4 version of Mortal Shell while Gamepass gets the Series X version?

I assume that's all Sony bothered to license.

If you look at how Sony has handled PS Plus games over the last 13 months, it's somewhat inconsistent. For games that have both PS4 and PS5 versions, sometimes you get only the PS4 version, sometimes only the PS5 version, and sometimes both.

This is a far cry from how it used to be a few years ago, when they were still offering PS3 and PS Vita games in addition to PS4 games. During that period, if a game was cross-buy between two or three of those systems, you always got all of the versions.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I mean, it really is a bad month, but cursing Sony because of it.

I hate costumers because of this excessive entitelment. If you don't like the service, then don't pay for it.

"Video games company does a bad job, but don't criticise them for it please" is some real smooth brain energy there, my friend.

Paying for a subscription service that advertises full, free games per month, only for one of those games to be a demo, is entirely worthy of criticism, don't you think?

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
...I mean, come the fuck on.

Godfall for free. Only it's not actually the whole game, it's only a bloody demo, with all of the story missions completely cut out, other than the tutorial.

Mortal Shell for free. Only it's the Ps4 version, and they've blocked you from upgrading to the 60fps 4k Ps5 version.

You greedy, stingy bastards, Sony :ROFLMAO:
lol I knew about Godfall, but Mortal Shell being PS4 only is classic Sony. My goodness. Worst company of 2021 for sure. Just one bad news after another all year long. Us Sony fans are like battered wives at this point.

its an afterthought to sony as most subs are the fifa/cod crowd to play online. they really do seem to be coasting these days. they will always have qaulity software but they are starting to feel like late ps2 era sony again. the brand is so big it sells itself and no extra effort is needed. no need to go the extra mile. they are even starting to take notes from nintendo too!!

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Complaining about freebies? if you want games go with psn now, psn+ is for online play

It's not free, and Sony's primary rival is absolutely killing it with their subscription option. I only use GamePass on PC and have a PS5, but anyone thinking Microsoft isn't killing it with GP right now is delusional. Sony needs to answer back with something better than this shit.

Top Bottom