• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A great big f**k you to Sony for this month's PS Plus line-up...

manfestival

Godfall free on Epic soon and Mortal Shell is already on gamepass PC. I guess I will pick up The Lego game on PS+ this month.

I blame those damn green rats!!!!!
mister-america-1-1024x576.jpg

Nautilus

Banned
"Video games company does a bad job, but don't criticise them for it please" is some real smooth brain energy there, my friend.

Paying for a subscription service that advertises full, free games per month, only for one of those games to be a demo, is entirely worthy of criticism, don't you think?
Oh it is.Don't get me wrong, anything is worthy of criticism, regardless if you are paying or not.

But one thing is to criticize, another is to act like this. Assuming the company fulfills their part, the company owns you nothing. If you feel like the service isn't worth your money, then stop paying it. Don't start calling names or complain as if Sony stole your lunch money.

I work with sales and its infuriating when costumers think they deserve twice the ammount of stuff that they actually payed for. I know this is more of a personal thing, but that kind of entitelment pisses me off a little.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
"Video games company does a bad job, but don't criticise them for it please" is some real smooth brain energy there, my friend.

Paying for a subscription service that advertises full, free games per month, only for one of those games to be a demo, is entirely worthy of criticism, don't you think?

Calling PS+ a "Game subscription service. . ." is like calling a car a "grocery conveyance device. . ." PS Plus - regardless of its origins - is now an online access pass, with a few games tossed in each month to soften the blow.

. . .and having said that, if you didn't get your full 60 dollars worth in free games this year with what they gave out, then I don't know what to tell you.

If you feel like the service isn't worth your money, then stop paying it. Don't start calling names or complain as if Sony stole your lunch money.

Exactly. We know what these games are going to be before the next month, so if a person is TRULY using PS Plus as a means to build their game collection, they can easily cancel their sub for that month and then restart the next. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Oh it is.Don't get me wrong, anything is worthy of criticism, regardless if you are paying or not.

But one thing is to criticize, another is to act like this. Assuming the company fulfills their part, the company owns you nothing. If you feel like the service isn't worth your money, then stop paying it. Don't start calling names or complain as if Sony stole your lunch money.

I work with sales and its infuriating when costumers think they deserve twice the ammount of stuff that they actually payed for. I know this is more of a personal thing, that kind of entitelment isses me off a little.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

The company quite clearly aren't fulfilling their part. PS Plus is advertised as a service to Playstation fans that provides free, full games to its subscribers on a monthly basis. They have not fulfilled this with the Godfall demo.

And you may work with sales... but I work in PR, and can promise you that there's nothing worse than the perception of a company not providing the service it promised. It's not entitlement on the part of the consumer to expect the service they have been offered in exchange for their money. If you don't understand that, maybe sales isn't for you.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Godfall for free. Only it's not actually the whole game, it's only a bloody demo, with all of the story missions completely cut out, other than the tutorial.
Really the endgame is the best part of Godfall. They spared you a repetitive grind.

FunkMiller

Really the endgame is the best part of Godfall. They spared you a repetitive grind.

Quite possibly, but it's still stingy as fuck to throw a compromised version of a game out there, regardless of quality.

As is preventing Ps5 players from downloading an enhanced version of another game... when the enhancement was offered completely free previously.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
PS+ hasn't been good in years. More fool you if you're still subscribed at this point.

TrueLegend

Months ago I was once banned for a week for console warring for criticizing PS+ offering of that month in less than 5 words and my post was deleted because I am pretty sure even the mod realized that he jumped the gun on me too fast. SO I am simply gonna put it this way, "Things need to change for better in this service. They dont need to offer many games just offer two really good ones even if it is old like Sleeping Dogs compared to something like Godawful. Man this game is utilizing the holiday time window to its maximum. They also cashed so much launching along side PS5 last year close to holiday season. "

Aion002

I don't remember the last time that I enjoyed a PS Plus game or even actually used the damn thing, since lately the only online games that I keep playing are Genshin and Smite on ps4, which are f2p and don't need the subscription.

Also, every game I want I end up buying and Game Pass keeps me entertained with new stuff almost weekly.

After I get the Elden Ring plat, I will probably just cancel my subscription.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
They wont even let me pay for the PS5 upgrade for uncharted 4 thats in the ps collection.

I9buzpx.gif

Last edited:

Kupfer

I'm not even gonna to redeem Godfall. Won't play it my whole life. Let Sony see you are not interested in such games by not redeeming games you won't play.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If you notice, Sony usually has a really strong month around October/ November to entice all those yearly subs. Then it goes shit again lol.

How do you guys get the PS4 version of Mortal Shell while Gamepass gets the Series X version?
Um, PS+ is $60 a year. GamePass is $180 a year?

Shouldn't we be comparing PS+ to GwG and GamePass to PS Now?

Of course I say that, but PS+ got the PS5 Ultimate version of Control while GamePass got the Xbox One version. These things are never a 1 to 1 comparison.

Last edited:

Salz01

Sony has been kind of shit all around this year. If it wasn’t for Insomniac saving their asses I’d probably be primarily on PC where I don’t get charged to play online games….

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I personally don't pay for plus for the games, just the online. If they offer a game that I find interesting, that's a bonus for me personally. That being said, I will forever be bitter about Microsoft's success at normalizing what should be free functionality as paywall services. Even still, the games you get as a plus subscriber are not insignificant. If you only subbed over the last year on PS5 you would get:

7y86sUp.jpg
0Ds26Qt.jpg

And this doesn't cover the 5 or 6 additional games you can play if you also have PSVR.

Something like 60+ games. At least a few of which are worth playing.

I see a lot of shit flinging based on the Gamepass service and I also saw people rightly pointing out that PS+ should only be compared to GWG on Xbox.

Microsoft gave away 49 free Games with Gold games throughout 2021, with two Xbox 360 games and two Xbox One titles each month, plus a bonus Xbox Series X game in February. There were many instances where fans weren't happy about the Xbox free Games with Gold, but the service still offered undeniable value, and as long as one played at least a handful of the free games, they definitely got their money's worth.

Honestly they seem about equal to me. I look forward to the hate post about GWG for December:
7OzGjMh.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is this hyperbole of the year?

Get over it and enjoy the holidays. Good grief.

I can come with you but to the temper tantrum level high school "I wish I was never born/I'm going to my room" slam the door level I cannot.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

I second this thread. I enjoyed godfall. Sold it after I beat it knowing it would be on ps plus eventually. Saw that it’s only a select mode, what a crock of shit

Quantum253

PS Plus has always been a ripoff. PS consoles are for single player only in my mind.
That's why I purchased my PS3 after moving from Ps2 to Xbox. I had Xbox360 for online and multiplayer and PS3 for Bluray and the single-player/exclusive/back compat experiences. Of course, had the Wii for Nintendo for single-player Nintendo exclusives (PSWii60).
Originally PS+ was a great deal since it was cheap, you got free games and discounts since multilayer was free. Also, no other console allowed access to full games for a low annual price (GameFly was still a great option too). Now it's starting to get stale, but they have some good games here and there.
Also, with cross-platform online play, and only really down to very few console exclusives (non PC editions) it makes wanting to own multiple consoles obsolete outside of your choice of Nintendo then whatever console specs you like more

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just saying. I don't particularly give a toss about any of them which is why I find it somewhat weird that people are fixating on the 2 titles to the extent that the third one might as well not exist!
Personally, I don't care about any of them on here. So I will skip a month and my backlog would thank me.

I would have Mortal Shell, but it's not the PS5 version and that is a publisher/developer thing from what I read, even though both versions cost the same. Ah well.

I skipped many a months, and skip games plenty. I don't want to clog the digital catalog with things I will never play.

graywolf323

Just saying. I don't particularly give a toss about any of them which is why I find it somewhat weird that people are fixating on the 2 titles to the extent that the third one might as well not exist!
it doesn't fit the narrative so it's ignored

on the topic at hand yeah this is disappointing on the two games in question but it's up to the publisher's, others have allowed for the PS5 version upgrade to be given to PS+ subscribers

Godfall sounds like a mess altogether & this is obviously Gearbox being shitty

i'll try that lego game. and get bored of it after 10 mins like every other lego game.

don't forget when they gave us Final Fantasy 7 remake. But then don't let u get the PS5 patch for it with the plus version

skit_data

I actually thought it was decent until I saw they blocked off the free PS5 upgrade of Mortal Shell.

They gotta do better with PS+, it’s been sort of a joke the last year.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I actually thought it was decent until I saw they blocked off the free PS5 upgrade of Mortal Shell.

They gotta do better with PS+, it’s been sort of a joke the last year.
Isnt Mortal Shell that game that was made by a 4 person team? They added the dualsense and 4k 60 fps patches for free too. Crazy how Sony cheaped out of paying them for the better version. How much could they realistically be asking for? A million? two million? They have like 45 million PS+ subscribers. lol

AndrewRyan

PS+ is the main reason I'm still a Sony customer, so them nerfing its games is moving in the wrong direction. I've switched to PC as my primary platform but still bought a PS5, and PS4 to a lesser extent, mostly for my huge backlog of PS+ games.

With their price hikes, nickel & diming, nerfing, and now their games (eventually) coming to PC, PS5 may be my last console.

Top Bottom