• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan rumour on upcoming Xbox events and new game reveals

Fun Fanboy

Banned
People make fun of him all the time. You cant get more fanboy than him. He has 0 contacts in the industry. Hes jus a xbox cheerleader. No forum ever would endorse anything that clown says or does.
Really? Has zero contacts in the industry? You don't know shit about tim then.

And yes, that 4chan does match a lot of stuff he's heard. Should be a great generation of gaming coming up for the Xbox. They're full steam ahead.

Also.. LMAO at all the post melting down over Tim Dog. He's your video game Trump. Living rent free in all your heads. Good lord.

Last edited:

Major_Key

perm warning for starting troll/bait threads
Yeah, I mean... I expected all of those.

A Perfect Dark reboot from the Initiative that moves to 3rd person and imitates many of the Sony exclusives.
Will be a bit like this against the DiCaprio (Sony 1st party) (Bottom right is The Initiative project)

GQsJsgJ.jpg

Obsidian are gonna Obsidian.... Outerworlds on a bigger scale maybe.

Japanese game....who cares, it's one game and it won't sell on XBox, just like before.

History repeats itself.

lol

If The initiative make better Gameplay & Game design than Sony first Party it's already going to be a good point for MS.

Tired of seeing these Sony OW games just to be OW and have that classic skill tree

Last edited:

JLMC469

Banned
I think Halo should follow God Of War’s blueprint. Explorable spaces that actually add to the narrative, lore and give meaningful rewards.

ND butchered this on UC4 by “padding in” open spaces that added nothing.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Ive long held the belief that the xbox fandom at this point in time is a cult. Go into that xbox thread, read the replies, tell me im wrong.

Say your a Japanese developer. Almost 90 percent of your sales come from either switch or playstation, maybe a little less if PC is thrown in the mix. Now say Microsoft comes along begging for a deal, willing to fund the whole project and then some. Not a bad deal, until you realize your alienating a good 75-80 percent of your real fans, not xbox fan boys on a message board with an agenda, but actual fans who spend their money on sequel after sequel. These publishers saw what happened when they made a deal with the devil back in the 360 days. The game bombed domestically and sales overseas barely made up the difference and thats with a year and half head start and significant price advantage for the 360..

With all that being said, which Japanese publisher is willing to take that gamble? Which publisher is going to say, "you know what? Our newest game that just received record sales on the PS4 or switch really should go on the platform that has 1 percent market share domestically and is getting outsold 3:1 worldwide from the ps4." Who takes that gamble? Whose that desperate. Serious question.
With what I have seen Reee does not represent the Xbox fandom in any way, but just pretend to be one. Ask a genuine Xbox fan if he wants Microsoft to milk Gears franchise, he will say no(we even had a genuine Gears fan few posts ago saying they would should stop at Gears 6).

Regarding Japanese fans, I dont think they are interested in partnering with studios with popular PlayStation fanbase. There are Experience and Qute who make exclusives for Xbox One just to support them. If you go to Itagaki's facebook page, most of the replies are Xbox fans. Swery65 is also willing to support Xbox. There is also Mistwalker and Grounding. So, there are some devs that would partner with Xbox.

Genx3

People make fun of him all the time. You cant get more fanboy than him. He has 0 contacts in the industry. Hes jus a xbox cheerleader. No forum ever would endorse anything that clown says or does.
False
Tim does have industry contacts with Xbox People. He is more of an insider than the majority of the verified insiders that were in here spewing bs specs for the PS5.
The difference between Tim Dog and someone like Jason Schreier is that TD is an unapologetic Xbox fanboy while Jason Schreier is a toxic PS fanboy that tries to relay himself as an unbiased source of information all the while spewing baseless bs about the PS and XB. Big difference in the way they roll.

Lmao timdog and klobrille as "sources".

At what point will Xbox learn to distance themselves from toxic Fanboys like them?
Both have inside sources.
Klobrille is far from a toxic fanboy.
Tim Dog is an unapologetic fanboy but doesn't try to hide it like many others.

Remember how this very place ate up "confirmations" of 12+ TF PS5's and February reveals? I think TimDog has a better track record than those "insiders".
Yup
None of those guys were actually insiders but a real insider comes in here and they start attacking him.

Dane

With what I have seen Reee does not represent the Xbox fandom in any way, but just pretend to be one. Ask a genuine Xbox fan if he wants Microsoft to milk Gears franchise, he will say no(we even had a genuine Gears fan few posts ago saying they would should stop at Gears 6).

Regarding Japanese fans, I dont think they are interested in partnering with studios with popular PlayStation fanbase. There are Experience and Qute who make exclusives for Xbox One just to support them. If you go to Itagaki's facebook page, most of the replies are Xbox fans. Swery65 is also willing to support Xbox. There is also Mistwalker and Grounding. So, there are some devs that would partner with Xbox.

That place is a shitshow, but also i've heard many stories that they act in a console war

Ive long held the belief that the xbox fandom at this point in time is a cult. Go into that xbox thread, read the replies, tell me im wrong.

Say your a Japanese developer. Almost 90 percent of your sales come from either switch or playstation, maybe a little less if PC is thrown in the mix. Now say Microsoft comes along begging for a deal, willing to fund the whole project and then some. Not a bad deal, until you realize your alienating a good 75-80 percent of your real fans, not xbox fan boys on a message board with an agenda, but actual fans who spend their money on sequel after sequel. These publishers saw what happened when they made a deal with the devil back in the 360 days. The game bombed domestically and sales overseas barely made up the difference and thats with a year and half head start and significant price advantage for the 360..

With all that being said, which Japanese publisher is willing to take that gamble? Which publisher is going to say, "you know what? Our newest game that just received record sales on the PS4 or switch really should go on the platform that has 1 percent market share domestically and is getting outsold 3:1 worldwide from the ps4." Who takes that gamble? Whose that desperate. Serious question.

"made a deal with the devil "

If Microsoft wanted to be the real devil, they would have grabbed every stake from the Japanese whose games didn't reach 80+ as a collateral, because oh boy, lots of them didn't even get 75.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dabaus

Banned
That place is a shitshow, but also i've heard many stories that they act in a console war

"made a deal with the devil "

If Microsoft wanted to be the real devil, they would have grabbed every stake from the Japanese whose games didn't reach 80+ as a collateral, because oh boy, lots of them didn't even get 75.

Spoken like a true xbot. And this is the reason why i hope they stay a million miles away from anything xbox has going on next gen.

GHG

Defence force for Timdog and Klobrille? Never thought I'd see the day.

Timdog is... Well it's obvious at this point.

Klobrille is the Xbox cult (yes it's a Cult there, they're treated like a protected endangered species) leader over at Resetera.

Zero respect. This is just the evolution of Xbox legitimising the likes of Crapgamer so that they can do their bidding for them all over the Internet without needing to pay them (while giving these Fanboys false hope that one day they will actually get to work for their favourite corporation).

While the rumour might have some credence, these are not the people that should be referenced while assessing its legitimacy. At least the likes of the people at windows central get paid for their shilling.

I would rather XGS act as the publisher for another studio than to partner with another publisher.

That's fair. There are a lot of small teams out there that could benefit from an XGS publishing their titles. But I brought up SEGA in particular because of the rumors they were looking for a Japanese company to work with (if not purchase), and I don't think they would go for a small studio in that case given (IMHO) they need some strong Japanese AAA games in their catalog along with the Western AAA efforts.

SEGA just seems like a prime candidate there. Maybe they don't purchase them, but co-fund and publish some new installments in IP like Golden Axe or Shinobi. They could probably even buy some of the dormant IP SEGA are very likely never to return to, and have internal teams work with those or have those teams collab with SEGA teams on new installments for those. And it' snot like MS and SEGA don't have preexisting business relationships, which go as far back as the Dreamcast.

Really though it's more me wanting some other SEGA IP revived in a way they deserve and I don't think SEGA are in the means to do that at this time. Games like SOR, while I'm looking forward to them, honestly I think would be better served using something like the Yakuza engine, and advancing the game design forward in a big way. Maybe they'll consider that depending on how SOR4 is received. They could spin House of the Dead into a bigger style survival-horror action/adventure game kind of like Resident Evil, but perfectly incorporate the gunplay of the arcade games with some novel twists and even more depth. So far tho they only have Scarlet Dawn as an arcade exclusive.

Maybe partnering with MS would give them the financial freedom and confidence to be more bold with fan-favorite IP because I'd like to see them return to prominence in a way similar to Capcom's revitalization the past four or so years. And of course, XGS could still be a publisher for other studios. I wouldn't mind seeing them maybe taking on publishing duties of games that may otherwise have publishers in other regions but said publisher lacking the means to publish it in multiple places (like SEGA with PSO2).

Yeah I understand that in this case he is not trying to fight playstation but he has a history of bullshitting .That's why I'm not inclined to believe him.Klobrille has a real good track record for Xbox news with real connections which is something I can't say about timdog.
It is not about console war or anything for example I know klobrille is largely pro Xbox but damn if every fan of a console would act like him those console war thread would be way more peaceful and way less toxic.So I have no problem believing Klobrille for anything regarding Xbox.
Timdog seems just like the most toxic fanboy I've ever seen (there may be worse but I'm not here often enough to know another human being like him) and it seemed to me that he always claimed to have connections but none verified.

Beside can anyone explain to me that squirrel gif and how is it a confirmation because I really can't understand.

I know nothing of a squirrel gif and don't even want to try to know what it could mean xD.

Timdog seems to agitate a lot of people and I can understand why, but maybe it's because I don't keep up with their antics why I don't really get miffed with what they do. Outside of his appearance on certain streams every now and then I don't see them anywhere else, and I don't care much for drama on Twitter so there's that.

He hasn't posted here in a long time tbh, think he was banned? I don't really like ranking toxicity of fanboys but I'll just say PS side has their own version of Timdog (CrapGamer, imho, who is quite toxic) and both sides are going to have some people others might consider toxic. That'll never change. I don't generally care if Xbox, PS or even Nintendo fanboys/fangirls are being toxic if it's just general BS trolling because that just gets ignored by me. It's when they are "toxic" by coming off as otherwise well-mannered by spreading FUD and intentional misinformation about others that catches my attention, because that's more like a wolf in sheep's clothing, and potentially more dangerous in setting fake narratives that taint discussion across the board as they pick up steam.

Last edited:

Dory16

Banned
When TinDog and Klobrille "confirms" something we reached that point where fakes news are really take as official PR lol

BTW in early 2019 I predicted MS having a May event for console reveal and games shows at E3.
Coronavirus changed to all digital events but it is basically a given these ones.

Am I an reliable guy? Nope it is just that these "events" are too easy to predict.
Unreliable is also what's coming to mind, ethomaz

Fun Fanboy

Banned

Klobrille is the Xbox cult (yes it's a Cult there, they're treated like a protected endangered species) leader over at Resetera.

Zero respect. This is just the evolution of Xbox legitimising the likes of Crapgamer so that they can do their bidding for them all over the Internet without needing to pay them (while giving these Fanboys false hope that one day they will actually get to work for their favourite corporation).

While the rumour might have some credence, these are not the people that should be referenced while assessing its legitimacy. At least the likes of the people at windows central get paid for their shilling.
They don't need your respect.

And yep, just like the 4chan post. This is what Klob and Tim and Rand and Jez and a whole bunch in the know have heard.

ps... keep up with the fanboys man. Crap Gamer is a pony these days! pfffft!

He hasn't posted here in a long time tbh, think he was banned? I don't really like ranking toxicity of fanboys but I'll just say PS side has their own version of Timdog (CrapGamer, imho, who is quite toxic) and both sides are going to have some people others might consider toxic. That'll never change. I don't generally care if Xbox, PS or even Nintendo fanboys/fangirls are being toxic if it's just general BS trolling because that just gets ignored by me. It's when they are "toxic" by coming off as otherwise well-mannered by spreading FUD and intentional misinformation about others that catches my attention, because that's more like a wolf in sheep's clothing, and potentially more dangerous in setting fake narratives that taint discussion across the board as they pick up steam.
Pretty sure he was banned. I saw some of the DM's he was sending mods here. He knew the specs of Xbox and PS5, so he went out with a bang that way.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. He's like Howard Stern with the listeners. The people who like him, pay attention and listen to him for a couple ours. The people who hate him, pay attention to him and listen to him for 12 hours! They can't get enough!!! Too funny. :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
This sounds very interesting. But why May and June?
June because that's when E3 is normally happening, so they want everyone to show their games and what they have in the pipeline. As well as giving details on pricing.
Last time they did their full console release in May, but I'm not sure why they would even do the May event. The console has been released... We know the specs, the controller, etc. So I don't understand why they would summarize that in another event, you can only disappoint people because you can already imagine people saying that it was shit because there was nothing new.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
For the last year, I have listened to TimDog, Rand, Klobrille, Dealer and Jez and their track record in that time is literally 100% correct and factual. Can't wait for the May and June Xbox events. For Xbox info, I listen to all five of them.

For PlayStation info, I haven't followed anyone since the days of Shinobi and Colin who were quite honestly the last two credible PlayStation insiders. Hell, it's so bad now that a nobody like me has much more credible and accurate info. lmao.

Fun Fanboy

Banned
I was told many years ago by a friend that Perfect Dark was coming out for this Gens Xbox. The gen we're in. So I'm always weary of hearing more PD stuff. One day it'll be here I'm sure.

Color me cautiously optimistic, but confused by the two-even strategy.

I guess it can make sense if they do a "full" reveal in May that gives us the final console, pricing, and launch games. Follow that up with the "and beyond" lineup of games in June? Idk man.

Game-wise, I like what I'm hearing for first party. Now just make it so I don't need to wait 1 -3 years for Japanese game ports like Nier, Kingdom Hearts, Yakuza, etc...

Last edited:

CaptainClaw

Spoken like a true xbot. And this is the reason why i hope they stay a million miles away from anything xbox has going on next gen.
😂😂😂 this is too funny, more in the sense of how sad this fanboy stuff has become..."Spoken like a true xbot" you Couldn't actually have typed that and thought, yeah I hope they take this serious 😂😂😂 what is a true xbot anyway. There's some meme worthy posts honestly

Dane

Spoken like a true bot. (INB4: Sorry if anyone got offended, we use it as a very common abbreviation here)

hyperbertha

I can see potential in Perfect Dark rebooting as an immersive sim, a la Prey, Dishonored and to a lesser extent Deus Ex HR. But fable's gotta be what I'm most excited for, as long as they don't mess it up like 3.

DrAspirino

Banned
Yet everything is kind of uncertain now, considering that Sony of America is censoring even japanese titles, so if Xbox doesn't censor, maybe japanese developers could be atracted...or maybe not, and continue publishing their titles on PC master race.

In any case, situation right now is uncertain for all parties, and everyone is waiting for the one that makes the first move to support or antagonize it.

Yet everything is kind of uncertain now, considering that Sony of America is censoring even japanese titles, so if Xbox doesn't censor, maybe japanese developers could be atracted...or maybe not, and continue publishing their titles on PC master race.

In any case, situation right now is uncertain for all parties, and everyone is waiting for the one that makes the first move to support or antagonize it.

Yeah the censorship stuff has been irritating me for a while now, and it always seems to only swing one way with what gets censored (i.e anything that can appeal to "male heterosexual gaze"...which ironically also means anything that can appeal to the "female homosexual gaze" when you think about it). And those rumors with TLOU2's story basically being anti-Christian (maybe anti-religion?), that doesn't sit well with me, either.

But it's also a lot to do with how it's just the Japanese games apparently being targeted for censoring since they tend to prefer making more attractive female characters by default. Goes to the "ethics committees" BS too at Capcom and Square-Enix. Hopefully they ease up on it going forward but I strongly doubt it.

Man this thread went wild.

Was the current-gen launch like this?

Probably worst tbh xD

Last edited:

Dane

Dude accuses me of being an Xbot, I wonder if he knows about Sony censorship on third party games (DMC 5, Visual Novel games and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3) and Nintendo censorship on their exclusives (Tokyo Session Mirages Encore on every region was based on the censored western WiiU version). Money talks.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
That's fair. There are a lot of small teams out there that could benefit from an XGS publishing their titles. But I brought up SEGA in particular because of the rumors they were looking for a Japanese company to work with (if not purchase), and I don't think they would go for a small studio in that case given (IMHO) they need some strong Japanese AAA games in their catalog along with the Western AAA efforts.

SEGA just seems like a prime candidate there. Maybe they don't purchase them, but co-fund and publish some new installments in IP like Golden Axe or Shinobi. They could probably even buy some of the dormant IP SEGA are very likely never to return to, and have internal teams work with those or have those teams collab with SEGA teams on new installments for those. And it' snot like MS and SEGA don't have preexisting business relationships, which go as far back as the Dreamcast.

Really though it's more me wanting some other SEGA IP revived in a way they deserve and I don't think SEGA are in the means to do that at this time. Games like SOR, while I'm looking forward to them, honestly I think would be better served using something like the Yakuza engine, and advancing the game design forward in a big way. Maybe they'll consider that depending on how SOR4 is received. They could spin House of the Dead into a bigger style survival-horror action/adventure game kind of like Resident Evil, but perfectly incorporate the gunplay of the arcade games with some novel twists and even more depth. So far tho they only have Scarlet Dawn as an arcade exclusive.

Maybe partnering with MS would give them the financial freedom and confidence to be more bold with fan-favorite IP because I'd like to see them return to prominence in a way similar to Capcom's revitalization the past four or so years. And of course, XGS could still be a publisher for other studios. I wouldn't mind seeing them maybe taking on publishing duties of games that may otherwise have publishers in other regions but said publisher lacking the means to publish it in multiple places (like SEGA with PSO2).

I know nothing of a squirrel gif and don't even want to try to know what it could mean xD.

Timdog seems to agitate a lot of people and I can understand why, but maybe it's because I don't keep up with their antics why I don't really get miffed with what they do. Outside of his appearance on certain streams every now and then I don't see them anywhere else, and I don't care much for drama on Twitter so there's that.

I totally agree with you and I don't trust any fanboy or toxic people or reply to them mostly because it will never lead to anything constructive.
And I just checked yeah crapgamer seems pretty toxic too but I heard stories about Timdog harrassing people willing to buy a sony console in store.So yeah I wouldn't never trust him.
So yeah believe me timdog is a big no (crapgamer too now) but I really like technical discussions that can be found here or on era.
Sadly it often derails because of fanboy of either side and it becomes impossible to have a constructive and informative discussion.
But unfortunately a lot of people are too manichean and see things in either black or white.I tend to view things in nuances of grey and seeing some good in either console here leads to war which I understand I was probably like that as a teenager.But some people need validation on their choices of product/brand.
One thing I remember was me talking about BOTW and not liking it I think it's a great game but not what I wanted for a zelda and got gutted.I still to this day don't understand why some people attack you for saying that the game they like is great but not to my taste.

I feel that's a problem with us gaming enthusiats I've not seen that level of anger in music or cinema but that's what I see in sports.Excepts that in sport there's some much teams and sports that it get dillued whereas there's 6 sides in gaming so more people and statistically more toxic people.

Ristifer

I've heard Perfect Dark thrown around numerous times over the years. I still don't believe anything with that IP is in the works, but would love to be proven wrong.

Dane

IMO, I doubt they will buy Sega, its not just about the cash, but its operational complexity, its like putting the Xbox division into a whole new category overnight and I think it's too much for the current staff to handle. Sega would likely remain unaltered (like Mojang), with all their games still being multiplatform, including the Playstation and Switch exclusives. Also keep in mind that Sega is actually from a holding called SegaSammy, which also develops hardwares for arcades and Pachinko, Microsoft is complete alien to the later.

Timdog was banned when he did a shitstorm.

Last edited:

Pallas

If Halo plans on being open world, I’m wondering if we will get a Witcher 3/TES open world or a Destiny Shared world.

Uh.. spoken like a true Sony fanboy? Or was it Sony Pony? Not sure who came up with this shit. I’m not sure why Xbox having Japanese exclusives is a bad thing for you, or anyone of the Sony faithful.

Right just like the tons of pseudo insiders(looking at OsirisBlack OsirisBlack ) On here preaching that the PS5 was going to be stronger, more powerful, doesn’t reek of cult syndrome. Shit both sides got fanatical, creepy cultists. Though I will say Klob has been mostly right about the studio acquisitions.

Xbox fans aren’t the only batshit, plastic worshipping insane fans around. You only have to glimpse at twitter when it was discovered Horizon Zero Dawn was coming to the PC and even on here some were upset about it lol.

Genx3

OMG Halo RPG would be something

I think MS really dropped the ball with this one.
The Halo Universe would be great for an RPG setting.
Imagine the Coalition doing a Halo 1st person shooter then after completing that switching off to a Halo RPG.

Top Bottom