• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan rumour on upcoming Xbox events and new game reveals

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
That's funny thing about the past month since Cerny's show.

Ever since it was revealed at 10.3tf with 36CU (which let's face it, anyone leaking a next gen system with only 36CU and getting it right deserves brownie points right off the bat), PS fans just don't want to admit the whole time Oberon is basically PS5 without the gpu upclock.

Technically, the github is wrong, but pretty darn close. Yet you got endless naysayers downplaying it even after the reveal.

95% of insiders weren't even close as most said 12-13TF and some others even tossed in PS1-PS3 BC.

Yet, few forum fans seemed to have to balls to call them out. They just ignore it and quietly let them off the hook, as most of the insiders bailed ship anyway or have been on the down low.

Matt the Reee Mod was totally off too, yet I don't think one person called him out. Who cares if he's a mod, call him out. The guy who downplayed github and thread lockable discussion, yet github was actually closer to the final product than any insider claiming 12-13TF with 50-60 CU and full BC.

Figure that one out.

Yeah, the fake PlayStation insiders never get called out for being wrong but if that was Xbox insiders, it would never end.

Yeah, they’re definitely not bad to listen to, especially if you’re going Xbox next gen, as I am. Sony is just messing up too much with BC and hasn’t been treating Socom right.

plus I love the halo series

Agreed. Halo Infinite will be the first Halo game that I play. Looking forward to it.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot PS doesn't do any sequels ....

Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, Uncharted 4, Uncharted Handheld, Uncharted Standalone Expansion, The The last of Us Last of Us Behind DLC, The last of us 2, God of War, God of War 2, God of War 3, God of War Reboot/GoW, God of War Chain of Olympus, Gods of War Ghost of Sparta, Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo 2, Gran Turismo 3, Gran Tursmo 4, Gran Turismo 5, Gran Turismo 6, Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet and Clank, Ratchet and Clank 2, Ratchet and Clank 3, Ratchet and Clank (PS3), Ratchet and Clank (PS4)

You forgot infamous, Killzone and im probably missing a few.

CaptainClaw

I have wasted zero.zero time thinking or playing anything from MS for 10 yrs but let me guess:

Another Forza, gears, Halo, Fable, remakes of PD and anything else they can redo. Also an update to Sea of Thieves, new SoD 3, We Happy few 2, and any other sequel they can rehash. I could be wrong, but doubtful. Dang did that without ever wasting my life being a corp slave.
Lol you seemed okay with Bard Tales 4 (if I can count correctly that's 4 different Installments)

You also thought BF1 was a great game which if I'm correct is the 10th BF game no?

Oh yeah You also said you'd love to see another KZ game but if I'm not mistaken there's already been 6 of those

You stated Surge 2 was one of your favourite games I believe...but I also believe any 2nd game in a series counts as a "sequel"

Hmm ...Your issue I see isn't with the number of games being made, just that these games aren't your cup of tea and never will be. Could be wrong, but doubtful.

Press F for new idea amirite ;)

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
For the life of me, I’ll never understand how people whine about Halo sequels. Each game’s MP is distinct and is some of the best MP around (excluding 4 of course). Even if you’re sick of the campaigns, it has countless hours of fun and variety in the online MP department.

To this day, there’s nothing like it’s MP. From the wonderful times of 8v8 in Valhalla and Sandtrap, to well balanced games on Lockout and Midship to the amazing stuff possible in Forge World. It’s a great time and has aged well.

Dory16

Banned
Since I got banned from ResetEra for saying this, I will say this here. Gears is not iconic. 7 months in and for a game with multiplayer component it is #30+ in most regions in the store. They put it in steam in and no one cared(compare that with MCC steam release). Coalition should focus on a new IP. Keep Gears Tactics but end the main series. I hope them putting it on Steam is an indication of them realizing the franchise is not that important anymore(usually they put older stuffs like MCC,Killer Instinct and now Sea of theives to advertie, but if its in launch like Ori, it means the franchise will end soon).
There are some rumors about another project in Coalition and I hope its Perfect Dark. I hope they focus on stuffs like Perfect Dark and MechAsault(let me dream for gods sake) in future.
Gears 5 is objectively the best game to come out on Xbox this generation. No, they should not end the series. Xbox just needs variety. Keep Halo, Gears and Forza coming. But space them out with at least 4 new ips of the same caliber in other genres next gen.

abcdrstuv

Banned
Bethesda intentionally went out of their way to make sure that Obisidain didnt get a review bonus for New Vegas.

Why on earth would Bethesda re-release the game and risk re-igniting that bit of tinder?

Time has gone by, if it's good business for everyone involved, isn't that a prime opportunity for hatchet-burying?

Time has gone by, if it's good business for everyone involved, isn't that a prime opportunity for hatchet-burying?

I'll bury the hatchet when both of those studios stop releasing broken and incomplete games.

Top it off with what Beth did to Human Head Studios...im done with them.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Gears 5 is objectively the best game to come out on Xbox this generation. No, they should not end the series. Xbox just needs variety. Keep Halo, Gears and Forza coming. But space them out with at least 4 new ips of the same caliber in other genres next gen.
Gears need to end. Its gameplay is dated. Was a good technical showcase in 360 days but not now.

Gears need to end. Its gameplay is dated. Was a good technical showcase in 360 days but not now.

I enjoyed gears for what it was when it came out, but I was tired of the gameplay mechanics by the end of the first one. I despise that the rest of the gaming industry copied the template. So many game would have been much better as FPS.

It's one of the best games to come from Xbox EVER. It's that fucking good. I view any calls for it to end right when the franchise is better and more exciting than it's ever been as a complete and utter fucking joke, that no one should take seriously.

Gears has been fucking elevated after that incredible ass campaign. Everything, even the storytelling, was way better.

Name a better 3rd person shooter this gen.

Honestly, Gears is up there. It officially hit Uncharted quality for me with Gears 5. I never thought it was much anything special after the first game. Gears 5 made me a believer and excited for the franchise in a way I've never been.

I would personally put Control and Quantum Break up there.

Bernkastel

Honestly, Gears is up there. It officially hit Uncharted quality for me with Gears 5. I never thought it was much anything special after the first game. Gears 5 made me a believer and excited for the franchise in a way I've never been.

I would personally put Control and Quantum Break up there.
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

ZywyPL

Banned
360+PS3>PS4

kind of miss mp experience like halo/gear of war, I like PS exclusive but most of them are too serious and lack of mp lol with game pass I might start next gen with Xbox first,

Fully agree, the growing focus on online gameplay back in PS360 era was infinite times better than everything current-gen brought. Just when the consoles opened up to the world, they immediately did a 180 turn once this gen started and now it seems everyone just wants to isolate themselves and play their games completely alone, with everyone muted etc. But then again, in modern times where every wimpy pussy is "offended" by everything I'm not surprised at all no one wants to play with random strangers from the internet anymore, let alone talk to them. I mean, this video is pretty much spot on:

Grinchy

Banned
Fully agree, the growing focus on online gameplay back in PS360 era was infinite times better than everything current-gen brought. Just when the consoles opened up to the world, they immediately did a 180 turn once this gen started and now it seems everyone just wants to isolate themselves and play their games completely alone, with everyone muted etc. But then again, in modern times where every wimpy pussy is "offended" by everything I'm not surprised at all no one wants to play with random strangers from the internet anymore, let alone talk to them. I mean, this video is pretty much spot on:

This is why I used to turn on my bluetooth mic from Socom Confrontation, put it on mute, and set it on a shelf behind me. I could never understand why the earlier COD games didn't let you mute the whole lobby. As bad as the clips are in that video, they don't even include how bad the mic quality could get from people with shitty mics blasting garbled music and shit.

Reactions: Isa

Bernkastel

Given that you are asking for the series to end without being able to name a single clearly better game in the genre this generation, the disappointment is all mine.
Control, Resident Evil and from what I have seen - Uncharted.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
It's one of the best games to come from Xbox EVER. It's that fucking good. I view any calls for it to end right when the franchise is better and more exciting than it's ever been as a complete and utter fucking joke, that no one should take seriously.

Gears has been fucking elevated after that incredible ass campaign. Everything, even the storytelling, was way better.
It was still boring AF.

Dory16

Banned
Control, Resident Evil and from what I have seen - Uncharted.
Only Uncharted is arguably better (whether it's metacritic or word on the street) and it's not a shooter. Bit of a weak case for a series that you are proposing to end.
There's a lot more games out there that deserve to be canned before Gears, sorry.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Uncharted needs to end. Especially when you realize ND actually borrowed heavily from Gears (they admitted as much) and doesn't share the same longevity as Gears in the MP space.

Some of you guys are just fantastically mind blowing with some of the shit you say. Smh

Bernkastel

Uncharted needs to end. Especially when you realize ND actually borrowed heavily from Gears (they admitted as much) and doesn't share the same longevity as Gears in the MP space.

Some of you guys are just fantastically mind blowing with some of the shit you say. Smh
And Gears was inspired by Resident Evil. Unlike Uncharted, Gears failed to evolve, Coalition should do something new, they shouldnt lock themselves to Gears.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
And Gears was inspired by Resident Evil. Unlike Uncharted, Gears failed to evolve, Coalition should do something new, they shouldnt lock themselves to Gears.
There's no TPS like Gears on the market and it has a very dedicated fanbase that depends on its gameplay to largely stay the same. Especially when it comes to E sports.

If you aren't a fan of its gameplay, its probably best you find something else to play.

GymWolf

lol gears 5, i can't even managed to complete the second act because of how much bored i was, not that unchy4 is any better except for the graphics, animations and digital acting during cutscenes

the series needs an heavy overhaul, right now is like playing gears1 with shiny graphics and same-y animations and some dullest open world\sandboxy sections and with a problematic stronk woman instead of the joyfull dudebros stuff we had in gears 1 to 3 and partially 4.

i'm okay with both brands being cancelled to get something completely new.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
The Division 2 is a better third person cover based shooter than Gears 5 but Gears franchise is better than Uncharted franchise when it comes to this aspect. Story/characters can go either way. I like both but got tired of Drake and company after the third game where as with Gears, the main characters are for the most part gone after Gears 3. It's mostly new characters.

Gears 4/5/6 is part of a three game trilogy and I do want Gears 6 before a new IP. Let them conclude it and then give me a new IP. Then if they want to do Gears 7, then they can do so because it would be almost a decade after Gears 6. Of course, while I played Gears 1/2/3, it wasn't until Summer 2018 so maybe for me, im not tired of the series or anything.

No interest in either Forza even though I do believe Horizon is the best racing franchise in gaming because it's actually fun and enjoyable to play. As for Halo, Infinite will be the first Halo game I ever play so im very much looking forward to it. I think if anything, it's series/franchise fatigue for some as opposed to the games not be good or better.

Do I think that both The Coalition and 343 Industries should work on new IP's? Absolutely but not until after Gears 6 and of course, Halo Infinite which is obviously a given. To me, it's not how many games you have in a franchise but how much are they spread out and do they change enough/keep things interesting enough to keep playing them.

But that's all the standard stuff, im looking forward to seeing FABLE return from Playground, PERFECT DARK from The Initiative and Obsidian's new action RPG IP that's supposed to be their Skyrim. If the leaked photos are real, the game is going to be amazing. Can't wait to see all these games.

That is the main difference between Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 for me. I know Sony's exclusives are for the most part, excellent but I know what im getting. I know im getting sequels to all the PS4 exclusives which is great because I want them but I have already played them all where as with Xbox, outside of Gears, all of their franchises and upcoming next gen titles will be new for me so im much hyped and excited for the Xbox Series X exclusives than I am for PlayStation 5.

With that all said, next generation of gaming in general is going to be amazing and should easily surpass this generation overall.

Fun Fanboy

Banned
Next month is going to be interesting.

What's the deal with Timdog? Is he a plant, or just that sad?
Tim is what a lot of people on this site would actually like to be in terms of in the know with Xbox stuff. He goes to all the E3's. Is friends with Phil and Greenie and Qwik and all those guys. Gets invited to cool video game shows. Also, like me, a fanboy. If you're an Xbox fan and on twitter. You really enjoy him. If you're a PS person, you hate him. People hate him even more when he gets stuff right. He's also on some good gaming podcast. Of course, Xbox podcast, but nevertheless.

Tim is what a lot of people on this site would actually like to be in terms of in the know with Xbox stuff. He goes to all the E3's. Is friends with Phil and Greenie and Qwik and all those guys. Gets invited to cool video game shows. Also, like me, a fanboy. If you're an Xbox fan and on twitter. You really enjoy him. If you're a PS person, you hate him. People hate him even more when he gets stuff right. He's also on some good gaming podcast. Of course, Xbox podcast, but nevertheless.

A podcast that isn't a bunch of playstation haters, where they regularly criticize Microsoft's exclusive output and praise the hell out of the PS4's exclusive titles. They're gamers who just lean Xbox. It's an excellent podcast, but it probably won't be for everyone if they take offense to some light hearted jokes or commentary on playstation combined with lots of excitement and enthusiasm about Xbox.

It's a xbox fan podcast, but they aren't

Thavash

Don’t care if I get flamed , I enjoyed Halo 5 much more than Gears 5. With all it’s flaws I guess the universe is just better. I even did a legendary play through. I can’t remember anything of Geare 5 apart from the part on the ice.

Smoke6

I dunno why people are saying PS5 isn’t backwards compatible prior to ps4 as the presentation even suggested so as someone screenshotted it where all that room was left under where it stopped with PS4.

I just don’t see Sony not doing it in some compacity. I have a little hope they just left that out as it was just a presentation for devs!

quickwhips

I dunno why people are saying PS5 isn’t backwards compatible prior to ps4 as the presentation even suggested so as someone screenshotted it where all that room was left under where it stopped with PS4.

I just don’t see Sony not doing it in some compacity. I have a little hope they just left that out as it was just a presentation for devs!
People are hoping for that but nothing is announced so to assume that MHK was correct would be retarded as he is.

SleepDoctor

Banned

Who said its its not? Its been confirmed already its bc with ps4. Including 100 ps5 enhanced.

Genx3

he gets paid to shill
Do you have evidence Jez gets paid to shill or are you just making it up?

There are plenty of negative articles on Windows Central by Jez critiquing Xbox.

I wonder how much Microsoft paid for those negative articles.
I'm curious as to how much MS paid for the following negative article putting the PS5 controller in a good light while criticizing the XSX controller.

Windows Central
Also how much did MS pay for this positive PS4 comparison vs XB1?

Trying to compare timdog with jason?
Are you serious lol
Is this real life ha ha

Yes.
Tim Dog is just like Jason Schreier except he doesn't hide his allegiance under the cover of a reputable journalist.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Do you have evidence Jez gets paid to shill or are you just making it up?

There are plenty of negative articles on Windows Central by Jez critiquing Xbox.

I wonder how much Microsoft paid for those negative articles.

Yes.
Tim Dog is just like Jason Schreier except he doesn't hide his allegiance under the cover of a reputable journalist.
Whats jason allegiance?
That fuck you are talking about.
Wasnt jason who reported about nd crunch culture?

Timdog is a nobody xbox cheerleader period

Fun Fanboy

Banned
Whats jason allegiance?
That fuck you are talking about.
Wasnt jason who reported about nd crunch culture?

Timdog is a nobody xbox cheerleader period
A nobody that you seem to of heard of. It's all good. More rumors are sounding like they're going to be right. And he will be right again. Sometimes people are right, and sometimes wrong. Timmy gonna be right. Again!

Genx3

A nobody that you seem to of heard of. It's all good. More rumors are sounding like they're going to be right. And he will be right again. Sometimes people are right, and sometimes wrong. Timmy gonna be right. Again!

And Jason Schreier was totally wrong about PS5 before the official announcements.
Yet to him Jason the liar is worth defending but Tim Dog who was correct is a "no body".

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
yeah i have heard of him for comedy purpose.
when timmy was right before lol

And Jason Schreier was totally wrong about PS5 before the official announcements.
Yet to him Jason the liar is worth defending but Tim Dog who was correct is a "no body".

receipts

Last edited:
Top Bottom