• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4Chan Rumor: The Last of Us Part 2 is rumored to be a story of revenge...

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
This is the most obvious bait I've seen. I cant believe this made news. That anon is probably laughing his ass off.
Could be. Also could have some truth in it. If it weren’t for Troy Baker saying this game (TLOU2) will be particularly divisive, I wouldn’t lead any credence to it at all. But him saying that sort of lends this particular rumor more credit.

Wow I think this story has potential. i see why this could clearly just be an easy SJW cash crab but than again idk getting really attached to a character than killing them off in a realistic way like that has done wonders with movies and last of us is know for having a good plot... this is could be done right. Never plaid the first so the fuck do i know lol.

Last edited:

GiJoint

I remember a lot of people were pissed about it. If I'm not mistaken, even a Christian group petitioned to cancel the game. It was funny tho
Yeah not sure why either, FC5 is a game where you clear a fort with your bear pet then when you return to the NPC a cougar comes out of no where and attacks him or her.

Last edited:

McCheese

giant big budget, teensy little target demographic.

such a shame i have zero interest in the game after they spent so much time mathematically modelling the moistness of the characters underwear in real-time.

and how brave making Christians the villains, those guys are completely unhinged and will write you a stern letter of complaint.

it's not like there are other religions they could have used, which actually sentence homosexuals to death...

Last edited:
Far Cry 5 had a Christian cult as the villains.. they can’t be the first or only game to have done that

and a lot of video games are about killing white men.. not a lot of black Nazis..
Is it wrong to think he did nothing wrong?
I enjoyed far cry 5 but the ending really laid it all out that we were basically fucked anyway

Batiman

Banned
The rumoured main villain
KCopelandInsideEdition.jpg

If you think your group is off-limits and exempt from being depicted under an unfavourable light in a videogame, you need a good reason why the exemption doesn't apply to any other group out there.

If you take the depiction of your particular group under an unfavourable light in a videogame as an act of provocation, then, surely, you realize that any other gamer out there is entitled to taking the depiction of their group under an unfavourable light as an act of provocation against themselves as well.

If you think your group is entitled to positive representation in videogames, then you're implicitly recognizing the same right to other groups, notably, ethnic groups and sexual minorities. You are thus legitimizing the very concept you are rallying up against. You are legitimizing representation and all the recent uproar of parochial complaints that seems to accompany every single AAA release.

You cannot have it both ways.

xrnzaaas

Bait or not, TLoU 2 disappeared from my radar (and wishlist) sometime after the first official presentation and stayed there since then. Naughty Dog's actions remind me of what Dontnod has done with Life is Strange - after the first game which was pretty neutral for most part they turned the woke dial up to eleven.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I find the leaked story dumb as fuck and no way true. But you never know.

Maybe the delay has nothing to with coronavirus and selling games, but they are delaying it to rework the story and scripts.
i think it's too late to change the story.
you have to change literally the all game to change that, they already did all the cinematics, mo-cap with the actors etc.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Which is more likely, a virus that turns people into zombies or a homophobic Christian cult? One of those two scenarios is fairly common throughout history.

That's simply the way it is and has been. If you have a problem with people using elements of that in works of fiction then you probably need to go down to your library and have a good old-fashioned book burning.

There's practically no system of belief that a charismatic leader can't twist to create his (or her) own cult following.

Last edited:

GymWolf

one of the characters is supposed to be dead by the time she gets to seattle according to /v/, yet she is calling his name imlying he isnt dead yet In the gameplay.

& i think it is a videogame rule that you can have zombie fodder or cult fodder, but not both.
i don't think so.

the scene where ellie is calling dina during the snow walk with the horse is before the attack if that leak is right.
basically the seraphites attack ellie and dina in that famous house scene and at the same time they attack the city of jackson where the other survivors are.

not that i fully believe to that leak, but it seems pretty faithfull to what we see in the various trailer.

also days gone has basically the same plot with both zombies and religious\military nuts and the protagonist fight both at the same time during his mission.

docbot

Banned
it's a bit ironic that people complain so much about people that are just creating content based on their perspective of the world, it's in essence none of your business, don't buy the game if it's a problem for you. Don't complain about about liberals creating art and why they don't create art that confirms your view of the world (why should they?). Just go and create you're own great video games, films that submit to your view of the world. It's a bit like complaining "how can french people speak French and not English".

It's a Jewish liberal creating The Last of US 2, why the f**** would he create a game of what you deem right and he clearly doesn't. Don't get angry just because his content is better than yours.

Last edited:

Blood Borne

It's funny how Christians are always depicted as religious homophobes, yet there exists another religion where homosexuality is literally illegal and punished with death......
Absolutely.

That’s because they view everything through the prism of power. Christians are supposedly richer and powerful therefore they’re evil hence it’s open season on them, whereas Muslims are poor and oppressed therefore they’re moral and virtuous hence it’s sacrilegious to criticise them.

base

Banned
Over 70%+ of America is Christian, and only 3+ million are Muslim, where this game set again......?

Just enjoy stabbing Christian's and get over it
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Same bullshit. Because Christian are easy target. Because devs know it would end pretty bad if they had included Allah in the game.

Over 70%+ of America is Christian, and only 3+ million are Muslim, where this game set again......?

Just enjoy stabbing Christian's and get over it

Yes the game is set in America, but in the general sense of the industry, they would never make a game that features the other religions being portrayed this way.

Americans who eat this sjw crap up are like "God Bless America... "Thank you for your service" also "Fuck Christians"

Its like that series Vikings, throughout the entire series they went around destroying multiple churches (historically accurate obviously, im not arguing other wise) raping and pillaging but then when they get to the middle east, the show makes it so they walk into a moqsue and lop the head off of a worshipper, but then are quickly stopped by a another worshipper who uses the all mighty weapon of "Please dont do that". Thats as violent as it got in that portrayal of their time in the ME.

I think the incidents of Charlie Hebdo got the media to scared to speak bad of that faith.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

It worries me that they are setting the game as a one big PC agenda. That sort of thing can almost always cause backlash to an eventually IP destruction. Last Jedi was a fine example.

Geki-D

Banned
You really think that after global pandemic humanity would focus on insignificant stuff like sexual orientation?

hmm...

pinknews070420iii-1024x627.jpg
Nah. Impossible.

INC

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Same bullshit. Because Christian are easy target. Because devs know it would end pretty bad if they had included Allah in the game.

So you're saying that the 3 million would be the surviving force in America, that makes even less sense from a narrative PoV, that does sound like the devs would be making a statement about wanting to kill muslims if that was the case, because now you're saying muslims took over America after an apocalypse, for that to work story wise

As said before if this game was set in a country where the majority of people were Muslim it would make sense, but it's not, its American, where you still have psycho Christians on tv saying they can blow corona away. So yes from a narrative PoV having crazy Christian's running around murdering people or whatever under the guise of its gods will, its extremely plausible and makes perfect sense from where this game is set.

As for the politics I dont give a shit, it's in a America where the biggest religion is christianity, so its completely works from a narrative PoV, I'm sorry you dont get to kill muslims constantly, maybe try an assassin's creed mod, or hitman, that had a section with people wearing turbans

Geki-D

Banned
So you're saying that the 3 million would be the surviving force in America, that makes even less sense from a narrative PoV, that does sound like the devs would be making a statement about wanting to kill muslims if that was the case, because now you're saying muslims took over America after an apocalypse, for that to work story wise

As said before if this game was set in a country where the majority of people were Muslim it would make sense, but it's not, its American, where you still have psycho Christians on tv saying they can blow corona away. So yes from a narrative PoV having crazy Christian's running around murdering people or whatever under the guise of its gods will, its extremely plausible and makes perfect sense from where this game is set.
To be fair, if the game was set in the middle east, people here would probably still not be happy because the main characters might be brown.

docbot

Banned
Yes the game is set in America, but in the general sense of the industry, they would never make a game that features the other religions being portrayed this way.

Americans who eat this sjw crap up are like "God Bless America... "Thank you for your service" also "Fuck Christians"

Its like that series Vikings, throughout the entire series they went around destroying multiple churches (historically accurate obviously, im not arguing other wise) raping and pillaging but then when they get to the middle east, the show makes it so they walk into a moqsue and lop the head off of a worshipper, but then are quickly stopped by a another worshipper who uses the all mighty weapon of "Please dont do that". Thats as violent as it got in that portrayal of their time in the ME.

I think the incidents of Charlie Hebdo got the media to scared to speak bad of that faith.
yeah, because not just are the majority of american not muslim, so are the majority of game devs. And they are not creating a game for a liberal muslim audience, because they are not muslims, but probably gays, women, liberals, liberal christians and jews and they tell tales of what they know, experienced and see. Just don't consume it if you're not interested in their stories, make your own game in which the all the baddies are muslims. You can get started with unity3d or unreal engine.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
it's a bit ironic that people complain so much about people that are just creating content based on their perspective of the world, it's in essence none of your business, don't buy the game if it's a problem for you. Don't complain about about liberals creating art and why they don't create art that confirms your view of the world (why should they?). Just go and create you're own great video games, films that submit to your view of the world. It's a bit like complaining "how can french people speak French and not English".

It's a Jewish liberal creating The Last of US 2, why the f**** would he create a game of what you deem right and he clearly doesn't. Don't get angry just because his content is better than yours.

It's really making you angry and eating you up from the inside that people are seeing woke propaganda and not liking it? I mean, IF this real, and just IF, then don't worry, I'm not buying this game. It will probably still be a success, but I don't want to be preached at by the videogaming equivalent of Harley Queen and her fabulous Birds of Prey so I'm happy to skip it.

yeah, because not just are the majority of american not muslim, so are the majority of game devs. And they are not creating a game for a liberal muslim audience, because they are not muslims, but probably gays, women, liberals, liberal christians and jews and they tell tales of what they know, experienced and see. Just don't consume it if you're not interested in their stories, make your own game in which the all the baddies are muslims. You can get started with unity3d or unreal engine.

You do realize Americans arent the only ones who play games?

docbot

Banned
It's really making you angry and eating you up from the inside that people are seeing woke propaganda and not liking it? I mean, IF this real, and just IF, then don't worry, I'm not buying this game. It will probably still be a success, but I don't want to be preached at by the videogaming equivalent of Harley Queen and her fabulous Birds of Prey so I'm happy to skip it.
It doesn't concern me at all, I just find the entitlement of what content other people should create ironic. And yeah, I wouldn't either if I was in your shoes.

So to sum up, people are raging because you're potentially not killing muslims in a predominantly Christian country.

What a weak attempt at deflection. The ol guilty by false accusation and association.

Acknowledging that the majority of A features a disproportionate percentage of B than it does C, is not a desire to want to harm C.

Its merely pointing out, to put it simply "that one of these things is not like the other".

The only reason you keep using the USA is because you know that wont work when including Europe/UK anymore due to the increase in "migration".

yeah, but you're also free to read Indian comic books, doesn't mean they where created with you in mind.

Well, I was looking forward to playing a game featuring an Indian, but they cancelled Prey 2 and replaced him with an asian. So much for representation.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
This reads like EA's contrived Dante's Inferno "protest".

>drum up controversy for game on 4chan
>game gets discussed and fanboys rally to defend/attack it, boosting those search-engine rankings
>game releases and now a ton of people want to see if the controversy was true leading to more searches and purchases
>???

>profit

INC

What a weak attempt at deflection. The ol guilty by false accusation.

Acknowledging that the majority of product A features a disproportionate percentage of B than it does C, is not a desire to want to harm C.

Its merely pointing out, to put it simply "that one of these things is not like the other".

The only reason you keep using the USA is because you know that wont work when including Europe/UK anymore due to the increase in "migration".

wheres the game based again?

wheres the game based again?

In america. Whats your point.

When talking about the industry as a whole, this is the same trope used by developers all over the world, yet they never do it with other faiths or races.

The fact that Kingdom Come deliverance is ignored and labeled racist, buried by gaming "journalism", all because the devs made an accurate representation of history just shows how one sided this industry is.

Geki-D

Banned
The game is set in the US and we're talking about the game. I get that you'd love nothing more than to use this as an excuse to vomit up your favorite "dirty muslim invaders" alt right talking points but here we're talking about The Last of Us Part 2 which is SET IN THE USA. Your argument is stupid and makes no sense.

The funny thing is that if the vast majority of characters in the game were black, you'd no doubt be one of the first to complain that the game doesn't represent the US' correct ethnic demographics.

The fact that Kingdom Come deliverance is ignored and labeled racist, buried by gaming "journalism", all because the devs made an accurate representation of history just shows how one sided this industry is.
The sheer hypocrisy of what you said here is amazing.

Last edited:
The game is set in the US and we're talking about the game. I get that you'd love nothing more than to use this as an excuse to vomit up your favorite "dirty muslim invaders" alt right talking points but here we're talking about The Last of Us Part 2 which is SET IN THE USA. Your argument is stupid and makes no sense.

The funny thing is that if the vast majority of characters in the game were black, you'd no doubt be one of the first to complain that the game doesn't represent the US' correct ethnic demographics.

Nice try, but to quote myself.

What a weak attempt at deflection. The ol guilty by false accusation and association.

Acknowledging that the majority of A features a disproportionate percentage of B than it does C, is not a desire to want to harm C.

This rumor is referring to an over used trope that is never used in any other shape or form and if it were, it would be labeled racist and the developers put out of a job.

Double standards.

Last edited:

INC

In america. Whats your point.

When talking about the industry as a whole, this is the same trope used by developers all over the world, yet they never do it with other faiths or races.

Youre talking about the industry as a whole, I'm talking about this game and its setting, and if leak is true, the setting and story makes sense

So 'you keep mentioning USA' statement is because it's based in.........wait you've guessed it, the USA

Why u brough up eu to me is weird, since that's got nothing to do with where this game takes place

Geki-D

Banned
Nice try, but to quote myself.

This rumor is referring to an over used trope that is never used in any other shape or form and if it were, it would be labeled racist and the developers put out of a job.

Double standards.
Cool story, bro. Still completely irrelevant because we're talking about TLOU2 set in the US and not "the industry as a whole". But please, keep trying to hammer that round peg into that square hole.

Last edited:
Top Bottom