• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4Chan Rumor: The Last of Us Part 2 is rumored to be a story of revenge...

ManaByte

Gold Member

The archived plot leak claims The Last of Us 2 will center around a budding romance between protagonist Ellie and love-interest Dina – a plot point that has already been confirmed by the game’s developers. However, this subplot is interrupted by an attack from a religious sect known as the Seraphites, who allegedly view the relationship as sinful.

Full archived leak:

IF true (it's 4Chan after all), could this angle have contributed to the indefinite delay with that sort of story not going over well around Easter and when everyone is isolating?

NeoGiffer

c3075056fc7a80f266d78517e62bf1a8.gif

Last edited:

DESTROYA

I don’t care about the lesbian storyline but the It grinds my gears seeing a religion specifically Christianity being used as the villain, would people be OK if they used an other religion?
I doubt they would use a different religion for example Muslims , if true instant no buy.

INC

That just doesnt make sense in an apocalypse. People worrying about oppressing sexual orientation, meanwhile society has collapsed and flesh eating zombie roam.

Makes perfect sense, people with delusions of grandeur and religious power trips, sounds exactly how it would be in an apocalypse. Free reign to carry out their twisted beliefs, with nothing but god to judge them.

INC

I don’t care about the lesbian storyline but the It grinds my gears seeing a religion specifically Christianity being used as the villain, would people be OK if they used an other religion?
I doubt they would use a different religion for example Muslims , if true instant no buy.

Well christianity is pretty big in America, so again it being a Christian cult makes sense to the setting of the game. If it was based in Jerusalem then yeh, it would be a different matter

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
*cough, cough* Have you played the first one? Brave girl killing bad white men.

I played it. For me it was a protagonist killing bad guy antagonists and I didn't feel it ventured into SJW territory until that boring-ass DLC, Left Behind, that seemed like it's only purpose was to virtue-signal oh, look, look! Ellie is a lesbian.

So in this post apocalyptic world ND built where almost no one is safe and everyone is barely surviving, God Hates Fags groups still exist and have the time to pursue hating people?

They must have incredible infrastructure to be unfazed in this post apocalyptic world ND built where almost no one is safe and everyone is barely surviving.

Wonder if this group is all white... Naught Dog mostly is.

Last edited:

INC

I played it. For me it was a protagonist killing bad guy antagonists and I didn't feel it ventured into SJW territory until that boring-ass DLC, Left Behind, that seemed like it's only purpose was to virtue-signal oh, look, look! Ellie is a lesbian.

Yeh shame younger lesbian gamers have a character they can sort of relate too, takes the piss, they should play more DoA with jiggle physics.

Last edited:

LED Guy?

Banned
Makes perfect sense, people with delusions of grandeur and religious power trips, sounds exactly how it would be in an apocalypse. Free reign to carry out their twisted beliefs, with nothing but god to judge them.
Except the same goes for the other side, they can be as delusional or more, you are being a hypocrite right now, calling out religious cults but not calling out SJW zombies.

All in all, this story (if true) would be trash and would be very divisive SJW trash mental diarrhea from Neil Druckman and the other writers.

Romulus

That's common sense,, but not my point.

hunthunt

Banned
Sounds like a load of garbage and swj anti swj clickbait but

It could make sense if the disintegration of the society's made people adopt in mass some kind of extreme religious views controlled by powerfull people, not much different as what happens with ISIS for example.

It could be an interesting plot trhead if its well written

DESTROYA

Well christianity is pretty big in America, so again it being a Christian cult makes sense to the setting of the game. If it was based in Jerusalem then yeh, it would be a different matter
I get that, but it’s a little annoying they are going with a religious angle if true.
I’m just saying let’s say it was set in a Muslim country ( just using as a example you can insert any religion you choose )
they would never go along with a storyline like that.

hyperbertha

Sounds like a load of garbage and swj anti swj clickbait but

It could make sense if the disintegration of the society's made people adopt in mass some kind of extreme religious views controlled by powerfull people, not much different as what happens with ISIS for example.

It could be an interesting plot trhead if its well written
Making the main plot point about homophobia against ellie's romantic choice takes all the focus away from what makes last of us the last of us.

marianus

Makes sense to me. These types of people hate the big bad Christians. They rumors about Ellie's gf being raped also seem to fit in. Did they rape her to try and make her straight? As a "punishment" for being a lesbian?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Yeh shame younger lesbian gamers have a character they can sort of relate too, takes the piss, they should play more DoA with jiggle physics.

If she was making out with a boy, it would have been just as boring and pointless. I don't have the slightest interest in knowing the sexual orientation of characters in a video game. And I have even less interest in slogging through boring DLC just to find out what the hell their orientation is.

INC

Except the same goes for the other side, they can be as delusional or more, you are being a hypocrite right now, calling out religious cults but not calling out SJW zombies.

All in all, this story (if true) would be trash and would be very divisive SJW trash mental diarrhea from Neil Druckman and the other writers.

Why? because I have no issue if it's true, and can completely see this being not only realistic irl, but even in any other medium (film, book etc)

So now because its In a game, its SJW zombie shit.

Grow up, it's a revenge story, and it's been done before and will be done again, even if the characters are gay.

I understand why the director thinks this will be an artistic masterpiece now.
This game will be such a deep artistic masterpiece because it directly reflects our contemporary zeitgeist... the famous line from the first game will be evolved with Ellie telling her gal friend(s)... "We really are the last of us... SJWs!".

So artistic

EDIT: Oh ya, the last boss will be an infected Bill Gates in Seattle after his research into the toilet bioweapon goes wrong. Players will be able to tell it's bill because the last boss wears a sweater and has glasses.

Last edited:

Metnut

I hope this is true. Could make for a great game and would drive people obsessed politics and calling everyone SJWs batshit crazy.

ExpandKong

Banned
Ehhhh. On the one hand, the first game was a very basic and played out paint-by-numbers “post apocalypse we were the real monsters oh man” story, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Naughty Dog went for a very basic and played out paint-by-numbers “oh man religion hates gays” story this time around.

On the other hand, sounds like outrage bait.

Top Bottom