• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

NickFire

I use to be a constant in the years before the great purge. The last few years thes NFL threads were so light on content it was hard to care about entering the convo. But I guess I can join back up.

So my current take after 2 weeks and this off-season:

1. Aaron Rodgers' drama is annoying, I recognize this will likely be our last year with him and at first the thought made me incredibly sad, but now I'm just over it.
2. Aaron Rodgers got ugly. Like wtf dude, did he start doing meth this off season?
3. That first game against the Saints was a 4th Preseason game, thats all.
4. Our defenses is back to being a dumpster fire. I guess 1 good year of a defense in the last decade is the best we can ask for.
5. Lions traded Stafford for this? LMAO.
When the trade first went down I thought the Rams way over paid. After last night the Rams should probably send the Lions an all pro to make up for that brazen highway robbery. How does an NFL QB just drop the ball in a regular season game?? And I know they want to avoid too many check downs, but passing to a RB in the first 56 minutes makes more sense than what Goff was doing.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Happy-excited-gif.gif

Tschumi

this is good news in my book, but i also didn't think he'd fail to get it back

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
anybody ever resell their tickets? my brother and I were supposed to see the chiefs vs bills game on oct 10 but they banned foreigners from entering the country so he can't come, which is dumb as fuck especially since they are opening travel in November...

bought the tickets for 500 and it seems ticketmaster takes a $50 fee so can I put them up for $550 or do I need to go lower in price? no idea what I'm doing

Last edited:

Tschumi

anybody ever resell their tickets? my brother and I were supposed to see the chiefs vs bills game on oct 10 but they banned foreigners from entering the country so he can't come, which is dumb as fuck especially since they are opening travel in November...

bought the tickets for 500 and it seems ticketmaster takes a $50 fee so can I put them up for $550 or do I need to go lower in price? no idea what I'm doing
Ahh bro sorry to hear that your were so excited on like page 1 about that lol ah kick in the nuts

As far i understand there is little ceiling to scalping prices, i guess you should be fine, but maybe it'll happen closer to kick-off when other tickets get scarce..

Tschumi

I keep getting caught out by Thursday games lol it just feels so weird

Damn McCaffrey out...

Last edited:
Ill try to keep up with picks every week, wont make any promises tho

WFT - Giants <BYE>
Eagles - 49ers - niners come away with the win.
Jags - Broncos - broncos should rock em
Colts - Rams - rams, when colts top targets are rbs, its not gonna hold up
Jets - Patriots - pats win. Its gonna take a lot for me to pick the jets….
Buccaneers - Falcons - buccs. Falcons are a mess

Seahawks - Titans - seahawks. Dint think titans d or o can keep up with seahawks o
Ravens - Chiefs - chiefs. Nuff said
Steelers - Raiders - ill put my faith in big ben over carr here. Could go either way
Browns - Texans - browns. I hope no one takes texans seriously this yr
Panthers - Saints - panthers, because theyre my team. Can see saints taking it tho
Dolphins - Bills - Bills better win this, could be an upset tho
Bears - Bengals - Bengals because i cant bring myself to vote for dalton at this point
Cardinals - Vikings - cards, hard to stop murray and hopkins
Chargers - Cowboys - cowboys take it. Too high octane.
Packers - Lions - GB. Rodgers was embarrassed last week. Another shit outing and the offseason took a bigger toll than we think. Pulling for rodgers here
11 + wk 1’s 9 = 20

Tschumi

Okayy homies!

Time for another set of predictions! ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion you're a legend!
Score going in:
Tschumi = (8+8)16
Nobody_Important Nobody_Important = (9+11)20
ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion = (9+11)20​
I'd just like to welcome anyone who wants to to put up some predictions, sorry this is a bit late!
natjjohn natjjohn Pagusas Pagusas Toytown Assassin Toytown Assassin
N NickFire

come-on-peter-griffin.gif

"Come on... Come aaahn"​

Gameweek 3 PREDICTIONS, give 'em to me

Texans - Panthers <bye>
Chiefs - Chargers - Last week was an abberation I reckon
Jags - Cards - I just don't want Lawrence to suffer a career-perverting injury this season
Browns - Bears - Justin Fields might be a fantasy hit as a 2-way QB but the Browns are looking pretty good.
Bills - WhhhhFT - I like the WhhhFT but yeah c'mon Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes can tell you what's up
Titans - Colts - Derrick Henry, don't bet against him
Patriots - Saints - One of the tougher picks this week, won't be surprised if this one undermines me shit score thus far :p
Giants - Falcons - At least Jones has learned how to rush, and am I wrong or did he not fumble last week?
Steelers - Bengals - This is another really tough pick, if the Steelers don't win this then the season's in the can
Lions - Ravens - Have to back the Ravens after last week, but Goff looked pretty good for a quarter.
Broncos - Jets - I just can't back Wilson and his misfits this early in the season
Raiders - Dolphins - Raiders are under the radar and Carr is the invisible man, Dolphins can't catch a break
Rams - Buccaneers - Another tough pick, dammit, I just think the Rams have been looking more badass than the Bucs thus far...
Vikings - Seahawks - Last week notwidthstanding I seriously rate Wilson and company.
49ers - Packers - They seem to have it back under control... Jimmy G better not get injured, can easily see this being flipped.
Cowboys - Eagles - I learned my lesson, as long as Dak's in there the Cowboys will win toss-up games.

Last edited:

Tschumi

*note* in future weeks I'm going to overhaul prediction scoring and just make it a tally system for wins so newcomers aren't just 20 pts in arrears

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I'm afraid of the WFT. Their defense has really underperformed thus far and I think they may have a Doug Flutie on steroids with Tyler Heineken (give him endorsement deal cowards). Surprised Vegas has the Bills favored so much.

Hopefully it's an exciting game. Apparently the Bills and WFT are two of the most blitz happy teams in the league through two games. If that keeps up we might get fireworks.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Okayy homies!

Time for another set of predictions! ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion you're a legend!
Score going in:
Tschumi = (8+8)16
Nobody_Important Nobody_Important = (9+11)20
ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion = (9+11)20​
I'd just like to welcome anyone who wants to to put up some predictions, sorry this is a bit late!
natjjohn natjjohn Pagusas Pagusas Toytown Assassin Toytown Assassin
N NickFire

come-on-peter-griffin.gif

"Come on... Come aaahn"​

Gameweek 3 PREDICTIONS, give 'em to me

Texans - Panthers <bye>
Chiefs - Chargers - Last week was an abberation I reckon
Jags - Cards - I just don't want Lawrence to suffer a career-perverting injury this season
Browns - Bears - Justin Fields might be a fantasy hit as a 2-way QB but the Browns are looking pretty good.
Bills - WhhhhFT - I like the WhhhFT but yeah c'mon Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes can tell you what's up
Titans - Colts - Derrick Henry, don't bet against him
Patriots - Saints - One of the tougher picks this week, won't be surprised if this one undermines me shit score thus far :p
Giants - Falcons - At least Jones has learned how to rush, and am I wrong or did he not fumble last week?
Steelers - Bengals - This is another really tough pick, if the Steelers don't win this then the season's in the can
Lions - Ravens - Have to back the Ravens after last week, but Goff looked pretty good for a quarter.
Broncos - Jets - I just can't back Wilson and his misfits this early in the season
Raiders - Dolphins - Raiders are under the radar and Carr is the invisible man, Dolphins can't catch a break
Rams - Buccaneers - Another tough pick, dammit, I just think the Rams have been looking more badass than the Bucs thus far...
Vikings - Seahawks - Last week notwidthstanding I seriously rate Wilson and company.
49ers - Packers - They seem to have it back under control... Jimmy G better not get injured, can easily see this being flipped.
Cowboys - Eagles - I learned my lesson, as long as Dak's in there the Cowboys will win toss-up games.
Chiefs over Chargers - Mahomes throws 2 and rushes for 1
Cardinals over Jags - Murray gets 3 TDs
Browns over Bears - But Mayfield has 2 turnovers
Bills over Football Team - Allen goes off again
Titans over Colts - Colts just don't have a hope this season. Henry eats them alive.
Saints over Pats - Winston has 2 turnovers, but also has 2 TDs.
Falcons over Giants - Matt Ryan has 2 TDs. Jones has a fumble.
Steelers over Bungles - Harris has another good week
Ravens over Lions - Hockenson has another TD this week though
Broncos over Jets - Wilson has another turnover heavy game
Raiders over Lolphins - My least confident pick this week.
Buccs over Rams - Golden boy throws an INT, but Buccs still pulls it off.
Hawks over Vikes - Wilson goes off again
Packers over Niners - Our lord and savior has 3TDs
Cowboys over Eagles - Cooper might be hurt so I expect Lamb to have a 100yd game.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I'm not afraid of the WFT. Their defense sucks and Tyler Heineken is an Arena football league level QB. Imagine a beer company giving him an endorsement.

Tschumi

49ers had done a good job of keeping green bay to 10 points, let's see if this pick doesn't mess things up for them

Jeez this is an injury fest...

49ers are keeping GB close so effectively lol I feel like they'll win this if they keep it up

Loved that Trey Lance ploy at the death there

Shite, good night for my fantasy team, bad night for my predictions

SHIT spoke too soon Crosby for a winning kick...

HECK YES! My predictions are better, one of my top teams wins, Nobody_Important Nobody_Important receives more cheese

Last edited:

Tschumi

well that was fun!
when they had like 23 second left on the clock on their first posession i was like 'game over' but damn, two huge gains to adams (i think it was only to him) and 50 yards is child's play compared to tucker's 67(ish?) yarder...

greenbay's O line could win a superbowl if they kept up play like that, keeping nick bosa quiet like they did and allowing rodgers to sling it so freely on that last drive

Tschumi

This game is fucking weird.

ROFL Zeke dropped the ball in his ruled-out TD, that's funny as hell... come on zeke do nothing more pappa needs a fantasy win

second zeke TD.. of course zeke would git gud in the week when i'm set to beat the table topping team

Last edited:

Tschumi

So Aaron Rogers is a douche?

Nobody_Important explain this!

He's a bad man isn't he?

Eh i think he's in his rights, he was trying to talk to his team mates and got interrupted and lost his train of thought, then the guy asked a question any good journalist would be embarassed to ask lol "can you grade your level of caring and cross reference it with your levels of caring over the past two weeks?" I mean jesus :p

Fantasy football is the dumbest thing ever. But about that waiver wire, Sanders in particular, yay or nay?
Brandon cooks has been a free agent since the start of the season and he's got 20 points a week lol so I'm going for him on waivers this week

Sanders, was he the bills wr? Some big plays this week? >Wince< can't quite remember

NickFire

He's a bad man isn't he?

Eh i think he's in his rights, he was trying to talk to his team mates and got interrupted and lost his train of thought, then the guy asked a question any good journalist would be embarassed to ask lol "can you grade your level of caring and cross reference it with your levels of caring over the past two weeks?" I mean jesus :p

Brandon cooks has been a free agent since the start of the season and he's got 20 points a week lol so I'm going for him on waivers this week

Sanders, was he the bills wr? Some big plays this week? >Wince< can't quite remember
Yup, that Sanders. I got him so he won't have another big game.

But how is cooks on the wire? Is that a 4 or 6 person league?

Tschumi

Yup, that Sanders. I got him so he won't have another big game.

But how is cooks on the wire? Is that a 4 or 6 person league?
it's a small league yeah, i dunno we just all seem to be iffy about houston without whatsisname The Accused

NickFire

it's a small league yeah, i dunno we just all seem to be iffy about houston without whatsisname The Accused
I cannot deny avoiding all Houston players like the plague in my draft. Cooks has definitely been an unexpected steal for everyone who drafted him this year.

Tschumi

I cannot deny avoiding all Houston players like the plague in my draft. Cooks has definitely been an unexpected steal for everyone who drafted him this year.
u know who i'm stoked about? Jamarr Chase of Bengals fame... consistently doubling his projected scores lol... hot. shit.

manfestival

Bucs not having an undefeated season thanks to our secondary being absolutely destroyed from injuries = depression
Bucs signing Richard Sherman = hope... but not too hopeful since our safeties still suck

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Media really still staying away from throwing dirt on thier darling? https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ng-ped-allegations-to-be-subject-of-discovery
Probably has to do with the fact that nobody cares if he used PEDs or not. I'm willing to bet that more than half of all professional athletes in high impact or high physical demand sports have used some kind of performance enhancer or banned substance at some point in their athletic career. And it's not like the dude was a physical specimen during his career. He was never an athletic QB. If he used anything at all it was likely to return from injury just like most NFL players do.

Plus I like his commercials.

Top Bottom