• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

101st Indianapolis 500 - May 28th |OT| We Got Bigger Crowds than Trump's Inauguration

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
It's interesting how little the US commentators are, well, saying. Being very used to a more conversational approach, it feels like a lot of the commentary boils down to "(NAME) does (EVENT)". Is that because this is the world feed, with more involved commentary on the US feed?
The ABC commentators are the absolute worst, they have no chemistry whatsoever. It's like listening to 3 David Otungas talking to eachother.

It's interesting how little the US commentators are, well, saying. Being very used to a more conversational approach, it feels like a lot of the commentary boils down to "(NAME) does (EVENT)". Is that because this is the world feed, with more involved commentary on the US feed?

That's why I'm glad about the ad breaks. The stream switches to track audio and I don't feel like I'm missing much, if anything at all. I don't think I could watch an entire F1 race without commentary, though.

And wow, nice for Chilton.

Draconian

The cameras on the car themselves are sponsored, too. If it can be called attention to on commentary, it can be sponsored.

Don't forget the Sunoco fuel! I know it's technically not a sponsor, but the fact that they have to say it every time is ridiculous.

Branson

Love seeing Alonso doing so well. It seems like it's a hard transition sometimes going from road to oval for drivers making the jump sometimes. Great driver obviously.

Patrick S.

Banned
What's missing with all this sponsoring is a Cemex sponsorship message when they crash into a wall "this wall presented to you by Cemex high impact concrete".

kharma45

I was never an Alonso fan, but hell, I can't help but smile at this :)

Not that anyone ever doubted his talent, but to come here and do this well so far as a rookie, it's incredible.

Hopefully Liberty can schedule F1 in future to allow more drivers to come and participate.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
What's missing with all this sponsoring is a Cemex sponsorship message when they crash into a wall "this wall presented to you by Cemex high impact concrete".

I'm surprised the walls don't have sponsor slogans like they do in other formula one races.

Aiii

So not worth it
Halfway through and Alonso has already proven all he had to prove, everything else is a cherry on the cake for him, really.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Who's driving the Steak & Shake car?

Nvm. Graham Rahal.

Aiii

So not worth it
Those marshals casually walking on the track is so scary, I will never think that's a good idea.

Indycar needs to get in on the virtual safety car.

DBT85

Still think it dangerous how fast the safety truck is on the track with still cars coming arround the corner.

One crash earlier a car was very close to hitting it as it started to move too early for one crash and then another car went off.

Top Bottom