• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 5, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since Sundays are ruined for now, everyone gets to pick two characters that need to die.

Glen and Maggie for me.
Maggie? Are you insane?! She needs to live to procreate. She is beautiful and badass and reads books!

I say Glenn (sorry man, tough choice) and Gabriel.

A lot of those people weren't on the show at the same time. And what the fuck are Nikki and Paulo doing on there? If you're going to include Nikki and Paulo, you've got to include all the cops in the hospital on TWD.

Maggie and Paulo had a small story arc and thus are relevant

-Deimos

Carrrrrrl, because of the hat.

llamas-with-hats-hed2-2013.jpg

Just watched the mid-season finale.

Meh.

Characters have all caught the stupid bug again.

Show has veered back into I'll watch it in the background territory.

Frog-fu

Banned
Someone explain the Beth death scene to me.

I just watched it and was like wtf. Not because it was shocking or unexpected, seeing as it had been spoiled to me she would die already, but just to see it going to down... what?

Just, what?

Chopper

Someone explain the Beth death scene to me.

I just watched it and was like wtf. Not because it was shocking or unexpected, seeing as it had been spoiled to me she would die already, but just to see it going to down... what?

Just, what?
What don't you understand? Dawn shot her by mistake. It was a reflex from getting stabbed by scissors. It's pretty weak as far as this show is concerned, but was pretty dramatic.

Frog-fu

Banned
What don't you understand? Dawn shot her by mistake. It was a reflex from getting stabbed by scissors. It's pretty weak as far as this show is concerned, but was pretty dramatic.

I followed the chain of events, just now why the the fuck Beth would do something so stupid, and seemingly impulsive.

That still doesn't justify the sheer stupidity of Beth shanking Dawn the way she did. How did she not notice the gun in her hand when she stood so close?

Chopper

I followed the chain of events, just now why the the fuck Beth would do something so stupid, and seemingly impulsive.

That still doesn't justify the sheer stupidity of Beth shanking Dawn the way she did. How did she not notice the gun in her hand when she stood so close?
She hated her? Wanted her dead? How dare she claim Noah? That sort of thing.

RiZ III

Finally caught up with the show. I really didn't understand the cop lady's character. I mean, I guess she was just a "woman trying to be tough but was actually just an idiot"? Either way, poor Beth T_T though the stabbing move she pulled was idiotic.

Christopher

I just think Beth finally saw herself as not useless anymore...someone who can hold value to the group. I'm assuming her confidence rose to an alltime high with all of her freinds backing her....she let her emotions take over, and in a quick dumb move acted...

I know I know I'm gonna get yelled at, but this show sucks...why actually build up background fodder character to kill them RIGHT after said built.

I just think Beth finally saw herself as not useless anymore...someone who can hold value to the group. I'm assuming her confidence rose to an alltime high with all of her freinds backing her....she let her emotions take over, and in a quick dumb move acted...

I know I know I'm gonna get yelled at, but this show sucks...why actually build up background fodder character to kill them RIGHT after said built.

Probably because killing background fodder means absolutely nothing. So they don't want to repeat those kinds of actions the previous show runners did with people they never bothered to build up (RIP T-Dog).

Especially since Beth was a nothing background character that was already there when the new showrunner came on. So like she probably isn't someone who anyone in charge past/present had any kind of long term story planned for, but they at least made her something beyond "that girl that sings sometimes" before killing her.

I definitely think the way they had it go down wasn't the best. Her "I get it now" didn't seem to do the trick in illustrating why she did what she did to many.

Kard8p3

People are actually petitioning to bring Beth back.

And one site says that they will, Rofl. Can't paste cause I'm on mobile but I'm not sure how legit that is.

MisterHero

She's coming back to haunt Maggie for the rest of the season.
Then it's revealed she and Andrea didn't die at all.

Rick has been delirious for the last 3 seasons. Dude doesn't sleep.

jesu

Don't kill this dude

TWD-5x08-post-credito%2Bcopia.jpg

the_walking_dead_morgan_embargo.jpg

(double pic, because I have no idea if my pics will work)

He never reached his full potential in Jericho!

Kuroyume

Banned
Why? What has he done to justify and sort of fanfare that fans of this show have for him? Has he done anything notable that anyone can remember?

The most notable thing I can recall is that he wears a ski mask during the summer. Annnnnd that's about it.

Blues1990

Quick Question: I've mostly read the comics up until the most recent arc, but I haven't bothered with watching the AMC series. Exactly how much does it differ from it's source material, if it even does?

LycanXIII

Quick Question: I've mostly read the comics up until the most recent arc, but I haven't bothered with watching the AMC series. Exactly how much does it differ from it's source material, if it even does?

It's got the same basic plot, and that's about it.

People are actually petitioning to bring Beth back.

And one site says that they will, Rofl. Can't paste cause I'm on mobile but I'm not sure how legit that is.

Not sure how legit.
http://nationalreport.net/amcs-walking-dead-agrees-bring-beth-greene-back-life/

The reason why I'm asking, is that I'm curious about watching the series, but I don't want to bother if it's nothing but a retread of it's source material.

They're only similar in their broad strokes e.g. the prison, Eugene with his cure and so on. Characters die in the comic who are alive on the show and vice versa, and in different fashions. IMO the comic is drearier than the show (if that's possible), but they both drag on as much.

Why? What has he done to justify and sort of fanfare that fans of this show have for him? Has he done anything notable that anyone can remember?

The most notable thing I can recall is that he wears a ski mask during the summer. Annnnnd that's about it.
His story is genuinely touching, Lennie James is really commanding in the role, and he is just extremely likeable. The fact that he has only fully appeared in 2 episodes and everyone goes wild for him says it all.

Also his and Rick's bond is a strong one so people root for them. I'm dying for the moment they meet up. The most bro-iest of bro hugs will occur.

-griffy-

Banned

Because in his brief performances he has been a more human, engaging (and largely better performed) character than almost anyone else on the show. I'd argue his story in the pilot was so successful and effecting that it's a large part of why the show became the juggernaut it is today. It legitimized the drama of this zombie story.

jesu

I dunno, maybe it's the actor, maybe it's because he wore a ski mask in the summer.
He was the best thing in Jericho.
Maybe it's because of Jericho.

Because in his brief performances he has been a more human, engaging (and largely better performed) character than almost anyone else on the show. I'd argue his story in the pilot was so successful and effecting that it's a large part of why the show became the juggernaut it is today. It legitimized the drama of this zombie story.

LA seems like such a weird city to choose since it's so spread out. Downtown LA doesn't have a ton of high rise buildings (compared to other major cities) and the surrounding areas are basically just neighborhoods and shopping centers. Everything is going to end up looking the same no matter where they go.

Joni

Mainly glad about the changed time period, just after the outbreak is quite interesting alternative to current.

I was hoping for Alaska or Hawaii.

I was hoping for like Moscow or England or Egypt. Would love to see how some of those areas would respond to something like this. Obviously 28 Days Later tried to tackle that with the England setting.

LA is just ... how much different from Atlanta is it really?

But LA opens the door for celebrity zombie cameos!

But yeah there was pretty much no way they'd pick a location with a harsher climate (so no snowy or deserty place that'd be more complicated and expensive to film), or a place too culturally/geographically different to believably film in North America and pretend it's that place instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom