• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 5, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO REVIEW THE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS (SEE BELOW)

Season 4 of The Walking Dead ended with Rick and the group outgunned, outnumbered, and trapped in a train car awaiting a grim fate.

Season 5 picks up shortly thereafter. What follows is a story that weaves the true motives of the people of Terminus with the hopeful prospect of a cure in Washington, D.C., the fate of the group’s lost comrades, as well as new locales, new conflicts, and new obstacles in keeping the group together and staying alive.

Stories will break apart and intersect. The characters will find love and hate. Peace and conflict. Contentment and terror. And, in the quest to find a permanent, safe place to call home, one question will haunt them: After all they’ve seen, all they’ve done, all they’ve sacrificed, lost, and held on to no matter what the cost…Who do they become?

As in previous seasons, the series’ fifth season of 16 episodes will air in two-parts, with the first eight hours kicking off October 12 and the final eight episodes returning February 2015.

AMC said:
About the Show

The Walking Dead tells the story of the weeks and months that follow after the apocalypse. Based on Robert Kirkman's hugely successful and popular comic book series, AMC's The Walking Dead is an epic, edge-of-your-seat drama where personal struggles are magnified against a backdrop of moment-to-moment survival. A survivalist story at its core, the series explores how the living are changed by the overwhelming realization that those who survive can be far more dangerous than the mindless walkers roaming the earth. They themselves have become the walking dead.

Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, The Walking Dead stars Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Chandler Riggs, Melissa McBride, Emily Kinney, Danai Gurira, Chad Coleman, Sonequa Martin-Green, Lawrence Gilliard Jr., Michael Cudlitz, Alanna Masterson, Christian Serratos, Josh McDermitt, Andrew J. West, and Seth Gilliam. The series is executive produced by Scott M. Gimple, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert, Tom Luse and Greg Nicotero.

DgTSafq.png

Standard rules apply: after the 9PM ET/6PM PT airing of a new episode, the details of that episode may be discussed openly without the use of spoiler tags. Please remember to spoiler tag any preview and/or promo discussion for episodes that have not aired.

Leaks: The posting and/or discussing of leaked material is strictly prohibited in this thread. All discussion regarding unofficially distributed media belongs in The Walking Dead Spoiler Discussion Thread.

Graphic Novel: All comic-related discussion must be enclosed in spoiler tags. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please tag and label your posts, e.g. (Graphic Novel/Comic Spoilers)
[Insert graphic novel spoilers here]
. All discussion pertaining exclusively to the graphic novel belongs in The Walking Dead Comics Thread.​

EsnTwEt.png

Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes
icoTGM30Zkar7.png
Danai Gurira as Michonne
ibgE1GGWShmHKp.png
Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon

Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes
icoTGM30Zkar7.png
Melissa McBride as Carol Peletier
ibgE1GGWShmHKp.png
Alanna Masterson as Tara Chambler

Steven Yeun as Glenn Rhee
icoTGM30Zkar7.png
Lauren Cohan as Maggie Greene
ibgE1GGWShmHKp.png
Emily Kinney as Beth Greene

Chad L. Coleman as Tyreese
icoTGM30Zkar7.png
Sonequa Martin-Green as Sasha
ibgE1GGWShmHKp.png
Lawrence Gilliard Jr. as Bob Stookey

Michael Cudlitz as Sgt. Abraham Ford
icoTGM30Zkar7.png
Christian Serratos as Rosita Espinosa
ibgE1GGWShmHKp.png
Josh McDermitt as Dr. Eugene Porter

lEeMnhj.png

• The Hollywood Reporter - Andrew J. West promoted to regular in The Walking Dead Season 5

West made his debut during the season-four finale as Gareth, the head of the group living at Terminus -- the so-called "sanctuary for all" -- who may or may not be overseeing a group of cannibals. THR exclusively reported that the Greek alum signed on to the series last November with an option to be a regular in season five and that the character would have a big presence and play an important character on the series. (And he certainly did: Gareth currently has nearly everyone trapped at Terminus in one of the show's most dramatic cliffhangers yet.)

WdKTWKF.png
  • Deadline - Seth Gilliam Joins ‘The Walking Dead’ As Comic Spoilers
    Father Gabriel

Deadline said:
    With the body count on The Walking Dead consistently high, the AMC zombie drama is always in need for reinforcements.

Enter The Wire alum Seth Gilliam, who has joined The Walking Dead as a new series regular for Season 5.

He will play a character listed on the breakdown as Michael Todd, though his real name is being kept under wraps (Maybe fans could recognize a character from the graphic novel in the description?) Michael is described as having two sides, displaying a friendly, puckish humor but also having a haunted side stemming from a dark secret. Gilliam, repped by Gersh and Bob McGowan of McGowan Management, first got on AMC’s radar with a recurring role on the 2012 untitled Lagravenese/Goldwyn pilot, which was subsequently picked up to series by sister channel WEtv. He has been recurring on another series, MTV’s Teen Wolf, which he is expected to continue to do while co-starring on TWD.

H87xrFe.png
  • Variety - ‘Walking Dead’ Adds ‘Go On’ Alum Tyler James Williams to Cast

Gearing up for the fast approaching premiere of its fifth season, “The Walking Dead” has cast Tyler James Williams, Variety confirmed on Wednesday.

The “Go On” and “Everybody Hates Chris” actor will play a character named Noah, though no further details, including how long the character’s run will last, have been revealed. The news confirms rumors swirling in the community of the zombie hit after Williams was spotted on the Atlanta set last month.

While there’s no Noah in the Robert Kirkman comicbook series that the show is based on, there is a Noah Cruz in the prequel videogame “The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.” There was also a Woodbury resident named Noah in season three of the AMC drama, played by Peter Wierling.

fRftlQz.jpg
  • Dead Central - Christine Woods joins the cast of 'The Walking Dead'

If you watched the Season 5 trailer, you know
    Beth is in a predicament.
    Someone at our table thought she recognized the woman
    holding her
    as Christine Woods (“Hello Ladies”), and exec producer Gale Anne Hurd confirmed it.

WCiEviV.jpg

fiukET5.png

2wizm9T.png

Trailers

Features

Season Recaps

y354eiN.png

grVy8B2.png

gar8i1t.png

X2l04xt.jpg

3MzIPto.png

6oUjPgG.jpg

A13L3mP.jpg

M7R87w1.jpg

ss1FHlb.jpg

Sgm26qi.png

lowilb9.jpg

OJ4Qonc.png

• TV Review: ‘The Walking Dead’ Races Into Fifth Season

After the (rather too) long and winding road to Terminus, “The Walking Dead” opens its fifth season in spectacular fashion, a dazzling adrenaline rush filled with suspense, righteous violence and, before it’s all over, genuine emotion. Imbued with cinematic touches, the only downside to this breathtaking episode is pondering what the creative brain trust can do for an encore. Still, AMC’s megahit finds itself in a very good place, from the current makeup of its ever-evolving cast to the latitude it has earned to take unexpected detours. Given the hype surrounding the series, it’s still impressive to see the producers deliver such a feast.

After a season in which “The Walking Dead” at times seemed to meander, it’s bracing to see a series that has weathered offscreen changes, and all but redefined expectations for cable viewership (as reflected in its soaring ad rates), continue to take creative chances — proving it can still leap ahead not just by shuffling along, but at breakneck speed.
  • The Walking Dead Season 5 premiere: TV Review

The episode moves along at a good pace, with only a couple of moments when the timing feels a little too coincidental.

Special thanks for SamuraiX- for passing the thread duties on to me and for creating all of the fab banners and to Cornballer for posting most of the links in the last thread so I didn't have to go around searching for them on my own. <3

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I feel like Glenn's a dead man walking this season. I did not just try to make a bad pun there.

Effect

Great looking opening post. I could have sworn tonight was the night of the season premiere. Was super disappointed when I found a Breaking Bad marathon instead.

daveo42

Banned
I like the direction this season seems to be going in already based on the new cast. Cannot wait for the first episode. Hoping for a way more pointed story and less plodding too, which they seems to have gotten somewhat better about.

Still think the first handful of episodes from last season with the Governor making a return was a massive misstep.

From the characters point of view how long has it been since the outbreak?

Over a year. This is the 2nd fall/winter section coming up on the timeline.

I hope the showrunners keep poaching people from the wire for this show. We're at 3 now aren't we? Did they ever speak on it? I mean they must be doing it on purpose, probably fans of the show/actors (who isn't...).

JoeBoy101

We'll see how this season goes. Too many characters with plot armor, we need some real body counts here, and not just of scrubs.

Ready for this season. After a while I decided to accept this show for what is and just enjoy it. It has great episodes, good episodes, bad episodes and boring episodes, and yeah, the characters on this show make horrible decisions but it's still entertaining and that's all that matters.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm excited, maybe the show will get some guts and make some character cuts. I feel like the show'll be better with a more concise group of characters.

It feels like they kinda have to considering how big the group is now.

We'll see how this season goes. Too many characters with plot armor, we need some real body counts here, and not just of scrubs.

Any spoilers for The Walking Dead?

Ausiello:
You know how last season the major-character-body-count was relatively low? That will not be the case in Season 5.

via Ausiello

:)

LowParry

Man on man. We're that close huh? I'm feeling that we're going to see some people die this time. I'm putting out a guess of half of the group goes. My emotions are ready!

Just finished the episode in S4
where Hershel and the guv'ner were killed. It's getting intense...does it get better GAF!? :D

Pop

Just finished the episode in S4
where Hershel and the guv'ner were killed. It's getting intense...does it get better GAF!? :D

Definitely does

I'm so ready for Season 5. I watch it with a group of people so it's like a mini event every time.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

mujun

Man on man. We're that close huh? I'm feeling that we're going to see some people die this time. I'm putting out a guess of half of the group goes. My emotions are ready!

Man on man?

I'm guessing that you mean man oh man. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom