• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17th, 2017, PC/XB1/PS4) trailer, info, more

MADGAME

Mos Eisley concept art

5fMeeLN.jpg

prag16

Banned
Everything looks great, but online multiplayer type games are on a trend of being phased out of my rotation over the last few years. Just don't have the time. The first Battlefront I liked a lot, but only got around 30 hours out of the online. I bought day one due to hype (though getting it for over 30% off using Mexican Origin [exploit since fixed iirc] helped). With the second one it may be even less, so the question is whether the campaign can be enough bridge the gap for me and make it a day one purchase. Not sure yet.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I don't think free DLC would be worth a supply drop/loot crate/gamble system. Just my opinion, I realize others may be psyched for it.

If the cosmetics are in crates, then bring that fucking shit on.

If it's Star Cards and bullshit like that then we've learned nothing and we are all doomed. Doomed, I tell you!

Hoodbury

Didn't see it post, but it looks like it will be a PS4pro bundle for Battlefront II.

Saw a glimpse of it at the Orlando Star Wars Celebration.

https://youtu.be/7XnY-ZzOg3M?t=3m23s

3:23 in if the time stamp doesn't work.

bf2ps4pro.jpg

I saw this too during the panel. Wasn't sure if this was going to retail or not or if it was just the ones they gave away type of thing. I've been waiting to get a Pro until a bundle comes out with a game I wanted so I would definitely get this if it does go for sale.

Arttemis

I think so too, just concerned there will be some nasty BS monetization techniques.

Its fair if we get maps and heroes for free.

I don't think free DLC would be worth a supply drop/loot crate/gamble system. Just my opinion, I realize others may be psyched for it.

If the cosmetics are in crates, then bring that fucking shit on.

If it's Star Cards and bullshit like that then we've learned nothing and we are all doomed. Doomed, I tell you!

I really hope they go the route of Titanfall 2. Weapons, characters, maps, all things gameplay-related are included in the base game's cost. Hopefully, aesthetic unlocks are purchasable directly rather than gambling. I absolutely don't want anything time-gated behind some cooldown.

Apparently there's some sort of embargo that ends in a couple of hours. There have been a couple YouTubers (MassiveG at least) that have mentioned it in their videos. So be on the lookout for some new tidbits today!

derFeef

Apparently there's some sort of embargo that ends in a couple of hours. There have been a couple YouTubers (MassiveG at least) that have mentioned it in their videos. So be on the lookout for some new tidbits today!

I am prepared for unbiased opinions!

And footage.

I really hope they go the route of Titanfall 2. Weapons, characters, maps, all things gameplay-related are included in the base game's cost. Hopefully, aesthetic unlocks are purchasable directly rather than gambling. I absolutely don't want anything time-gated behind some cooldown.
If CoD can be successful with weapons in loot crate's, why can't Battlefront?🤔

Some new details

Taken from Battlefront updates.

https://youtu.be/d0jyK6QnvH8

Summary:

SP

Inferno Squad, an elite imperial unit. Different character in the squad have unique abilities.

Campaign set from ROTJ spanning a period of 30 years, ends before force awakens. Story ties into various new canon media.

Elements of choice in the campaign.

Back droid is MC companion, has neat tricks.

Has a progression system in SP, SP progression is for SP unlocks only.

Dogfights and space battles in SP.

Play as Luke and Kylo in campaign, briefly. See Iden from their perspective.

Vardos, new planet, willingly joined the empire. Urban in set up.

MP

Everything will have progression. Heros, soldiers, ships etc. A lot of unlocks to promote longevity

No more pickups, but more opportunities for more 'skilled' players to become heros. Though everyone would get a chance.

No vehicle pickups!

Wont be able to land and take off on vehicles.

Lightsaber combat drastically changed. Reworked melee system.

Reworked core hero mechanics.

Gunplay changed towards Battlefield style. Slightly more difficult to learn.

ADS and hip fire will be effected now unlike BF1.

No squad system, but a new cool system for parties.

A LOT of customisation, both cosmetic and gameplay.

No dynamic destruction like in Battlefield.

Heros will have a rock, paper, scissor system. Depending on the situation one maybe weaker/stronger.

Attachments for weapons.

Not all classes have jump packs. Very specific to certain classes.

Rolling will return.

Offline SP will be substantially different from MP/SP elements.

MADGAME

Nice summary, Elzar.

Like most of what I see, except combat rolling returning and it sounds like better players will get to be heroes more often. That can be both good and bad, depending on the implementation.

Honestly, these morsels are making me even more hungry for details.

Toa TAK

Banned
So DICE still can't do parties, huh?

Pure.

Incompetence.

And I doubt their system here will be better, but I would LOVE to be wrong.

Boem

Campaign set from ROTJ to 30 years after force awakens. Story ties into various new canon media.

This can't be right. There's no way this game, which comes out before Last Jedi, is allowed to explore the timeline beyond Last Jedi (let alone the new trilogy). No way.

I'm pretty sure they said that it's set from the end of ROTJ to the beginning of TFA, which is about 30 years. Not 30 years after TFA.

Edit: That list seems super dodgy. A lot of it is stuff they talked about on the panel, but retold badly, with some half-hearted speculation added. This one for instance:

"Play as Luke and Kylo in campaign, briefly. See Iden from their perspective."

That's not what they said. They said heroes have their own story chapters, they specifically named Luke and Kylo, and that more heroes would have similar story chapters (although they couldn't say yet how many). It also doesn't necesarilly mean we'll see Iden from their perspective - that's just a guess on their part.

What is that youtube account anyway? Seems like a bunch of speculation and badly gathered available information presented as fact.

Lucifon

Some new details

I really hate this trend in recent games. The dumbing down of everything - it's like we've gone backwards in terms of ambition. We played games as kids with 100s of players and various vehicles with different mechanics behind each without any issue. Why things need to be made so simple is frustrating.

Cardon

Yeah I'm not thrilled about the gun changes. Like sure, Battlefront 1 had easy combat, but when I think of Star Wars I don't think highly skilled combat where battles are as nail biting as WW1. So yeah, hoping that there's still a glimmer of the arcade feel in the BF2 combat.

This can't be right. There's no way this game, which comes out before Last Jedi, is allowed to explore the timeline beyond Last Jedi (let alone the new trilogy). No way.

I'm pretty sure they said that it's set from the end of ROTJ to the beginning of TFA, which is about 30 years. Not 30 years after TFA.

BTW you're right.

I just didn't write it well at...all.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
the only big thing i want to know is if there will be server browsers this time the lack of them in the first one killed the game on pc

TheXbox

So you can't get takeoff or land in vehicles, and you also can't acquire them as pickups... so how the hell do you use them? Are they just respawn locations like in Battlefield?

edit: the ADS/hip fire thing is ridiculous. Nobody complained about it in the last game.

I better to be able to shoot accurately while moving. That was such a breath of fresh air with the first game. If that's gone, I'm going to be severely disappointed.

So you can't get takeoff or land in vehicles, and you also can't acquire them as pickups... so how the hell do you use them? Are they just respawn locations like in Battlefield?

They mentioned it was resource-based. Maybe you get points while playing and you spend them if you want to get in a vehicle? Like, "spend 150 points to use AT-ST"?

"No dynamic destruction like in Battlefield."

:(

Thx Dice... Thx...Waiting for next Battlefield. (BF 2143 PLS!!!)

Although i understand your sentiment, it doesnt really make sense in Star wars. Its not exactly known for its destructibility.

Plus, removing it will allow them to push the graphics and details even further.

evi

I'm glad they are changing the gunplay, but I hope we will still be able to fire somewhat accurately while moving. I don't think the difference between ADS and hip-fire will be too much, as it's already easy to hip-fire in Battlefield, and they said they weren't taking it that far. Time will tell.

DeaDPo0L84

Some new details

No squad system, but a new cool system for parties.

Attachments for weapons.

Anddddd im out. Sounds like they didnt learn as much as I thought. Really dont understand why they cant mimic some of the best parts of the original BF2.

ADS and hip fire will be effected now unlike BF1.
This is vague. I hope it just means that there are attachments and stuff that affect hipfire and ADS sort of like the Berserker and Sharpshooter traits but deeper, not that it's now a stupid-ass standard shooter where hipfire is pretty much useless.

From the new info on MP I take it they didn't learn what ppl wanted.
If the shooting is standard ADS crap now then they listened to the hotshit loudmouths who sucked at the first game and wanted it to be a Battlefield reskin because they didn't understand the mechanics of the game.

Top Bottom