• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox will have 9 Console Launch exclusives at it's holiday launch.

RPS37

Not gonna lie, I honestly I’m interested in all the FPS on the list.
If one turns out great, I’ll have one other thing tip play besides Cyberpunk and that’s fine with me.

The salt is strong in this one 😂

In what way is that salt ? Sony's offerings have a certain frame, a core, by which they are built. God of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, are all focused on story and characters - cinematic type of stuff. Even when you move to Days Gone, Horizon and Tsushima they are all following very safely the ubisoft and others games open world formula, doing nothing extra of note and they're still cinematic focused. Sony has a very specific type of games that they make and they've been making them for a long time.

I happen to find this type of gamedesign the most primitive and unambitious imaginable. I do not care for my games to be bombastic and cinematic when gamedesign like Deus Ex, System Shock or Thief exists in the world

mcjmetroid

What's wrong with you guys? Please stop with these bullshit of downplaying Miles Morales and Demon's Souls by calling them "DLC and a remake" when in reality MM is the follow up to a best-selling PS4 game based on a super popular IP and a standalone game in it's own right; and regarding Demon's Souls, it is foolish to say that it is a remake as it was a bad thing when not only it's a project that people has been begging for during the last couple of years, but because two of the biggest releases from the past two years were Resident Evil 2 and Final Fantasy 7. The hype is real with Demon's Souls and it is the most anticipated title of the holiday season after Cyberpunk.
If it was a full " follow up" then they wouldn't need to pack the original game in with it or they wouldn't sell Miles on its own for a budget price.
You need to read between the lines here. I hope you're not expecting a 20 hour game here.
You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you are.

And whatever way you want to spin. Still a remake. Not a bad thing but not as good as a new game for the series.

Tell me, has Sackboy become an irrelevant title just because you say that? LittleBigPlanet has been one of PlayStation's most successful franchises and Sackboy: A Big Adventure, a spin-off based on said franchise, looks like another great platformer by Sumo Digital - a studio that has delivered quality Nintendo-like games in recent times.
I will commend the playstation launch for having better variety in games.
Xbox has nothing really for kids. Sackboy would fit the void I would think.

It looks ok though. I'd be expecting average reviews.

And Astro's Playroom is a spin-off game to one of the most critically acclaimed platformers of the past decade, so stop treating it like if it was Knack 3 ffs.

What? Are you REALLY telling me that PS4's launch with Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, The Playroom and Resogun (the only worth playing game out of the four, but an indie title given on PS Plus nonetheless) was better than Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Destruction AllStars, Astro's Playroom and Sackboy?

I can't believe some things that I've read on this thread. Y'all are so disconnected from reality that there's no point in arguing about this.

You're starting to come off like " omg I can't believe you guys don't like the launch what's wrong with you".

Like it's not a great launch. But then launches in recent years haven't been great. The Switch one was good for Nintendo.

My annoyance is that Sony fans for months were laughing at Halo Infinite, laughing at xboxs lineup and then when the dust settles they deliver .... This.

It's nothing to praise, they're both equally uninspired.

I will say That demon souls is the most exciting game in the entire launch at least before any reviews of the rest.

But if the most exciting game is a remake then it's not a good start to the generation.

Things will pick up of course but I'm certainly waiting until they do. They've both given me zero reasons to pick up their systems this year.

It's a damn shame that Halo Infinite wasn't ready for launch, I'm sure they would have cleaned up with the competition it's up against assuming it was a quality game and again that's a big if.

geary

Demon Soul if has the same mechanics as the PS3 one is a graphical enhancement of that one and if has modified mechanics is a souls-clone.
/s

Demon Soul if has the same mechanics as the PS3 one is a graphical enhancement of that one and if has modified mechanics is a souls-clone.
/s

Didn’t like Demon Souls on PS3 tbh although that’s more than likely due to my lack of patience and skill. Still haven’t played Bloodbourne either.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
... This is all true though.
It is pathetic isn't it? Fine, if you think Xbox has a shit lineup I can't really fault that, but to then say the PS5 lineup is amazing? GTFO with that ridiculousness. Some people just can not see reality and are too caught up in the "war".

Didn’t like Demon Souls on PS3 tbh although that’s more than likely due to my lack of patience and skill. Still haven’t played Bloodbourne either.
Most of these people claiming this game as the reason to buy a PS5 will either not buy it or drop it after a few days when they realize they lack the skill and aren't being led by the hand through an interactive movie.

Last edited:

Redlancet

Banned
It is pathetic isn't it? Fine, if you think Xbox has a shit lineup I can't really fault that, but to then say the PS5 lineup is amazing? GTFO with that ridiculousness. Some people just can not see reality and are too caught up in the "war".
Like this one

Redlancet

Banned
In what way is that salt ? Sony's offerings have a certain frame, a core, by which they are built. God of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, are all focused on story and characters - cinematic type of stuff. Even when you move to Days Gone, Horizon and Tsushima they are all following very safely the ubisoft and others games open world formula, doing nothing extra of note and they're still cinematic focused. Sony has a very specific type of games that they make and they've been making them for a long time.

I happen to find this type of gamedesign the most primitive and unambitious imaginable. I do not care for my games to be bombastic and cinematic when gamedesign like Deus Ex, System Shock or Thief exists in the world
what a excellent display of lies, nonsense and false claims, bravo

Last edited:

Most of these people claiming this game as the reason to buy a PS5 will either not buy it or drop it after a few days when they realize they lack the skill and aren't being led by the hand through an interactive movie.

It’s gorgeous looking, like a lot of PlayStation exclusive games however I have zero interest in playing it. As I said I don’t have the patience or skill for Souls like games .

Hendrick's

Like this one

INOr2RP.jpg

Papacheeks

Banned
Spider-Man you can play on your PS4 though.

It's not going to look like PS5 version nor will it have the same experience with a dual shock 4 then a dual sense.

Demons souls you can' t play on PS4, neither can destruction all stars.

Everyone saw how good miles morales looked, it's not going to have ray tracing, or a lot of the effects you saw on PS4 version. Biggest thing will be load screens and fast travel.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned

It is salt, we get that what Sony makes may not be everyone's cup of tea. But quality wise they are literally on such a high bar production wise it's hard to ignore the impact they have on buyers outside of sites like these.

It is salt, we get that what Sony makes may not be everyone's cup of tea. But quality wise they are literally on such a high bar production wise it's hard to ignore the impact they have on buyers outside of sites like these.

Only 2 studios have standout production values, santa monica and naughty dog. All the others have smaller budgets, like horizon or days gone. Horizon was what, 40 million or around that ? Imagine that Crysis 2 back in 2011 costs as much. Darksiders 2 in 2012 cost 50 million. Besides the 2 studios i mentioned their games are just as 3rd party ones are

mcjmetroid

In the mind of salty fanboys? Yes its true
No it's true for everyone.

Are you denying that demon souls isn't a remake?

That it won't cost 80 dollars

Or that mile Morales isn't going to be a full length game and is even sold as a dlc on the PS4?

All of that is true.

Papacheeks

Banned
The only real next-gen technology. You send a million rats to trace a scene. Works. Every. Time.

Lol, JUST CAUGHT it. Thanks.

RAT TRACING LOL.

Only 2 studios have standout production values, santa monica and naughty dog. All the others have smaller budgets, like horizon or days gone. Horizon was what, 40 million or around that ? Imagine that Crysis 2 back in 2011 costs as much. Darksiders 2 in 2012 cost 50 million. Besides the 2 studios i mentioned their games are just as 3rd party ones are

Wow, so your saying because a game has a small budget you can't have great production value? Hellblade says hi.

Days gone, Ghost of tsushima were done with smaller budgets, and in the early stages much smaller teams.

Just because you have a small budget doesn't mean the end product is that much of a lesser quality.

SO your saying you don't think days gone, ghost, or horizon have the same quality as other titles?

Jesus you are fucking salty, lol.

To ignore you go.

Last edited:
Wow, so your saying because a game has a small budget you can't have great production value? Hellblade says hi.

Days gone, Ghost of tsushima were done with smaller budgets, and in the early stages much smaller teams.

Just because you have a small budget doesn't mean the end product is that much of a lesser quality.

SO your saying you don't think days gone, ghost, or horizon have the same quality as other titles?

Jesus you are fucking salty, lol.

To ignore you go.

Nowhere in my post did i say that. You replied, i dont know why because nobody was talking about that, how sony games have this high bar of production quality. I responded that except 2 studios, they dont. They're of average industry quality and polish, production wise. O have no idea how you came up with your post

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
What I mean is that Miles Morales, Sackboy and Astro's Playroom (which is confirmed to be a 4-5 hour game) are all going to be great because Insomniac, Sumo and Asobi Team are really talented studios with a proven track record; and regarding Demon's Souls, the original it's already an amazing game, so the remake will be on par with it or maybe even better.

The one that I have doubts about it's quality is Destruction AllStars, hence the "4 out of 5 games are going to be great" statement from my previous post.

Insomniac and Sumo have made meh to bad games in their past and Asobi has made one game AFAIK and they aren’t making a game, they’re making a demo. I have no doubts the Spider-Man expansion will be quality, I got the plat in the base game. Maybe Sackboy will be great like the MM LBP games, maybe it will just be ok like the Sumo Digital LBP game.

Maybe you just have a low bar for “great”. Given that weak criteria, I could safely say many of the nine Xbox titles in the OP will be great but that would be silly.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Nowhere in my post did i say that. You replied, i dont know why because nobody was talking about that, how sony games have this high bar of production quality. I responded that except 2 studios, they dont. They're of average industry quality and polish, production wise. O have no idea how you came up with your post

You listed Santa Monica and Naughty dog which are known budget wise to be pretty high. And that would be because of the cutscene, mo-cap and size of studio.

That has bearing on the type of talent, amount of developers, and length of development time. Days gone was made with a longer dev time but smaller studio size, production wise has great visuals and great mo-cap.

Ghost of Tsushima is another one that I would put next to God of war in terms of quality of production. ANd that was with a smaller team, then ballooned closer to end of production.

The pattern I see is the quality of developers, artists, these studios have can give games close to what Naughty dog/SANTA monica produce.

Sony has quality studios period, small and large.

Putting you on ignore as it seems you like mental gymnastics.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Now THAT is a list of some generic looking ass shit.

Gears Tactics was OK, I guess... already finished that on PC tho.

Papacheeks

Banned
Now THAT is a list of some generic looking ass shit.

Gears Tactics was OK, I guess... already finished that on PC tho.

First year of Playstation is going to be hard on xbox for sure. 2022 looks like the time we will see more from XBox Game studios.

RATCHET, RETURNAL, Horizon, FF XVI(exclusive), GT7 all in the same year is nuts.

First year of Playstation is going to be hard on xbox for sure. 2022 looks like the time we will see more from XBox Game studios.

RATCHET, RETURNAL, Horizon, FF XVI(exclusive), GT7 all in the same year is nuts.
Quite the stretch being that none of them have release dates or even years attached to them at this point. Returnal does look interesting though.

Papacheeks

Banned
Quite the stretch being that none of them have release dates or even years attached to them at this point. Returnal does look interesting though.

I'm going by what we've seen gameplay wise. You could argue Horizon since we saw in-engine stuff, but not actual recorded gameplay. Ratchet is very far along it seems, and Insomniac work really fast and efficient.

GT7 looks like it's close, since we've seen gameplay and menu systems. Returnal also seems far along.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Man just imagine if we get GT7 this year; I'm not a car guy at all, but I just obsess over those games for some reason.

Imagine it being a suprise launch game.

Imagine me getting my pre order cancelled by my local store.

One of these actually happened.

Derktron

Banned
I am gonna be honest, those aren't the games Xbox would make me "force" to buy a Series X immediately. Sure they got better games coming in the future, but Sony has the far better launch games that make me say "holy, i need a PS5 at launch".
I said the same thing but again Spider-Man is coming to PS4 too and that’s one of the reasons why I purchased a PS4 so late into the generation.

Nubulax

Arent the two Bethesda Exclusive games out in 2021 prob too.. Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop. Launch + 2021 titles if God of War and FF16 actually do come out is going to be crazy. Not to mention we just had FF7 Remake, Ghosts and Last of US 2 come out within the year

Hendrick's

This is actual list of launch day next gen games: Including new games and updated games

• Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery)
  • Bright Memory (4K Ultra HD, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing, Console Exclusive)
  • Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Ray Tracing)
  • Dirt 5 (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery)
  • FIFA 21(4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Dual Entitlement)
  • Fortnite (4K Ultra HD)
  • Forza Horizon 4(4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • Gears 5(4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • Gears Tactics (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • Haven (4K Ultra HD, Game Pass)
  • Madden NFL 21 (4K Ultra HD, HDR, Dual Entitlement)
  • Maneater (4K Ultra HD, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery)
  • Marvel’s Avengers (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery)
  • NBA 2K21 (4K Ultra HD, HDR)
  • Observer: System Redux (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing)
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • RPG Time: The Legend of Wright (Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive)
  • Samurai Shodown (4K Ultra HD)
  • Sea of Thieves (4K Ultra HD, HDR, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • Tetris Effect: Connected (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Game Pass, ID@Xbox)
  • The Falconeer (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, ID@Xbox)
  • Watch Dogs: Legion (4K Ultra HD, HDR, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery)
  • WRC 9 (4K Ultra HD, Smart Delivery)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (4K Ultra HD, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery)

Last edited:

Gorki247

I’m so damn excited for Call of the Sea it looks really good and unique.
Intrigued by Call of the Sea as well. The developers describe it as an Adventure Puzzle game. I assume something like The Witness? They also said its "a twist on the traditional H.P. Lovecraft works", which only adds to my interest.

I have been looking for some actual gameplay footage, but haven't found anything yet. Don't want to spoil too much, but just curious how it actually plays.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Arent the two Bethesda Exclusive games out in 2021 prob too.. Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop. Launch + 2021 titles if God of War and FF16 actually do come out is going to be crazy. Not to mention we just had FF7 Remake, Ghosts and Last of US 2 come out within the year

They are, totally forgot about those. Arkane seems to be having more issues than usual because of covid. So that could seriously be a late 2021-2022 game.

But regardless 2021 is stacked and others who are downplaying and dont believe a lot of those games are not coming out are in for a big surprise. Even people like Shinobi have hinted that the first 12 months of PS5 software is going to be crazy good.

Roufianos

Crossfire, Bright Memory and The Medium could be interesting. Yakuza too but I'm not giving MS kudos for artificially delaying the PS5 version.

Still, it's undeniably the worst launch line-up ever from a 1st party perspective by default. The box is promising though.

DonJorginho

Banned
Such a terrible launch line-up compared to other consoles and generations, however no-one can deny the amazing power that the box itself holds. Will be a beast for games like Avowed, Fable, Hellblade 2 and many more.

This is definitely going to sit nicely next to my PS5 Digital Edition this November.

Yep no Halo hurt them and was a mistake to rely on just that one title making it to launch. However spider man remastered on PS5 is like all those BC games you'll get on Xbox for free. For example I'm waiting for my series x to jump into gears 5 for the first time.

GymWolf

Gold Member
It's not going to look like PS5 version nor will it have the same experience with a dual shock 4 then a dual sense.

Demons souls you can' t play on PS4, neither can destruction all stars.

Everyone saw how good miles morales looked, it's not going to have ray tracing, or a lot of the effects you saw on PS4 version. Biggest thing will be load screens and fast travel.
I'm sorry if i sound like a jackass but i had a good chuckle at that part :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom