• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Indiana Jones and the Great Circle launches this December, Avowed in November

PS5 struggling by selling 530k in March is not the same thing as Xbox struggling and selling less than half in their strongest market

But I love how the new talking point is that “consoles are dead” again.

Heard that from Punished Miku Punished Miku and others lately
I didnt say that. I know which post you laughed at. I merely was pondering pros and cons if consoles ever get phased out. "If" is the key word. 10 years in the future things could change for any number of reasons. Or they could stay exactly the same.

And I dont follow talking points. I look at recent developments like everyone here and just say what I think all by myself.

MiguelItUp

Avowed was looking like it needed a lot more time in the oven. Indiana Jones looked pretty cool, but I hope it has a good loop and enough "game" to remain interesting.

Both coming out in 2024 feels like a massive stretch.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Doing their best to distract from PS5 Pro later this year.

it aint going to work lisa leslie GIF by The New Celebrity Apprentice

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I didnt say that. I know which post you laughed at. I merely was pondering pros and cons if consoles ever get phased out. "If" is the key word. 10 years in the future things could change for any number of reasons. Or they could stay exactly the same.

And I dont follow talking points. I look at recent developments like everyone here and just say what I think all by myself.

I don’t think consoles will ever go away, absent a radical change in distribution like the Cloud.

That requires Cloud to eliminate its current drawbacks which are unlikely any time soon (latency and compression)

As long as hardware is local, consoles will be a big market due to cost alone

Chukhopops

Any chance of a new Forza Horizon? Haven't heard anything about that...
It will be three years since FH5 so that seems fairly likely. Unless they switch to a new engine but that doesn’t seem particularly necessary.

Kinda wild that we might get a new Obsidian game, a new FH and Flight Sim with career mode.

Relaxing Parks And Recreation GIF

Puscifer

Yeah, they did. The environment visuals changed drastically from the original teaser and I recall seeing lots of complaints about that. I being one of them.
I was upset because I was up for a dark fantasy that had some color to it, nothing wrong with that. But then we got Medevil Fortnite and I was out!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What are you most excited about this year?
It was FF7 rebirth, dd2 and Stellar blade were my most awaited 2024 releases.

I will play Elden Ring DLC probably but this means I have to play the main game again all the way through.
Space Marine 2 maybe I guess... although low hopes.
Stalker 2 of course but I expect bad.
Hellblade 2 also but it did fell off my hype list.
EDF6 fuck yeah !

It was FF7 rebirth, dd2 and Stellar blade were my most awaited 2024 releases.

I will play Elden Ring DLC probably but this means I have to play the main game again all the way through.
Space Marine 2 maybe I guess... although low hopes.
Stalker 2 of course but I expect bad.
Hellblade 2 also but it did fell off my hype list.
EDF6 fuck yeah !
Straight into trash

Just kidding, I'm looking forward to Space Marine 2 for sure. I always forget about that one.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Do you think a great Astrobot game (reviewed 86% or higher) could outsell Starfield on Xbox consoles only?

I think Starfield and Avowed are flash in the pan games (relevant for a week or two) that will be dwarfed by a new PlayStation Studios release in Q4 2024.

Top Bottom