• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox will have 9 Console Launch exclusives at it's holiday launch.

mcjmetroid

Both launches a terrible.
Saying that at least some of these could be breakout hits. Doubtful but you never know. Not interested in remakes or DLC games.

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario World
I'm glad you said that. Mario 3 was way better than Super Mario 1. Mario Kart and Chrono Trigger were way better than any launch SNES game. Now that I think about it Zelda Ocarina of Time was better than Mario 64. Yeah XSX not having tons of amazing launch titles means nothing. If nothing changes at the END of the generation you have a point. It's about how you finish a race not start it.

Zog

Banned
I'm glad you said that. Mario 3 was way better than Super Mario 1. Mario Kart and Chrono Trigger were way better than any launch SNES game. Now that I think about it Zelda Ocarina of Time was better than Mario 64. Yeah XSX not having tons of amazing launch titles means nothing. If nothing changes at the END of the generation you have a point. It's about how you finish a race not start it.

Well, the first SMB sold alot of NES's and Mario World sold alot of SNES's. So there's that.

Has 12 minutes with James McAvoy been confirmed yet as a launch title? I like the look of that, The Falconeer too.

As for the rest, I’m not feeling it. I can see the potential in Bright Memory , it’s very short though from what I read , I can potentially see the “Gamepass fodder” jibes with it too. The full experience is out next year called Infinite.

With a matter of weeks from launch I would much preferred the media hands on previews of the system to have started with some of these games rather than backwards compatibility, only so much I can listen and read about that stuff!

All GamePass filler titles... Like none of them is even worth a thread that will remain on the main page of the site for more than a few minutes.

Pick your reaction gif:
NOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gif

RegularYoungCamel-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

21-Crazy-Laugh-Gif.gif

Laugh-GIF-Image-13.gif

200.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

picgifs-laughing-0304594.gif

tenor.gif

laughing.gif

b-laugh.gif

Call me crazy, but I think The Medium actually looks pretty neat. I only wish we had these consoles in October for that sweet sweet Halloween playthrough.

Perrott

Both launches a terrible.
Saying that at least some of these could be breakout hits. Doubtful but you never know. Not interested in remakes or DLC games.
How are Spider-Man Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Destruction AllStars, Astro's Playroom and Sackboy a terrible launch lineup? At least four out of those five games are gonna be great. If you are not interested in any of them, well, that's your problem and it definitely doesn't make PS5's launch lineup a bad one.

Last edited:

theddub

Banned
How are Spider-Man Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Destruction AllStars, Astro's Playroom and Sackboy a terrible launch lineup? At least four out of those five games are gonna be great. If you are not interested in any of them, well, that's your problem and it definitely doesn't make PS5's launch lineup a bad one.
There's one game on that list that I'm interested in... destruction all-stars....that's it.

You know what... Thank you. You have really opened our eyes to how poor MS is doing with this launch. Nobody here saw it before this moment. My guess is everybody who reads your post is going to run out and cancel their preorder. Seriously.. thank you for your service.

Tschumi

That's a really weak few B level games. They don't even have the title for that honey i shrunk the kids one because it's already on PC..

You know what... Thank you. You have really opened our eyes to how poor MS is doing with this launch. Nobody here saw it before this moment. My guess is everybody who reads your post is going to run out and cancel their preorder. Seriously.. thank you for your service.
I assume some people get a commission for every PS5 console sold. Some people don't want to play single player 3rd person titles. People have different tastes and for some PS5 doesn't meet their gaming tastes. But since this is a thread about Xbox titles I'm shocked many came to talk about how great Ps5 is and Xbox is not. Thanks guys!

I assume some people get a commission for every PS5 console sold. Some people don't want to play single player 3rd person titles. People have different tastes and for some PS5 doesn't meet their gaming tastes. But since this is a thread about Xbox titles I'm shocked many came to talk about how great Ps5 is and Xbox is not. Thanks guys!
Well, there was an expectation set, we wanted to see something amazing... and it felt like we were tricked into clicking on the thread just to see a list of shovelware titles, quickly developed so MS can boast about having x number of games on GamePass...

Antwix

I would've thought they would have tried to push out Flight Simulator out at launch. I'm sure that would be a pretty compelling launch title for a lot of people who don't have a decent PC.

supernova8

Banned
Do you not know how to read? "Console Exclusive"... Or you trying to spin this shit around?

It's still not a new game - the point stands.
Same goes for Yakuza 7. So fucking what I played it on PS4 a while back. It isn't even that good they fucking ruined it with turn-based bullshit.

I would be possibly interested in The Medium and Call of the Sea at a push but yeah that's a shit "exclusive" lineup.

edit: Only a matter of time before the same old Xbox foot soldiers to come shouting with the same old nonsense and verbal acrobatic bollocks.
Playstation also has a shit launch lineup so you can forget the same old whataboutery.

24u3iP8.jpg

Last edited:
Well, there was an expectation set, we wanted to see something amazing... and it felt like we were tricked into clicking on the thread just to see a list of shovelware titles, quickly developed so MS can boast about having x number of games on GamePass...
This game lineup is one part of what the XSX offers. Another part is the extensive backward compatibility that significantly updates older titles and runs them in ways much better than they ran before. The other part is Game Pass which you claim is 'shovelware' but of course games like Gears 5, Forza, Wasteland, Doom, etc, etc are shovelware to you so that says far more about your tastes than anything about the Xbox brand. You don't like the Xbox don't buy one but not everyone has your ahem... gaming tastes.

diffusionx

Gold Member

Just because you don't like what MS is doing doesn't mean you're a Sony shill.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member

So two out of three with Sackboy, the Astro pack in DEMO, and that Rocket League x Fortnite game are going to be “great”?

Can I just blindly say six of the nine titles in the OP are going to be great? Awesome.

What happened to scorn? Either way I’m only getting cyberpunk — none of these interest me

EDIT: And Sony’s launch ain’t much better - may pick up Demon Souls tho

Last edited:

Perrott

So two out of three with Sackboy, the Astro pack in DEMO, and that Rocket League x Fortnite game are going to be “great”?

Can I just blindly say six of the nine titles in the OP are going to be great? Awesome.
What I mean is that Miles Morales, Sackboy and Astro's Playroom (which is confirmed to be a 4-5 hour game) are all going to be great because Insomniac, Sumo and Asobi Team are really talented studios with a proven track record; and regarding Demon's Souls, the original it's already an amazing game, so the remake will be on par with it or maybe even better.

The one that I have doubts about it's quality is Destruction AllStars, hence the "4 out of 5 games are going to be great" statement from my previous post.

MrMephistoX

Goddam thats a terrible line up. Lmfao

Pretty rough. The one had a vastly superior lineup to PS4 but the tables have turned. I actually loved Dead Rising 3 as a launch title it felt next gen with that insane zombie count and Killer Instinct was amazing.

supernova8

Banned
Pretty rough. The one had a vastly superior lineup to PS4 but the tables have turned. I actually loved Dead Rising 3 as a launch title it felt next gen with that insane zombie count and Killer Instinct was amazing.

The Xbox One launch lineup was pretty good yeah. Just a shame they lost my purchase by trying to force me to buy the Kinect. Sure they dropped it later but by that time I'd already bought a PS4. I was a mainly 360 gamer until they started fucking around with Kinect, Sports and teee veeeeeee.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
No.. but if you feel the need to go into every xbox thread to tell everyone that you don't like what xbox is doing then you are acting like one.

Nah I disagree. People are free to go into Playstation threads and do the exact same thing. It's what gives us a balance. Otherwise we have people being too negative or too positive.

Nah I disagree. People are free to go into Playstation threads and do the exact same thing. It's what gives us a balance. Otherwise we have people being too negative or too positive.
A troll is a troll regardless of where they post. Its not balance, it's stupidity. I don't have an issue if people are contributing to the conversation or being constructive, but that isn't what happens. You typically get the same handful of people gargling Sony's nuts in every xbox thread. I'm certain several of them have lost their gag reflex by now.

DavidGzz

If I wasn't a Souls fanboy this lineup looks better than PS5's. The Ascent is my second most wanted behind Demon's Souls. Solid launch.

mcjmetroid

How are Spider-Man Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Destruction AllStars, Astro's Playroom and Sackboy a terrible launch lineup?
1 is a dlc game with the original game included that isn't even going to be available physically

1 is a remake. And well it's demons souls. I say this a big dark souls fan but.. I ain't getting a new console for a remake of the first game in the series. If elden ring launched with the system and was a timed exclusive I may have to jump.
Because this is the biggest game they have that is available physically I'm to assume that demon souls is their flagship launch game and well... It's not quite as exciting as Bloodborne for the PS4 launch is it? I can't think of a console that launched with a remake as their main game.

And the rest? Cmon

Yes it's a bad lineup. But most consoles have shit launches. From both this is the worst in recent memory though.

Point is both consoles have bad launch lineups. No fan has the right to laugh at the other.

Last edited:

Redlancet

Banned
1 is a dlc game with the original game included that isn't even going to be available physically

1 is a remake. And well it's demons souls. I say this a big dark souls fan but.. I ain't getting a new console for a remake of the first game in the series. If elden ring launched with the system and was a timed exclusive I may have to jump.
Because this is the biggest game they have that is available physically I'm to assume that demon souls is their flagship launch game and well... It's not quite as exciting as Bloodborne for the PS4 launch is it? I can't think of a console that launched with a remake as their main game.

And the rest? Cmon

Yes it's a bad lineup. But most consoles have shit launches. From both this is the worst in recent memory though.

Point is both consoles have bad launch lineups. No fan has the right to laugh at the other.

i love how people trying to dismiss ps5 launch games, bubuu its a remake...bubuub its a dlc..buubu 80 euros...you are not fooling anyone dude

Perrott

What's wrong with you guys? Please stop with these bullshit of downplaying Miles Morales and Demon's Souls by calling them "DLC and a remake" when in reality MM is the follow up to a best-selling PS4 game based on a super popular IP and a standalone game in it's own right; and regarding Demon's Souls, it is foolish to say that it is a remake as it was a bad thing when not only it's a project that people has been begging for during the last couple of years, but because two of the biggest releases from the past two years were Resident Evil 2 and Final Fantasy 7. The hype is real with Demon's Souls and it is the most anticipated title of the holiday season after Cyberpunk.
And the rest? Cmon
Tell me, has Sackboy become an irrelevant title just because you say that? LittleBigPlanet has been one of PlayStation's most successful franchises and Sackboy: A Big Adventure, a spin-off based on said franchise, looks like another great platformer by Sumo Digital - a studio that has delivered quality Nintendo-like games in recent times.

And Astro's Playroom is a spin-off game to one of the most critically acclaimed platformers of the past decade, so stop treating it like if it was Knack 3 ffs.

What? Are you REALLY telling me that PS4's launch with Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, The Playroom and Resogun (the only worth playing game out of the four, but an indie title given on PS Plus nonetheless) was better than Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Destruction AllStars, Astro's Playroom and Sackboy?

I can't believe some things that I've read on this thread. Y'all are so disconnected from reality that there's no point in arguing about this.

JimiNutz

Banned

The PS5 launch would have been incredible if Miles Morales and Sackboy weren't also PS4 games.

Demon's Souls being a remake weakens it's impact as well.

Astro's Playroom will be a fun 4 hour distraction I'm sure.

Destruction All-Stars looks promising but they still haven't really shown us any gameplay and it will live and die by its online community.

It is still better than Xbox but neither launch is good.

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
I always wondered why people who never had any intention on buying Xbox Series systems are always in Xbox threads commenting that they aren't interested in the system.

It's just the same with the XBox fans in PS threads, don't pretend it isn't.

Back O/T, this launch line up is the blandest fucking thing since I ate cold pasta once, and I for one will be cancelling my Series X pre-order (which never existed).

highrider

Banned
Neither console has an impressive launch title imo. Like nothing that would make me even consider a launch purchase lol. Demon’s Souls probably looks the best of what I’ve seen but its a remake of a game I didn’t particularly enjoy. If you’re a PS guy with your chest puffed out lol, there’s just no must haves there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom