• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox will have 9 Console Launch exclusives at it's holiday launch.

GymWolf

Gold Member
SO you have one?
No, but it mostly gonna be a gimmick that is not gonna change the experience more than 5% if you really care about these things, it's a god damn vibration and maybe some resistence from the trigger (not annoying in the slightest i bet...), No matter how good the vibration is, it's not gonna change the experience for people who don't care about controller gimmicks, probably the majority of hardcore gamers.

Also i can ask you the same thing, do you already tried a dual sense??

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
No, but it mostly gonna be a gimmick that is not gonna change the experience more than 5% if you really care about these things, it's a god damn vibration and maybe some resistence from the trigger (not annoying in the slightest i bet...), No matter how good the vibration is, it's not gonna change the experience for people who don't care about controller gimmicks, probably the majority of hardcore gamers.

Also i can ask you the same thing, do you already tried a dual sense??

Yes. I have.

Papacheeks

Banned
Any thoughts? I'm open to change my mind.

Have you used a Pro controller?

It shits on that in terms of the feedback it gives you. They are losing money on these at $69.99. I held it for a minute or so, and got to feel haptics, and how gyro's in it work. For some people who never cared for that shit you might not have your mind changed. But for people who have invested in VR like valve's version with their controllers. it feels like this was a testing ground for what Sony is going to use for their VR controllers.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Have you used a Pro controller?

It shits on that in terms of the feedback it gives you. They are losing money on these at $69.99. I held it for a minute or so, and got to feel haptics, and how gyro's in it work. For some people who never cared for that shit you might not have your mind changed. But for people who have invested in VR like valve's version with their controllers. it feels like this was a testing ground for what Sony is going to use for their VR controllers.
The pro controller is the good not included gamepad for switch right??

No never tried.

But i care about vr,i have the rift and the quest and these type of gimmicks are far more important in vr where immersion is everything.

In a normal controller, while watching a screen i think they lose their reason to exist almost completely.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
The pro controller is the good gamepad for switch right??

No never tried.

yea, I have one. It's ok, the only thing that impressed me was playing splatoon with it. But shooting with the dual sense makes it seem like when they do release another vr, using a dual sense is a great option for people. Specifically racing.

GT7 looks like gran turismo, but if the demo I saw is a indication of how they implement feedback, it's going to be a kick ass experience once we have a full fledged PSVR 2 with something like GT7. It doesn't feel like a bunch of actuators and ruble bullshit in a shell going off no matter if your on a turn, braking ect.

It literally has subtleties for different scenario's like light braking, power sliding, if your car starts to really lean and you hit the gas too hard out of a turn and your rear starts to slip.

All this can be felt. How hard you pull back on the trigger for the brakes also took some time.

GymWolf

Gold Member
yea, I have one. It's ok, the only thing that impressed me was playing splatoon with it. But shooting with the dual sense makes it seem like when they do release another vr, using a dual sense is a great option for people. Specifically racing.

GT7 looks like gran turismo, but if the demo I saw is a indication of how they implement feedback, it's going to be a kick ass experience once we have a full fledged PSVR 2 with something like GT7. It doesn't feel like a bunch of actuators and ruble bullshit in a shell going off no matter if your on a turn, braking ect.

It literally has subtleties for different scenario's like light braking, power sliding, if your car starts to really lean and you hit the gas too hard out of a turn and your rear starts to slip.

All this can be felt. How hard you pull back on the trigger for the brakes also took some time.
I edited my post with some other stuff.

you mean the same generic cinematic 3rd person shit they make for the last 15 years ? Oh, they also have the janky looking one hit kill demon souls

What the fuck are you talking about?

Please tell me how God of War, Last of Us Part 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn among others are generic?

I guess you were too busy playing Crackdown 3 to really take note of good games. Did you enjoy a game that literally belongs to the Xbox 360 generation which offered zero innovation?

Get outta here with that Xbox fan boy whining. It's old.

Last edited:
Its coming to PS4.
I saw nothing about that on the Wiki but I'm sure there's confirmation that I haven't seen yet, thank you for the correction.

Please tell me how God of War, Last of Us Part 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn among others are generic?

I guess you were too busy playing Crackdown 3 to really take note of good games. Did you enjoy a game that literally belongs to the Xbox 360 generation which offered zero innovation?

I don't like Horizon much if at all. I find PlayStation action-adventure games to be overrated as can be but anything that isn't a shooter or racer on Xbox are just flat out mediocre experiences. I'd rather take the improved games like God of War and TLOU2 that have some RPG elements thrown in to enhance the gameplay experience.

The frame that they use is primitive, simplistic and generic. Horizon actually, in the truest sense is one of the most banal and mediocre offerings out there. Trully. You climb painted walls, you pick plants, crafting, running around a mostrly empty map, skill tree. Its some of the most basic structured games out there. I always knew is was way overblown when it was a ps4 game, by its fans, but having played it now on PC, jesus christ, its a 5 or at max 6/10 game. The reception is trully mind bending.

As i've already pointed out, the frame on which sony's games are built on is about the same - the bombastic, extremely, excedeengly story drive adventures, reliant on script triggering and low player agency, that are mostly interested in presenting the players with a story and characters instead of deep systems or agency.

Jokerevo

Banned
PC <cough>.

The launch lineups of either consoles would have to be pure amazeballs to make me buy on launch day, because I'm sure like many others right now:

giphy.gif

If you haven't been able to save money during this global crisis then you're doomed lol.

Every single gamer friend I know has a pre-order or is going to buy on launch/Xmas. Why? Transport/fuel savings alone = piles of savings.

Jokerevo

Banned
The frame that they use is primitive, simplistic and generic. Horizon actually, in the truest sense is one of the most banal and mediocre offerings out there. Trully. You climb painted walls, you pick plants, crafting, running around a mostrly empty map, skill tree. Its some of the most basic structured games out there. I always knew is was way overblown when it was a ps4 game, by its fans, but having played it now on PC, jesus christ, its a 5 or at max 6/10 game. The reception is trully mind bending.

As i've already pointed out, the frame on which sony's games are built on is about the same - the bombastic, extremely, excedeengly story drive adventures, reliant on script triggering and low player agency, that are mostly interested in presenting the players with a story and characters instead of deep systems or agency.

You didn't find the combat in HZD engaging? I mean I agree with the other stuff but the combat, especially on higher difficulties...all the strategies you can employ...I mean to give you some guidance I found the Witcher 3 to be the inverse: amazing story but absolutely shite combat: the collision detection and infinite dodge?!? You know a combat engine sucks when the dev bestows you infinite dodge to spam as you please.

For reference what games actually blow you out of the water on Xbox or Pc or whatever?

And MS games do things differently how?

Crackdown 3 is a generic piece of trash that MS were promoting as their huge triple A exclusive. It's a cookie cutter waste of an open world game that is outdone by literally everything else on the market right now. Its an embarrassment for MS to have THAT as part of their exclusive line up.

Or do you mean to bring up State of Decay 2? A buggy, generic, boring mess of an open world zombie survival game. Wow REAL innovative.

Horizon had a great story, fantastic combat system, innovative takes on fighting monsters, stunning graphics and terrific music.

God of War is a master piece.

You trying to shit on Sony exclusives as if they are generic crap is hilariously rich when we take a look at what MS had to offer this gen.

Last edited:
You didn't find the combat in HZD engaging? I mean I agree with the other stuff but the combat, especially on higher difficulties...all the strategies you can employ...I mean to give you some guidance I found the Witcher 3 to be the inverse: amazing story but absolutely shite combat: the collision detection and infinite dodge?!? You know a combat engine sucks when the dev bestows you infinite dodge to spam as you please.

For reference what games actually blow you out of the water on Xbox or Pc or whatever?

To tell you the truth, not really. Regarding the combat. Reason for this is, because it was too one note. Its overreliant on the dogde move and highlighting the enemy weak points which you then proceed to hit. Its has few variations in weapons and tools, but the bulk of its system is dodge, dodge and dodge some more, then shoot at the highlighted spot. You are doing this from beggining to end.

I play on PC, and games thay i think are good are broad. From Company of Heroes, Supreme Commander to Half Life 1, NOLF, to Sanitarium and Fallout 1 and so on. The biggest accomplishment in gaming is the Looking Glass gamedesign i feel.

Roberts

And MS games do things differently how?

Crackdown 3 is a generic piece of trash that MS were promoting as their huge triple A exclusive. It's a cookie cutter waste of an open world game that is outdone by literally everything else on the market right now. Its an embarrassment for MS to have THAT as part of their exclusive line up.

Or do you mean to bring up State of Decay 2? A buggy, generic, boring mess of an open world zombie survival game. Wow REAL innovative.

Horizon had a great story, fantastic combat system, innovative takes on fighting monsters, stunning graphics and terrific music.

God of War is a master piece.

You trying to shit on Sony exclusives as if they are generic crap is hilariously rich when we take a look at what MS had to offer this gen.

Don't get so upset. It is OK that you like Sony games and somebody doesn't. God of War is great, no doubt about that, and I understand why people like Horizon, but unlike you I have played Crackdown 3 and I actually found it to be more fun, even if its kind of braindead fun. Also, State of Decay 2 isnt buggy, at least when I played a few months ago. Both systems have good games and bad games, both systems produce games that appeal to a certain audience.

Don't get so upset. It is OK that you like Sony games and somebody doesn't. God of War is great, no doubt about that, and I understand why people like Horizon, but unlike you I have played Crackdown 3 and I actually found it to be more fun, even if its kind of braindead fun. Also, State of Decay 2 isnt buggy, at least when I played a few months ago. Both systems have good games and bad games, both systems produce games that appeal to a certain audience.

Why would you assume I haven't played Crackdown 3? I did. It was garbage. The end.

State of Decay 2 was hella buggy when it first came out and was still getting patches for its bugs last year.

There is no quality control with Xbox exclusive titles and it shows.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

I haven't been here that long but... does every thread that can be seen as MS vs Sony turn into this?

Anyways, The Medium looks kind of cool. Don't think MS is going to fare that well in the first year but maybe I'm selling gamepass a little short.
I don't feel the need to get another xbox yet... but am definitely looking for one.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Pity circumstance led to The Medium being released in November. A horror game would have benefitted so much being released in October and the amount of streaming, word of mouth and general eagerness to play scary games in October would have have helped it. However it looks awesome and hope everyone with an Xbox jumps on it and gives it a chance.

Roberts

Why would you assume I haven't played Crackdown 3? I did. It was garbage. The end.
I was just playing with you. I don't remember when and where, but I think there was a discussion about C3 and I remember that most people who actually played it for more than 10 minutes enjoyed it. And people who trashed it didn't. Or maybe I'm confusing it with Battletoads.
State of Decay 2 was hella buggy when it first came out and was still getting patches for its bugs last year.
Well, they are improving the game, adding new content. Of course there are going to patches.

Xbox fanboys badmouthing Sony's games are using self-defence mechanisms because of Sony fanboys ridiculing and bullying everything MS related for 7 years. It's childish and, as you said, tired and lazy, but it goes both ways.

Back to the topic: I hope Bloober have improved as developers and storytellers. I think their games are ok, but this one has 10x the hype of their previous games, so expectations are clearly a lot higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
It only seems terrible because most of these titles are unknown or seem uninspiring
The Falconeer and the Medium have a potential to be good games
Bright Infinite Memory has the potential to be good as well
They could all also turn out terribly but let's see how they are reviewed by critics and users
Where is Scorn?
I thought that released this year?

Yep on ps4. I mean a remake an a expansion that will be coming to ps4. I know demon soul is exclusive to ps5.
y'all can play that on your hot, loud ass jet engine PS4s with snail pace load times while I enjoy my quiet and cool PS5 with almost instant load times and ray tracing :messenger_sunglasses:
fight scene...load screen...cinematic...load sceen :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I was just playing with you. I don't remember when and where, but I think there was a discussion about C3 and I remember that most people who actually played it for more than 10 minutes enjoyed it. And people who trashed it didn't. Or maybe I'm confusing it with Battletoads.

Well, they are improving the game, adding new content. Of course there are going to patches.

Xbox fanboys badmouthing Sony's games are using self-defence mechanisms because of Sony fanboys ridiculing and bullying everything MS related for 7 years. It's childish and, as you said, tired and lazy, but it goes both ways.

Back to the topic: I hope Bloober have improved as developers and storytellers. I think their games are ok, but this one has 10x the hype of their previous games, so expectations are clearly a lot higher.

Fair enough. I agree with what your saying. Back on topic, The Medium is genuinely why I'm picking up an Xbox Series X on launch alongside the PS5.

I think Bloober teams past psychological horror games (my favourite genre and one I badly miss from the PS2 golden era of horror games), have all shown great potential but all have had flaws holding them back from true greatness. As an aside I think Observer is criminally underrated and I'm absolutely on board for Observer redux on day one. It's one of my favourite horror games of this generation.

This all makes The Medium something that I was really already on board though. Bringing in the composer of the OG SH games just absolutely cemented that game as a system seller for me. I'm such a huge fan of the classic Silent Hill games that that was more than enough to bring me on board.

This is actual list of launch day next gen games: Including new games and updated games

• Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery)
  • Bright Memory (4K Ultra HD, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing, Console Exclusive)
  • Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Ray Tracing)
  • Dirt 5 (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery)
  • FIFA 21(4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Dual Entitlement)
  • Fortnite (4K Ultra HD)
  • Forza Horizon 4(4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • Gears 5(4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • Gears Tactics (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • Haven (4K Ultra HD, Game Pass)
  • Madden NFL 21 (4K Ultra HD, HDR, Dual Entitlement)
  • Maneater (4K Ultra HD, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery)
  • Marvel’s Avengers (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery)
  • NBA 2K21 (4K Ultra HD, HDR)
  • Observer: System Redux (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing)
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • RPG Time: The Legend of Wright (Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive)
  • Samurai Shodown (4K Ultra HD)
  • Sea of Thieves (4K Ultra HD, HDR, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • Tetris Effect: Connected (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Game Pass, ID@Xbox)
  • The Falconeer (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, ID@Xbox)
  • Watch Dogs: Legion (4K Ultra HD, HDR, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery)
  • WRC 9 (4K Ultra HD, Smart Delivery)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (4K Ultra HD, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery)
You can't fit existing games in a "launch day" list... The expression loses all its sense.

They can make the tagline of the XBOX Series X for the Christmas season: XBOX, swimming in 7s.

Really underwhelming lineup. Microsoft clearly put all their hopes in Halo. But they are at fault here for just trusting in the developer and putting a blind eye on it, until they realized that it was mediocre at best and needs much more time. I mean you don't just hire a new project lead, if just the graphics need to be improved.

Sony's lineup has good potential, but Spider-man looks a little bit like more of the same (which can also be a good thing). I have the highest hopes for Demon Souls, but it needs to be seen if Bluepoint was able to perfectly convert the fighting system and feeling.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Its funny the games I think are best of the launch holiday besides cyberpunk are the smaller studio titles kena, the ascent, falconeer and medium. Kena would totally steal the launch if not for the vocal souls heads I think it will be the best original exclusive for either.

Melchiah

This MS fan boy rhetoric of calling every Sony driven story game as generic trash is just boring, tired and lazy.

Not to mention, that early on this gen PS4 was called Indiestation, and had no games because indies aren't real games (LOL), but now it's entirely different matter when those indies are timed exclusive to XBX. The change in the narrative is hilariously hypocritical.

Bright Memory Infinite is releasing in November? I haven't played the first release yet, only snagged it for $7 on a steam sale because I'll get a free upgrade lol

yurinka

This is actual list of launch day next gen games: Including new games and updated games

• Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery)
  • Bright Memory (4K Ultra HD, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing, Console Exclusive)
  • Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Ray Tracing)
  • Dirt 5 (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery)
  • FIFA 21(4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Dual Entitlement)
  • Fortnite (4K Ultra HD)
  • Forza Horizon 4(4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • Gears 5(4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • Gears Tactics (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • Haven (4K Ultra HD, Game Pass)
  • Madden NFL 21 (4K Ultra HD, HDR, Dual Entitlement)
  • Maneater (4K Ultra HD, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery)
  • Marvel’s Avengers (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery)
  • NBA 2K21 (4K Ultra HD, HDR)
  • Observer: System Redux (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing)
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • RPG Time: The Legend of Wright (Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive)
  • Samurai Shodown (4K Ultra HD)
  • Sea of Thieves (4K Ultra HD, HDR, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • Tetris Effect: Connected (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Game Pass, ID@Xbox)
  • The Falconeer (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, ID@Xbox)
  • Watch Dogs: Legion (4K Ultra HD, HDR, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery)
  • WRC 9 (4K Ultra HD, Smart Delivery)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (4K Ultra HD, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery)

I tried to split the list in groups:

NEXT GEN ONLY STUFF

Indie next-gen only console exclusives made by a single guy
  • Bright Memory (previously available on PC)
  • The Falconeer

Next gen only multis
  • Haven
  • Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition *
* = Refurbished previous gen multi with improved visuals (same in PS5) and a some extra features and content

CROSS-GEN AND REFURBISHED PREVIOUS GEN STUFF

Indie cross-gen console exclusive
  • RPG Time: The Legend of Wright

Series X version of already existing previous gen console exclusives
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Gears 5
  • Gears Tactics
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Sea of Thieves

Crossgen multis / refurbished already existing previous gen multis with same next gen improvements in PS5 & same free/paid upgrade option in PS5 where available
  • Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla
  • Dirt 5
  • FIFA 21
  • Fortnite
  • Madden NFL 21
  • Maneater
  • NBA 2K21
  • Marvel’s Avengers
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Tetris Effect: Connected *
  • Watch Dogs: Legion
  • WRC 9
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon **
  • Observer: System Redux
* = Original game was PS4 console exclusive, this version is console exclusive but it's the same game with only an additional new game mode.
** = Timed exclusive for next gen consoles. Already available for PS4 in Japan, will be released in the west on PS4, XBO, Series X|S at the same time, and for PS5 later, in March 2, 2021.

Last edited:
Top Bottom