• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox thought Bethesda/Zenimax was worth $10.5B at the time of purchase but they acquired them for $7.5B

Cyberpunkd

No one is going to sit there and pay for a service they arnt using.
On the contrary, this is baked into the business model of every subscription service. I don’t like Kotaku, but this article from yesterday is spot on:

If everyone would apply ‘i only pay when I use it’ strategy all the subscription services would collapse overnight. That’s why all billing is always recurring by default.

Last edited:

A.Romero

Reminder that you're defending the same "analysts" who have projected a target of 100M Game Pass users by 2028 between console, PC, mobile and cloud.

It's 2023 and they're still stuck below 30M, so let me doubt the part about them "knowing better" than anyone with common sense around here.
First of all they are not necessarily the same analysts. Companies like Microsoft have whole teams dedicated to analize M&A operations.

I also think it looks unlikely they will reach 100M subs by 2028 but they are two different topics.

Top Bottom