• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox series S | X enhanced launch games

-Arcadia-

Banned
While expected, something I really like here is just a straight shot of 4K right down the list.

While I understand the technology wasn’t there yet, 1440p and the like always irk me. It’s notably better, but nowhere near as good as good as 4K (or really well-done fake 4K, like one of Rise of the Tomb Raider’s modes) can look.

I’m really excited for games that more consistently use this standard.

Allandor

Funny thing is, otto.de has deal with MS (extra registration needed) where some can get the xbox on 6th november instead of the 10th. Question is, are the patches available on that date.

MilkyJoe

That has to be the worst launch lineup in history

You forgetting the PS4 launch lineup?

Angry Birds Star Wars, Activision
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Ubisoft
Call of Duty Ghosts, Activison
FIFA 14, EA Sports
Battlefield 4, Electronic Arts
Just Dance 2014, Ubisoft
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Madden NFL 25, EA Sports
NBA 2K14, 2K Sports
Flower
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Resogun
Sound Shapes
Escape Plan
Flow

FIFA 14, EA Sports
Just Dance 2014, Ubisoft
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Madden NFL 25, EA Sports
NBA 2K14, 2K Sports
Flower
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Resogun
Sound Shapes
Escape Plan
Flow

At least they had a AAA first party game at launch and it still holds up visually to more recent games.

ROMhack

Pre-ordered one of these on a whim yesterday just because.

I wasn't even aware Dirt 5 was coming out so I think that'll be my main launch game, in addition to Lost Odyssey (never got a chance to play it).

Excited too about a lot of the Game Pass titles I never got around to - Dragon Quest XI, both Ori's, Yakuza 1/2, Halo Master Chef Collection, FFXV, Thimbleweed Park, Wasteland 3.

Digital? Yep, has it's limitations but I think this is a great choice for those like me who didn't always keep up with the latest games last gen. Very happy treating it like Netflix fo Games.

Edit - Flight Simulator too!

Last edited:

Yoboman

FIFA 14, EA Sports
Just Dance 2014, Ubisoft
Madden NFL 25, EA Sports
NBA 2K14, 2K Sports
Flower
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Resogun
Sound Shapes
Escape Plan
Flow
This is much worse

Spaceman292

Banned

FIFA 14, EA Sports
Just Dance 2014, Ubisoft
Madden NFL 25, EA Sports
NBA 2K14, 2K Sports
Flower
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Resogun
Sound Shapes
Escape Plan
Flow
AC4 was a banger tho

Orky

Banned
I'm in, good enough for me also don't forget all the 360, one and OG xbox titles. What are all these amazing exclusive PS5 launch titles outside Miles Morales expansion pack that are available at launch?

miles morales comes to PS4 too though, so it’s not really exclusive.

MilkyJoe

All that lines all over the place shit?

the HUD

xmhN9m5.jpeg

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Didn't we also get a NFS game for the PS4 launch?

That PS4 list does offer a good dose of perspective. I had mine on launch day trying to will myself to enjoy Killzone.

Slaylock

FIFA 14, EA Sports
Just Dance 2014, Ubisoft
Madden NFL 25, EA Sports
NBA 2K14, 2K Sports
Flower
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Resogun
Sound Shapes
Escape Plan
Flow

I bought a PS4 on day one, but didn't buy any games to go with it. I won't buy any games for my XSS (just what's on Game Pass) and will only buy Miles Morales for my PS5 (maybe).

I guess I'm one of those "buy for potential" guys.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
COD, Cyberpunk, and Gamepass will be more than enough for me. I'll get the Watchdogs game when it hits $40.

The Alien

Banned
So Sony fans are really clamoring for
Astro's Playroom, Destruction All Stars, and Sackboy? Lol. Ok. I guess some people are salty that Bugsnax won't be available on launch for PS5. 😢

Conversley, the PS5 launch line up consists of a remake (Demon's Souls - which looks great), upgraded DLC (Miles Morales - which I can play on my PS4), a timed exclusive (Godfall) and Fortnite.

I'm fine with the games Microsoft will have in their launch window (Gears 5 upgrades, Falconeer looks great, Medium, 12 Minutes, 2nd Extinction). Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but im excited.

Besides, with industry leading back compat, GamePass (now with EA Play), new studio output.....and if course, grear games made by Bethesda (Doom Eternal on GamePass 10/1). I kinda think I'm gonna have a pretty good time with game offerings from XBox.

And this is why I’m getting a PS5. Not even 1 new, first party title. Not 1.

Last edited:
So Sony fans are really clamoring for
Astro's Playroom, Destruction All Stars, and Sackboy? Lol. Ok. I guess some people are salty that Bugsnax won't be available on launch for PS5. 😢

Conversley, the PS5 launch line up consists of a remake (Demon's Souls - which looks great), upgraded DLC (Miles Morales - which I can play on my PS4), a timed exclusive (Godfall) and Fortnite.

I'm fine with the games Microsoft will have in their launch window (Gears 5 upgrades, Falconeer looks great, Medium, 12 Minutes, 2nd Extinction). Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but im excited.

Besides, with industry leading back compat, GamePass (now with EA Play), new studio output.....and if course, grear games made by Bethesda (Doom Eternal on GamePass 10/1). I kinda think I'm gonna have a pretty good time with game offerings from XBox.

Has 12 Minutes been confirmed as a launch title? I’ve liked what I saw so far. I wonder if it’s on Gamepass too?

The Alien

Banned
Has 12 Minutes been confirmed as a launch title? I’ve liked what I saw so far. I wonder if it’s on Gamepass too?
Not launch, but confirmed for "launch window".

It does looks super interesting and unique. Has a pretty good voice cast too (Willem Defoe, James McAvoy, Dailey Ridley). Put out by AnnaPurna...so it'll at least be interesting/different.

Top Bottom