• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox series S | X enhanced launch games

Shew.... this gives me time to save up, let them work out the kinks in the design (red ring of death type events), and get some other games out. Still plan on getting at some point (along with a PS5) but i see nothing that is calling me to buy this thing immediately.

xiseerht

This is clearly not a Neo Gaf type of lineup. But for the 95 % of other gamers. The lineup is just fine. I honestly don't have an issue with it. I lived through the N64 launch (sad , but Mario 64 was amazing) Dreamcast ( Amazing launch , system was done in 14 months) .

And with that my interest in the new system shrank somewhat.
Although they haven't talked specific dates yet, they hint at a 2021 release.
They have also said ~6 months ago that they started working from home even before the pandemic measures were in effect, that their work flow is good and even that certain aspects of their development have positive dynamics.

INC

Now I see why the series s has such a small ssd, fuck all to put on it, smart think by ms tbh

Seriously tho, thats poor

iJudged

Banned
Madden 21 alone sells this! Can't wait to glitch out into a netherworld
883131197133797294.gif

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Bah, i'm still 6-12 months behind on current games, this will work out great as the x will play them well. In some ways better I waited for enhanced versions (forza, gears)

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Disappointing so far. If you invest at launch, it looks like it’s going to be for potential more than anything.

I had hoped to see some compelling third party games for this Fall, looking their best on Series X, but it doesn’t seem like that’s happening either, leaving this as one of the rougher launches in a while.

I’m hoping we see more game upgrades announced. It’ll make the wait (that shouldn’t exist) for interesting content easier, to be able to play existing games at their absolute best, 4K, 120 FPS, etc.

Not much can be said other than not good enough. If the Xbox brand lived in a vacuum that is an OK list, but it does not. It competes with PS.

RussellXV

Aren't half of the game out now?
Going through the list of Day 1 games, only 6 games being sold at retail are either new or have next gen versions (built for next gen, not enhanced)? Assassin's Creed, Fifa 21, Madden 21, NBA 2K21, Watch Dogs, and Yakuza.

Hey guys, what are the chances we see this list added to? Do you think this is preliminary, and more stuff could come, more updates be announced, etc.?

I was thinking maybe MS moneyhats the Batman game (but that didn't happen) or the unnanounced Harry Potter game (didn't get announced). Unlikely it expands barring some small AA title perhaps. Still, you have the price announcement "event" that was supposed to be next week - maybe a moneyhat was there. If I were in Philochio's shoes I would definitely do a big moneyhat. Not much else left in the toolkit.

Last edited:

Murdoch

I wasn't going to get an X at launch but I'll probably jump on the all access X as my gamespass is about to expire anyway.

I'm looking forward to playing some games I've not got around to finishing at native 4k60.

The value proposition is simply the fact I won't have to buy hardly any software for the lifetime of the machine... I've spent thousands on the switch keeping that baby fed 😂

I was really looking forward to picking up a Series X at launch, but the list looks really disappointing.
A bit weird to advertise it as the most powerful console but to have nothing to show it off with.
Hope they still have some surprises left but it somehow doesn't look like it.

Ma-Yuan

If thats a launch list its very disappointing. I mean 0 own exclusive Games that are not already out in some kind of form? Or did I miss something?

Hey guys, what are the chances we see this list added to? Do you think this is preliminary, and more stuff could come, more updates be announced, etc.?
I wouldn't call it premature, but mature.
I think everybody who has been through many console launches understands.
This is a no-bullshit list of the nextgen enhanced games that you can pick right up and play.
Not the "I promise you" "launch window" a-year-later bullshit.
And yes, it is a list in progress of course :]

Redlight

I wouldn't call it premature, but mature.
I think everybody who has been through many console launches understands.
This is a no-bullshit list of the nextgen enhanced games that you can pick right up and play.
Not the "I promise you" "launch window" a-year-later bullshit.
And yes, it is a list in progress of course :]
I think an honest list like this is a good idea.

The unfortunate thing is that it'll be compared (fairly, I'm sure :pie_eyeroll:) to the fantasy 'launch decade' games coming from a certain competitor.

Batten down the hatches!

I think an honest list like this is a good idea.

The unfortunate thing is that it'll be compared (fairly, I'm sure :pie_eyeroll:) to the fantasy 'launch decade' games coming from a certain competitor.

Batten down the hatches!
Since I'm also picking up a ps5, maybe I will do the same thing for that too

Pasedo

I don't know man. I'd say the standard for most gamers like myself is that there's a huge backlog of games over the last few years that we just didn't get the chance to play. This is why I love the Gamepass concept of being able to finally play these games. I only bought an Xbox One X recently for this purpose and I'm loving it. When I upgrade to this I can continue to do so but in better graphics and pick up where I left off. By the time I get through these games which is likely months and months down the road based on my slow rate of play. Again which I'm sure is the norm for most gamers these days, I'd then be ready for the newer stuff. I know it's not for everyone but it works well for me 😊

Going through the list of Day 1 games, only 6 games being sold at retail are either new or have next gen versions (built for next gen, not enhanced)? Assassin's Creed, Fifa 21, Madden 21, NBA 2K21, Watch Dogs, and Yakuza.
ALL the games I have listed are "nextgen versions". It is a carefully curated list, that also shows what you are getting in the parentheses

Rob_27

wait until next week to find out if anymore games are revealed. But even then games may be added down the line. People could be working to the wire to get them done.

So you never know. You lot need to chill. I'm 45 and past caring. Just want nice juicy hardware. Got too much to play still until cyberpunk is released.

Last edited:
wait until next week to find out if anymore games are revealed. But even then games may be added down the line. People could be working to the wire to get them done.

So you never know. You lot need to chill. I'm 45 and past caring. Just want nice juicy hardware. Got too much to play still until cyberpunk is released.
I have written many times that this is a list that will be updated as we go. Plenty of time for games that are still TBA to catch the launch day.
And you being a youngster does not mean that you should not care ;ΡΡ

what I mean is some people are too quick to get a dig in to drag this thread down like the others.

Nice going though nice list and well laid out for olds to read.
in my experience "some people" don't even need a list of facts to dig in and drag down. they just use their vivid imagination and go from there :]
my list is to help the "other" kind of people ;]

Top Bottom