• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox series S | X enhanced launch games

xboxseriesx-cut.jpg

Now that prices, pre-order and release dates have been declared, time to see how the games are shaping up for November.

November 10
Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla
( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery )
Bright Memory ( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR | Ray Tracing )
Destiny 2: Beyond Light ( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery | Game Pass )
Dirt 5 ( 4K Ultra HD | 120 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery )
The Falconeer ( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery )
FIFA 21 ( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery )
Forza Horizon 4 ( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery | Game Pass )
Gears 5 ( 4K Ultra HD | 120 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery | Game Pass )
Gears Tactics ( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery | Game Pass )
Haven ( 4K Ultra HD | Game Pass )
Madden NFL 21 ( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR )
Marvel’s Avengers ( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery )
NBA 2K21 ( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR )
Observer: System Redux ( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR | Ray Tracing )
Ori and the Will of the Wisps ( 4K Ultra HD | 120 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery | Game Pass )
Sea of Thieves ( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery | Game Pass )
Tetris Effect: Connected ( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery | Game Pass )
The Outer Worlds / Peril on Gorgon ( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery | Game Pass )
Watch Dogs: Legion ( 4K Ultra HD | HDR | Ray Tracing | Smart Delivery )
WRC 9 ( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery )
Yakuza: Like a Dragon ( Smart Delivery )

November 13
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War
( 4K Ultra HD | 120 FPS | HDR | Ray Tracing )

November 17
Fortnite: The Last Laugh
( 4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR )

November 19
Cyberpunk 2077
(4K Ultra HD | 60 FPS | HDR | Smart Delivery) , further enhancements coming 2021

There are over 125 games that have been announced for xbox series X and S.
This list is not about those games. This list is a list of nextgen enhanced games that are immediately available, day 1 until end of November.

For the time being it is still unknown (to me) how expected games like Call of the Sea, Crossfire X, The Medium, Scorn, The Ascent, etc
are going to be placed regarding launch date/launch month, but there is still plenty of time for announcements, and I will try to keep the list updated.

* Honorable mention to Cyberpunk 2077 (4K Ultra HD | HDR | Smart Delivery) releasing November 19
not the series S | X versions, but if CDPR provides an option on xbone X version -that will certainly target 4k- for dynamic resolution/uncapped framerate, that would be great to play on the new machines.
update: There will be a Series X|S version upon release, with a further enhanced version with more nextgen features incoming at 2021

** For anything I missed for November or is wrong, please write below so it can be added/corrected

*** To avoid confusion, after seeing the comments below:
Of course, the entire catalog of Game Pass and EA play,
and the entire catalog of xbox one X , 360 and OG xbox games will be available too,
and not in a fallback compatibility mode, but in an enhanced b/c mode using the full power of the new consoles,
adding features like ML HDR to *all* titles that didn't have HDR, selected titles are getting improvements like doubling of framerates etc, etc.

But this is a list of the games that are specifically made or enhanced for the next gen consoles,
and specifically available at release date (November 10) and for the next two weeks
Its a list of instantly available new nextgen titles let's say.
So everything that yet has not a firm release date inside November, and isn't specifically done or redone for these machines, its not listed.

Last edited:
Listing a bunch of games out already on current gen?

Then PS5 launches with God of War, Ghost of Tsushima and Bloodborne!
The games I listed are series X/S specifically patched. And those that are already available are Forza Horizon, Sea of Thieves, Gears of War, Madden and Ori

If you want to count "compatible games", there is the entire, like 100% of xbox one X catalog available, the 360 catalog available, even OG xbox catalog available, and all with full boost and machine learning automatic HDR

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
No idea little fella we'll have to wait and see. You don't back the Biggest company in the world in a corner and expect them to go silently into the night. They will come out blazing here in the next year.

That's what I said in 2013 when Xbox One launched. Not so much anymore.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Last edited:
I was thinking of making this thread after Xboxing Day event next week. But since OP didnt bother doing any research so here it goes. There are 11 launch exclusives for the next-gen Xbox.
Of which, The Medium and Exo One are not releasing on Xbox One.
I have created a list of the games that will be available DAY1 and up to November only.
Its not a list of what is expected down the line.
Its like you go to the store November 10, you get the console, you go home hook it up. You boot and you play.

nikolino840

Yes but the other GPU comes with games you can’t play anywhere else.
1 game for what i know in the release date,and you can't play that even on pc so there's no reason also for changing a gpu this year (for you) for me instead of buying a gpu card for playing this list i buy the series x

What about EA Play with Gamepass that like another 300 games does that count?
Of course they count, but I listed only the nextgen releasing or nextgen patched games on release date and until end of month.
The entire catalog of xbox one X counts, in full nextgen power with automatic HDR added, the entire 360 catalog and og xbox catalog too.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I mean does anyone ask what the new iPhone launch games are?

I know it’s a hard concept for some.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I have created a list of the games that will be available DAY1 and up to November only.
Its not a list of what is expected down the line.
Its like you go to the store November 10, you get the console, you go home hook it up. You boot and you play.
These are all launch window games that will be released within weeks of launch. Usually they have a launch window where they release everything in steps instead of all in the same day.

dorkimoe

And this is why I’m getting a PS5. Not even 1 new, first party title. Not 1.
I find it hilarious that everyone is acting like ratchet and clank is a system seller for a launch system. A game half of you won’t even play and sure as hell won’t pay $60 for.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m getting the game, but it’s not a reason to buy a system.

Last edited:
Nothing really to rev my engine on that list, but not terrible. There have been far worse (any of you plebs actually see the list of games that launched on PS2? Eek.)

Noticeably absent are XGS games. Suppose you can blame the Halo delay for that.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Why the fuck didn't they move COD up to launch date like they did with Assassin's Creed? Don't they want people who are in line on launch day reaching for games to buy theirs?

These are all launch window games that will be released within weeks of launch. Usually they have a launch window where they release everything in steps instead of all in the same day.
I dont care for "launch window" though. sometimes -many times- we talk about launch windows and mean ....six months!
my list is INSTANT DAY1 LIST, with only a two week window, until end of month.
It is probable that many games that are being prepared for these machines and yet are TBA, will get a date in November down the line.
I will add them then.

Last edited:
‘Launch window’ is a made up thing to excuse lack of launch games - on both systems. It’s not a real thing, just exists to excuse missed deadlines (which is fine, better than releasing unfinished crap)

Still not seen any proof that the Spider-Man ‘episode’ will be out at actual launch?

CeeJay

That has to be the worst launch lineup in history
Its crazy how Xbox have an amazing hardware and services proposition but completely failed to put anywhere near that same amount of care and attention into the software side of things.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Not abysmal but not brilliant either. You can't seriously count games that are out now.

‘Launch window’ is a made up thing to excuse lack of launch games - on both systems. It’s not a real thing, just exists to excuse missed deadlines (which is fine, better than releasing unfinished crap)
Exactly.
Fuck "launch windows"! this is rookie stuff.
If you don't have a solid release date that is DAY 1 to two weeks after release, you are out of my list!

Last edited:

Stuart360

I believe The Medium is a launch game, and Scorn is also rumoured to be a launch game, but there is some conflicting reports on that.

Not abysmal but not brilliant either. You can't seriously count games that are out now.
The games that are "out now" are Forza, Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, Ori (and Avengers - Madden).
They are still getting redone for nextgen, adding significant stuff, especially the first party ones.

Last edited:

wipeout364

I'm in, good enough for me also don't forget all the 360, one and OG xbox titles. What are all these amazing exclusive PS5 launch titles outside Miles Morales expansion pack that are available at launch?

Top Bottom