• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox series S | X enhanced launch games

MarkMe2525

That has to be the worst launch lineup in history
You haven't been around since the beginning. Used to be rooouuuugghh. Altered beast anyone? Xbox 360 launch was pretty weak as well. I put a bunch of time into the fight night demo and geometry wars. N64 had like 3 games for months after launch, granted one was mario 64 😁

mcjmetroid

I think both consoles are going to have bad launches. It's very obvious Spiderman dlc is being launched with the ps5 because that's the best they can have for launch so I don't suspect much better there either. I'd say sackboy will launch as well.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I dont care for "launch window" though. sometimes -many times- we talk about launch windows and mean ....six months!
my list is INSTANT DAY1 LIST, with only a two week window, until end of month.
It is probable that many games that are being prepared for these machines and yet are TBA, will get a date in November down the line.
I will add them then.
‘Launch window’ is a made up thing to excuse lack of launch games - on both systems. It’s not a real thing, just exists to excuse missed deadlines (which is fine, better than releasing unfinished crap)

Still not seen any proof that the Spider-Man ‘episode’ will be out at actual launch?
The official wording for these is "Holiday 2020", you can even pre-order most of them in the store. Officially, Microsoft even considers 2021 as launch window. But when I made that post I meant holiday 2020.
I believe The Medium is a launch game, and Scorn is also rumoured to be a launch game, but there is some conflicting reports on that.
Scorn is 2021.

I find it hilarious that everyone is acting like ratchet and clank is a system seller for a launch system. A game half of you won’t even play and sure as hell won’t pay $60 for.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m getting the game, but it’s not a reason to buy a system.

I remember Ratchet & Clank being a 'quirky' title talked about in 2014, but hardly a system seller. Now all of a sudden it's a AAAAAA system seller, just because they have PS5 gameplay and Halo: Infinite looked like ballz. That's very weak sauce for Playstation.

reinking

Gold Member
They just as well had named it the Retro Series X. By the time the first parties start launching they will be releasing the V2 model.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
That was known a long time ago little fella. They did the smart thing and pushed back Halo. They have over 20 plus studios working on masterpieces just hold that little bib tight until then Timmy.

Little fella is funny. Team Green!

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
The launch lineups for both next gen systems are horrible between Xbox not really bringing anything new to the table at all and people acting like R&C/Spiderman are the best thing since sliced bread because "console warz" I don't see how most people are excited for anything coming this fall

Last edited:
The official wording for these is "Holiday 2020", you can even pre-order most of them in the store. Officially, Microsoft even considers 2021 as launch window. But when I made that post I meant holiday 2020.
Still, as I said, if it ain't got a firm date inside November yet, it ain't getting on this list.
I am not trying to beautify things, and not trying to pull anybody's leg.

I think the list would be more useful if you only listed new games.
I already wrote that its a list of games that are enhanced for nextgen and are available immediately
I wrote which are the existing games already (6 out of 20), but they are all getting significant enhancements.
oh, and anybody who doesn't already know which games are already available, guess what, they are all new to him anyway.

This list is being made for helping, not hyping or console warring

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Honest question; why are you including BC titles?

Did I miss something? Are they actually making new versions of Gears 5 and FH4?

edit: Oh they actually are doing more than the BC treatment.. huh...

Last edited:

Stuart360

They are 'XSX Optimized', so probably like 4k/60 for Forza, and 4k/60/120 for Gears, etc.

Yes they are.
and I only list nextgen enhanced games that will be released day1 to two weeks later.

Rainbow Six Siege will likely be there at launch as well with a few enhancements. Probably resolution and FPS.
No firm date in November => not listed.
As time passes, most probably some games that are currently TBA will have firm dates.
I will try to keep this list updated.

Compsiox

Banned
Yes they are.
and I only list nextgen enhanced games that will be released day1 to two weeks later.

No firm date in November => not listed.
As time passes, most probably some games that are currently TBA will have firm dates.
I will try to keep this list updated.
I didn't expect you to add it to OP or anything. I just thought I'd mention it.

John Day

I would advise anyone, even my enemies, to not get hung up on Day 1 and Launch window games. The reason you early adopt a system is to guarantee you will have one throughout the year, since demand is high at launch.

If you don’t mind about any of that, wait it out because the games made tailored for the sustems come down the line in the year.

This ain’t all news, but it seems to fly by everyone every console cycle.

I would advise anyone, even my enemies, to not get hung up on Day 1 and Launch window games. The reason you early adopt a system is to guarantee you will have one throughout the year, since demand is high at launch.

If you don’t mind about any of that, wait it out because the games made tailored for the sustems come down the line in the year.

This ain’t all news, but it seems to fly by everyone every console cycle.
I dont even care to list "launch window" promised games, or even December games.
This is a no-bullshit list of what enhanced nextgen games will be immediately available.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Erm, where is this?

cLLoBIh.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You haven't been around since the beginning. Used to be rooouuuugghh. Altered beast anyone? Xbox 360 launch was pretty weak as well. I put a bunch of time into the fight night demo and geometry wars. N64 had like 3 games for months after launch, granted one was mario 64 😁
Getting horrible Nintendo DS flashbacks.

The company announced that 12 titles will be available for launch: five from Nintendo and seven from third parties. The first-party titles will include Super Mario 64 DS, Pokémon Dash, Big Concert! Band Brothers, Touch! Made in Wario, and Intuitive Stroke. Of the third-party titles, five are known: The recently announced Zoo Keeper (Success) and Mahjongg Tournament (Koei) will join Sega's Kimishine (also known as Feel the Magic), Spike's Tendo Dokuta, and EA's The Urbz.

All of these titles were literally trash (besides, maybe the Mario 64 DS port, arguably). And the software dried up for months and months following, felt like it took a full year to really get going and it finally turned out to be amazing. But I still remember playing through Feel the Magic like 5 times out of sheer boredom.

Dr Bass

Its crazy how Xbox have an amazing hardware and services proposition but completely failed to put anywhere near that same amount of care and attention into the software side of things.

Welcome to Microsoft for the last 45 years? There is a reason they are mostly hated in the Software Engineering world. I mean, it's for a lot of things, but quality is a part of it.

What an awful list....
games that I can play on my gtx1060

Will wait....
I remember when I got my Xbox 360.
Bullet witch
Dead rising
Ace combat (exclusive)
And many others...

Couldn’t wait to get an Xbox that time. Bullet witch was awful but hey, new ip exclusive is better that that list.

fermcr

Is it possible we see the new Forza as a launch title in November? Turn 10 Studios hasn't released a game in 3 years (Forza Motorsport 7 in 2017).

Flight Simulator might also be a Xbox Series S/X launch title.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

This list doesn’t make me want to run out and spend half a grand. I’m waiting anyway, but that’s a pretty lukewarm list for selling new hardware.

Azurro

Banned
So, all they are launching with is cross gen games? When does the first next gen only game arrives for Series X? Do they have any before March 2021?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
And with that my interest in the new system shrank somewhat.
Let's just say that STALKER 1, have really troublesome development, which results in lgal action and spliting company, which one part is now know as 4A games, you know Metro.

Top Bottom