• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

splattered

Hope Microsoft buys Blizzard next. /jk

I'm not gonna play this game again until Overwatch 2 comes out.. burnt out on the first one and have so many other games to play.

That being said i would laugh my ass off if Microsoft bought Blizzard because Mike Ybarra left MS and joined Blizzard and seems anti-microsoft these days on twitter.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Funny Face Wow GIF by Tennis TV

Cyberpunkd

I imagine the quick loading might improve the experience quite a bit, but I can't remember how much loading was in the game initially.
A LOT, and long ones at that. I played through the Witcher 3 + 2 DLC with my wife on PS4 Pro before I hooked up an SSD to it - trust me, it was not a pleasant experience. You can start now for the SSD alone, and maybe leave the 2 DLCs for next gen patch?

Cyberpunkd

Thinking about buying Prey Deluxe Edition but it should be coming to Game Pass and I have GPU till July 2023. Moon crash will probably not be a part of GamePass, right?

Concern

AC Valhalla is $35 @ best buy for anyone interested.

I just bought me 2 games off the gamefly sale. Maneater and UFC 4.

silentstorm

Well, i doubt Microsoft could do worse than Warcraft 3:Reforged and the new Diablo does look suprisingly good, but i doubt they will be bought.

But if MS bought Blizzard and forced them to do an actual Starcraft Ghost game, MS would be awesome as hell, or something unexpected like a Rock And Roll Racing 2 game or even Lost Vikings 3.

asocirev

I've just splurged lots of cash in the Xbox store. Some very good deals on there. I've sold all of my physical media and my plan in 2021 is to go ALL digital. And I'll not buy games on launch anymore - I'll wait a year or so and pick them up in these sales.
I did the digital shift last gen and haven’t looked back. I also don’t buy on launch 99% of the time, and when I do it’s usually do to hype and I regret it. I wait, pick it up on sale and it has all the patches and fixes figured out.

Last edited:

splattered

I did the digital shift last gen and haven’t looked back. I also don’t buy on launch 99% of the time, and when I do it’s usually do to hype and I regret it. I wait, pick it up on sale and it has all the patches and fixes figured out.

I made the digital shift too though i DO still have a LOT of games on the shelf i haven't converted over yet... and when i go look at my shelf of games sometimes i'm like dang i wish those were just digital. And then i'll go log into my Xbox and see my digital games and think crap what happens if i lose access to these in the future somehow? Would be nice to have a physical backup, even if it's just a cheap disc in a sleeve.. haha

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Well that's unfortunate. This makes me sad, it will probably run like crap on the base X1 and Halo will wind up getting the same kind of hate CP2077 is currently getting. I think they should just make MP cross gen and make campaign for Series X/S only.

Andodalf

Banned
Well that's unfortunate. This makes me sad, it will probably run like crap on the base X1 and Halo will wind up getting the same kind of hate CP2077 is currently getting. I think they should just make MP cross gen and make campaign for Series X/S only.

It’s way too late for the game to have been in any substantial way improved by cutting last gen. The only way it makes sense is if the last gen version runs poorly, which I see no reason to believe. Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 ran very well on the base console, I’m sure 343 can do the same.

After seeing the thumbnail of John Linneman's Digital Foundry YouTube video, I realised that I haven't even taken the shrink wrap off of my copy of Streets of Rage 4. I decided that it's time to fix that.

So my Christmas Eve game is SoR4 along with a quality glass of scotch. Good times.

Happy Christmas Xbox GAF, all the best in the New Year! Hopefully we can all score an Xbox Series X at some stage in 2021 🍻

i3DXoEB.gif

MpV8v1O.gif

Oz7OFw2.gif

Cyberpunkd

Did anyone notice how incredible co-pilot is for playing with your kids and SO? I’m shocked this feature is not being advertised alongside Quick Resume.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Did anyone notice how incredible co-pilot is for playing with your kids and SO? I’m shocked this feature is not being advertised alongside Quick Resume.

I've actually always said it's weird they don't advertise this. I use it to play puzzle games with friends instead of passing a controller around.

I did a youtube series as well where each person controller one side of the controller.

It's a really neat feature.

asocirev

Merry Christmas everyone, anyways, i liked Streets Of Rage 4 but only really beat it once, how is the newest Battletoads game, is it any good?
I played Battletoads all the way through with my kid and really enjoyed it. I just let myself enjoy the style and sense of humor and walked away having a lot of fun with it. Beat ‘em ups aren’t my normal game but Battletoads mixed in a ton of different level designs and mini games. It was a weird ride but one I’d recommend.

I've actually always said it's weird they don't advertise this. I use it to play puzzle games with friends instead of passing a controller around.

I did a youtube series as well where each person controller one side of the controller.

It's a really neat feature.
What is this co-pilot thing you are referring to?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
After seeing the thumbnail of John Linneman's Digital Foundry YouTube video, I realised that I haven't even taken the shrink wrap off of my copy of Streets of Rage 4. I decided that it's time to fix that.

So my Christmas Eve game is SoR4 along with a quality glass of scotch. Good times.

Happy Christmas Xbox GAF, all the best in the New Year! Hopefully we can all score an Xbox Series X at some stage in 2021 🍻

i3DXoEB.gif

MpV8v1O.gif

Oz7OFw2.gif

You will enjoy it greatly. XSX has an awesome tier D-Pad (click noise aside) so now whether you play 2D games on XSX or PS5 you will not be missing anything. Depending on the day I prefer it to the DS’s DPad and some days I prefer the other one. I cannot understate how big of a leap from their OG Xbox and Xbox 360 D-Pad this is. Bitching at companies works ;).

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

0:00 - Intro
0:33 - Before Double Fine
2:38 - Psychonauts
8:25 - Brütal Legend
14:25 - Costume Quest
17:07 - Stacking
18:19 - Iron Brigade
20:27 - Once Upon a Monster
21:55 - Happy Action Theater
23:56 - Kinect Party
24:27 - The Cave
25:55 - Dropchord
27:54 - Broken Age
34:25 - Lucas Arts Remasters
40:24 - Headlander
41:38 - Rhombus of Ruin
42:42 - Rad
43:30 - Psychonauts 2
45:02 - Double Fine Presents
47:36 - Microsoft Aquistion
50:02 - Credits

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
It's awesome. Two controllers to control player 1. So if you want to play with kids like my 5 year old I can do the difficult stuff but he is still in control. Example in shooters I aim and he pulls right trigger to shoot. But I do active reloads in games.
Is it possible to use the extra buttons for other features. For example. Could I bind the 2nd controller buttons for my windscreen wipers and to move my seat in Asseto Corsa as there is not enough buttons on one pad to do everything and its a case of having to pause adjust seat back and forth until its right when it would be nice to do it of the other pad.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It does, I suspect you are playing the One version, the game is not smart delivery there will be a completely separate version in your full library you need to download.
So I bought the regular version, and then later bought the £4.99 cross gen upgrade.

I don’t have 2 separate SKUs in my ‘ready to install’ list, just one. When it’s installed, it says the ‘cross-gen upgrade’ is installed also.

Sorted it, have to go through the store page for the £4.99 upgrade, ‘included’ and then select from there. Cheers

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

《ぎゃる☆がん りたーんず》 Xbox One版発売中止のお知らせ​

2020年12月25日

本日は、Xbox One版「ぎゃる☆がん りたーんず」の発売中止をお知らせいたします。

「ぎゃる☆がん りたーんず」は「ぎゃる☆がん」(1作目)のプレイ体験を忠実に再現する事をコンセプトに開発をして参りましたが、Xbox One版のマスター審査中にMicrosoft社と実りある議論をした結果、全プラットフォームで一貫したプレイ体験を確保できないことが判明しました。

その結果、発売日までの日程を考慮し、Nintendo Switch版、及び、PC(Steam)版に注力することを決定致しました。

Xbox Oneで「ぎゃる☆がん りたーんず」をプレイする事を楽しみにしていた皆様におかれましては、落胆を禁じ得ない状況であることは承知しておりますが、何卒、ご理解頂けますと幸いです。Xbox One版を楽しみにお待ち頂いていました皆さま、及び、関係者各位に深くお詫び申し上げます。

弊社は継続してMicrosoft社と協力しつつ新たなタイトルを開発する予定です。今後の発表にご期待ください。

"Gal Gun" Notice of discontinuation of Xbox One version

December 25, 2020

Today, we are announcing the discontinuation of the Xbox One version of "Gal Gun".

"Gal Gun" has been developed with the concept of faithfully reproducing the playing experience of "Gal Gun" (1st work), but the master examination of the Xbox One version After a fruitful discussion with Microsoft, it turned out that we couldn't ensure a consistent playing experience on all platforms.

As a result, we have decided to focus on the Nintendo Switch version and the PC (Steam) version in consideration of the schedule until the release date.

For those of you who were looking forward to playing "Gal Gun" on Xbox One, I know that you can't help but be discouraged. I hope you understand. We deeply apologize to everyone who has been looking forward to the Xbox One version and everyone involved.

We will continue to work with Microsoft to develop new titles. Please look forward to future announcements.

Last edited:
Top Bottom