• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Pantz

Got Seagate card too. Around 70 games installed total for both drives with around 20% free on each. If you have fast internet I'd say it's a comfy amount of storage. Still need to clear out some stuff now and then to make room but it's not been a bother so far.

Riky

$MSFT
TCsuVhn.jpg
NmkEzYB.jpg
cGi58xX.jpg

Some Series S shots, just because it's beautiful.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I have a 14 day Xbox Game Pass Ultimate code that came with the console but I can't add it to my current subscription. It says the code can only be used by people that have never subscribed to Ultimate before.

So if any of you want the code send me a PM and it's yours. But like I said it looks like it only works if you've never been subscribed before.

Flintty

High Res Halo Infinite Figures

I got the Chief figure and he’s by far the best one made yet, despite some articulation issues and a slightly underscaled head. Fits perfectly with other 6” scale figures (he towers above them). I’ll put some pics up in the Action Figure thread soon.

BigBooper

I'm ready to hop on the series X train. How long until it's easy to buy? I'm waiting on a few game pass games for the X upgrade, but don't want to wait so long that they are removed from the service.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Time for a hype video, what a year for Xbox!

Damn, this just reminds me why I'm so happy to be an Xbox fan. Sony fans can revel in their Sony exclusives, but they don't interest me at all other than horizon 2 and I find what's coming to Xbox about 1000 times more exciting. Then of course all those awesome games will be day and date on the greatest thing to ever come to video games, Game Pass.

Plus reading through some of the treads discussing all the various PS5 problems, I'm so happy to have a dead silent very high quality Series X that other than some models having a heavy vaping habit 🤪 are problem-free.

Roberts

My daughter loved Super Lucky's Tale and we tried the new sort-of-remake New Super Lucky's Tale. Immediately I noticed that something is off. Thanks to quick resume, I switched back and forth between the games and noticed that the new game is definitely a downgrade. I guess it is because it also came out on Switch and they decided to use the same assets on xbox version. It is a shame, because the controls are better now. It is also shorter and even easier. Here are two screenshots from the same level:

356TmZf.jpg
gJb0WED.jpg

Also, the original has clouds that move and change shape. The new one just has static clouds.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBooper

My daughter loved Super Lucky's Tale and we tried the new sort-of-remake New Super Lucky's Tale. Immediately I noticed that something is off. Thanks to quick resume, I switched back and forth between the games and noticed that the new game is definitely a downgrade. I guess it is because it also came out on Switch and they decided to use the same assets on xbox version. It is a shame, because the controls are better now. It is also shorter and even easier. Here are two screenshots from the same level:

356TmZf.jpg
gJb0WED.jpg

Also, the original has clouds that move and change shape. The new one just has static clouds.
That bottom one has the washed out bad HDR look. Maybe try turning off HDR for it.

Roberts

That bottom one has the washed out bad HDR look. Maybe try turning off HDR for it.
Here is the thing: it looks like that, there are no brightness settings and it has no HDR or auto-HDR. The original one has auto-HDR.

Edit: It also uses noticeably lower-res textures.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first bought the XSX I set up HDMI-CEC and when I turned the console on it turned on my TV, switched the correct input and labeled that input XBOX. Now when I turn the console on it just turns on the TV and doesn't do anything else. Anyone else have a similar experience? Is there a setting I'm missing? My PS5 still switches input and labels it PlayStation 5 for reference.

CatLady

Hey guys, how do you include a tweet in your posts? Before the upgrade I could just copy the link to the tweet, paste it in my post and it would show the actual tweet. Now when I try to do it that way it just makes a link that quotes the text from the tweet without showing the actual tweet.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Hey guys, how do you include a tweet in your posts? Before the upgrade I could just copy the link to the tweet, paste it in my post and it would show the actual tweet. Now when I try to do it that way it just makes a link that quotes the text from the tweet without showing the actual tweet.
Toggle BB Code
unknown.png

Roberts

Hmm, I just use copy link to tweet and drop it here. Like this:

CatLady

CatLady

So apparently CDPR is really getting sued over CP2077. It kind of makes me sad. Maybe I'm naïve, but I still feel like CDPR are some of the good guys in gaming and I think they tried to make it right by offering blanket no questions asked refunds.

I admit though, I might feel differently if I'd bought the game to play on a base Xbox One. Overall I'm really glad I decided to wait for the Series X version and therefore have no hard feelings towards CDPR.

Last edited:

Harts316

So apparently CDPR is really getting sued over CP2077. It kind of makes me sad. Maybe I'm naïve, but I still feel like CDPR are some of the good guys in gaming and I think they tried to make it right by offering blanket no questions asked refunds.

I admit though, I might feel differently if I'd bought the game to play on a base Xbox One. Overall I'm really glad I decided to wait for the Series X version and therefore have no hard feelings towards CDPR.

The only people who make money from class action lawsuits are lawyers. These types of lawsuits are everywhere. The company will settle and all of the gamers who signed on might get a check for fifty cents three years from now.

DaGwaphics

I still don't believe it, given how expensive Ubisoft Play+ is, but maybe they create a cheaper "EA Play" variant (games added a year after release) to add to GPU.

That would be amazing. Depends on if they want to give up fixed dollars for these libraries over the long haul, would be great for GP members for sure.

Top Bottom