• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass now has over 18 million subscribers

Terrible numbers. To tell you why

April to September: 5 million

September till today: 3 million

from September till now they had: Disney plus deal fumination deal xcloud launch new console launch Bethesda announcement. Yet April to September had more growth then the holiday season growth.

Don’t get me started on all those deals for the holidays. this is terrible numbers when you have context
Exactly. It's easy to see why they pulled that Gold price increase stunt. It's slowing down for sure and for it to be during the busiest quarter of the year that isn't good.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yes sure go ahead.
Please @ me when xgs release a 20+ hour single player only goty winning experience or two that also doesn't release on ps5 & is day & date on gamepass.

If that happens, I'll believe in gp.
Hmm Doom Eternal?

bxrz

from September till now they had: Disney plus deal fumination deal xcloud launch new console launch Bethesda announcement. Yet April to September had more growth then the holiday season growth.

Don’t get me started on all those deals for the holidays. this is terrible numbers when you have context
Tell us how many AAA exclusive games they released from September to now.

It's easy to see why they pulled that Gold price increase stunt.

TIL that no other company in history has ever announced an unpopular decision designed to make more money, caught shit for that decision, and backtracked on it completely. Only MS has ever done that, ever. Like ever. Ever in history.

It's not like Sony is charging 70 bucks for games now...

Also, why are people carrying on like MS hasn't rescinded the Live price increase? Nothing changed in the end. They listened to their customers. Admitting a mistake and fixing the mistake should count for something, right?

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Impressive numbers. I'd be curious how many it would be if they dropped Xbox Live Gold. I imagine a lot of people would switch over because of the extra disposable income they would have.

Really wish PlayStation Now took the same approach. Game Pass is such a great offering, especially if you have a brand new system. There is so many games to play, and with great backwards compatibility support too.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yes sure go ahead.
Please @ me when xgs release a 20+ hour single player only goty winning experience or two that also doesn't release on ps5 & is day & date on gamepass.

If that happens, I'll believe in gp.
Only 17.5 hours. Fuck.

Maybe Moon should have added 1 hour of cutscenes, 1 hour of slowly walking down a corridor and 1 hour of playing Crash Bandicoot on Ku’s PS1.

close up flirting GIF

You forgot to add Android platform.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Good numbers but we'll see how many of us they keep when all of our GPU conversion expires in 2022/23 and they still don't have release dates. By then I'll just buy the games I'm interested in.

bxrz

Tell me how many MS games are available on Gamepass till date? And also, they've launched Gamepass on Android Phones. So, yes, IMO growth isn't that big.
You guys cry that Microsoft has no games right? Isn't that the narrative for years? Well....they released no games. So obviously growth won't be that big. If Halo released it would've been in the 20 millions easy

They're at 18 million off no exclusives.

Last edited:

v_iHuGi

Banned

Just wait until Sony bundles all their shit into GamePass but forgets about Plus subs.

I mean Funi is already there, I'm watching you Sony.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
But wait, I thought GAF declared all gamepass subs were fake/meaningless 1 or 3 month trails........this would mean they had no idea what they were talking about..........

And don't forget, gamepass is failing and ms has no idea what they are doing........please.....

Interfectum

If you were better at math you’d see there’s monthly growth. In no way are these numbers bad.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Wow! Double the amount of Xbox Ones in the wild! :messenger_beaming:

I know you're joking (although I don't know how many XOs there are), but it's worth mentioning that GP is also on PC.

Here's a list of PC games on GP for those who are interested:
Coming Soon:

• January 26 - Cyber Shadow
  • January 28 - Yakuza Remastered Collection
  • January 28 - The Medium

Every game on Xbox Games Pass for PC​

Leaving soon from Xbox Game Pass for PC​

Leaving February 1, 2021

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
But wait, I thought GAF declared all gamepass subs were fake/meaningless 1 or 3 month trails........this would mean they had no idea what they were talking about..........
Gotta move them goalposts - all of these subs are now people who spent hundreds of dollars on front-loading Gold subs and converted them to Game Pass Ultimate. It was ONLY $1! (+ Microsoft got nearly $200 up front from you for those Gold subs) lol

martino

I know you're joking (although I don't know how many XOs there are), but it's worth mentioning that GP is also on PC.

Here's a list of PC games on GP for those who are interested:
Coming Soon:

• January 26 - Cyber Shadow
  • January 28 - Yakuza Remastered Collection
  • January 28 - The Medium

Every game on Xbox Games Pass for PC​

Leaving soon from Xbox Game Pass for PC​

Leaving February 1, 2021

how long game like FFXV stays on the service ?

Thirty7ven

Banned
Oh.... and what the fuck does best launch month for Xbox mean?

Does that mean they sold more Series X/S than Xbox one did in the launch month? Or does it mean they revenue is higher than it was at any previous launch?

I mean, it's just word-soup.

Interesting that for Xbox live they say active users, which means it’s not subscribers, and for Gamepass they say subscribers but they don’t say active.

Words, how do they work.

Great Hair

Banned
02.28.2017 Launch / (9.5mln in may 2019, ngaf)
04.30.2020 10million subs in 1158 days
8,635 subs per day, 359 per hour, 6 per min, 0.01 subs per second
09.21.2020 15million subs +50% subs (5mln) in 145 days +400% per sec
34,482 subs per day, 1,436 per hour, 24 per min, 0.40 subs per second
01.27.2021 18million subs +20% subs (3mln) in 129 days -35% per sec
23,255 subs per day, 968 per hour, 16 per min , 0.26 subs per second

at martino martino
i didnt imply that

Last edited:

martino

02.28.2017 Launch / (9.5mln in may 2019, ngaf)
04.30.2020 10million subs in 1158 days
8,635 subs per day, 359 per hour, 6 per min, 0.01 subs per second
09.21.2020 15million subs +50% subs (5mln) in 145 days +400% per sec
34,482 subs per day, 1,436 per hour, 24 per min, 0.40 subs per second
01.27.2021 18million subs +20% subs (3mln) in 129 days -35% per sec
23,255 subs per day, 968 per hour, 16 per min , 0.26 subs per second
and what ? you think it has to be linear and only growth for it to be suspenseful and that any slow mean it's doomed ?
if yes, you are a fool ....
ex :
16700.jpeg

quest

Not Banned from OT
I still don't understand why people shit on Game Pass (and even continue to). If it's not your thing, okay, fine, whatever. But clearly it's pretty successful.
People don't like things that are not done the "Sony" way. It is a common theme anything not the "Sony" is shit on. Backwards compatibility was a archaic shit feature until the ps5 had it for another example.

FrankWza

People don't like things that are not done the "Sony" way. It is a common theme anything not the "Sony" is shit on. Backwards compatibility was a archaic shit feature until the ps5 had it for another example.
Didn’t PS2 play PS1 games? Did xbox exist when PS2 came out?

Last edited:

Rolla

Banned
Previous numbers (service launched in June 2017):
April 29, 2020 = 10 million announced
September 21, 2020 = 15 million announced
January 27, 2021 = 18 million announced

Top Bottom