• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood |OT| Out With The New Order, In With The Old Blood

DSmalls84

Will the UK physical copy work on a US console with no issues?

Also if anyone knows, where would be the best place to import? Amazon?

No idea if the game will work on systems from different regions. I looked earlier though and a seller on Amazon US was selling it for $24.99 + shipping from the UK. Alternatively you could order directly from Amazon.com/uk, although I'm not sure which option will cost less.

Experien

is there any reason to play the absolutely terrible nightmare levels? I don't care about any achievement stuff, so no worries there...

Nightmares are only for trophies/achievements and...adds nothing to the main game but an Easter Egg that is overstaying its welcome. Probably inserted to artificially extent the gametime with minimum effort?

is there any reason to play the absolutely terrible nightmare levels? I don't care about any achievement stuff, so no worries there...

Other than collecting the old silver for a couple character model unlocks nope, they do not affect the gameplay and the story at all.

And no they are awesome.

Thank god. The main game is so damn good, that every time I find a bed I'm dreading it because I felt compelled to go through them. Good to know I won't miss out on anything valuable

Thank god. The main game is so damn good, that every time I find a bed I'm dreading it because I felt compelled to go through them. Good to know I won't miss out on anything valuable
You can always go back to the level to finish it.
Does anyone know how to unlock challenge map 8? I completed the game and that is still locked.
You unlock map 8 for saving Kessler instead of Annette in the level Ruins.

DSmalls84

You can always go back to the level to finish it.

You unlock map 8 for saving Kessler instead of Annette in the level Ruins.

Hmm can you tell me how you choose? I don't recall making a decision or any obvious junctures in the levels. PM me if you are afraid of spoiling anything.

Krakn3Dfx

In regards to Story which game would you recommend starting with? I know that New Order is the "stronger" game which is part of the reason I want to start with Old Blood. Would Old Blood spoil anything in New Order?

I'd play Old Blood first (actually, I did play Old Blood first), it's a great game, but once you're done with and start TNO, you'll just appreciate how much more fleshed out the story and characters are in TNO.

I'm down to 5 chapters left in the New Order having gone straight from Old Blood into it, and am having an amazing time with no sort of gameplay fatigue.

I think if you play TNO and go straight into Old Blood, you might be kind of underwhelmed by it in comparison. By itself, it's a great game, but next to TNO, it's clearly a quicker, less involved piece of work.

Ricker

Someone mentionned earlier about having to pick up stuff on the ground with the same button as your reload was a bad design and I agree,especially where I am at now,stuck,dying over and over in Chapter 8 at the find Helga part where you have to wait for 50 walls to come down while being raped by flaming zombie nazi soldiers...you need to pick up health or armor fast but you reload instead...some set pieces in this game are so bad,its infuriating but its always been this way with Machine Head/Starbreeze...Enclave anyone...?

Choomp

Banned
My goddamn XB1 version was freezing last night and still is the morning. Honestly I don't even know how I'm
supposed to try and fix this stuff when it's digital.

Calabi

The game is kind of easy once you've completed it once. I'm playing through again on uber and flying through it. I'm sure the boss will be a bastard again though.

Anything you need to do when dealing with the monster boss in Chapter 8 (Dig Site)?

I used the grenade gun (Kampfpistol). That worked wonders. Duck as well!

Edit: he is blind so reacts to noise. Try and kill the other enemies as quietly as you can by using the silenced pistol. Then shoot him in his mouth with the Kampfpistol. The dead enemies will drop ammo for refills on it.

thenexus6

So I just beat level six.. am I stupid for not realising that
there was zombies in this game? I literally had no idea

Edit: Just beat the game, I liked it. I think I prefer the first part of the game to the second.

Bosses:

Robot dog was super annoying. Eventually I had to cheese it by hiding in the corner and firing grenades at it as the dog seemingly couldn't cross a certain invisible line unless I came out

The end boss was pretty easy actually, just duck when he swings and stealth the other enemies

Levyne

Banned
Nothing super exciting, but steam patch notes.

PC version 0.1464 revision notes:

- Fixed specular issue on characters during in-game events on Ultra graphics settings
- Fixed intermittent stuttering on .bik file playback affecting some users
- Fixed Steam Leaderboard load issue when no score had been posted on certain Challenge Modes
- Fixed GPU synchronization issue affecting some users
- Added GPU optimization for users with below recommended spec CPUs and above recommended spec GPUs

marcincz

Guys one question - 8 lvl.
Before final boss fight, B.J. is hanging on the rope and Helga's taken book/map with hints from him. When B.J. received it!?
Damn, I finished game, yesterday and haven't any idea when or where this happen or maybe not happen? Am I missed anything in plot?

Nifta

Neo Member
You pick it up from the floor
at the start of Chapter 06, right after the earthquake. BJ says "Looks like a dusty old map".

Salz01

So far only on level 3, but this is the wolfenstein I always wanted. Didn't like new order and all that sci fi moon stuff. Level 1 didn't bother me to much, playing on medium, found it actually fun.

WoodWERD

Trophies are definitely more of a chore than TNO, those Nightmare levels are way too long and dull. Luckily I only have a couple more of those but I've still got 5-6 challenge maps to go through before platinum. I hit #3 in uber world rank on the first map...but so much frustration on some of them.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So I put the game on hold the last few days. Are the rumblings that I've heard about the Uber trophy glitch still true? Not patched?

I dunno, but I trudged through the game on Uber :p

I'm currently working on those challenges. I get so close, yet not close enough.

I beat it last night and I liked the bigger difficulty spike than with TNO. Overall, I liked it a lot. Fun, challenging and cool. 8/10 from me and I would give TNO 9/10. Definitely worth every penny.

Just finished it. I'll go back and cleanup the challenge, nightmare and über stuff later. It was a fun romp. I really hated Chapter 1 and 7, but the rest were all pretty damn fun. And that end. Damn I love Blazko. Had me getting a little teary eyed there ;_;

If I was pushed for a score, I think I'd say the same as SolidSnake. Probably an 8 for TOB and a 9 for TNO. I'm very glad I picked this up, because I'm very happy to encourage good "expansion" practice like this. I hope to see MachineGames do more soon.

Playing on Uber, on chapter 4, need some help.

On the bridge, the big cyber dog is bullshit. He kills me in one hit, and hits me through walls wtf do I do?

Nevermind, got him after like 20 minutes. Fuck.

DirtyLarry

Playing on Uber, on chapter 4, need some help.

On the bridge, the big cyber dog is bullshit. He kills me in one hit, and hits me through walls wtf do I do?
I am guessing you also encountered the same situation I did,
where the heavy gun of the big dude you fight before him just disappears after you die once. That seems to be the easy way to take the dog out.

With that said, what I did was just stay very, very close to it and unload with the shotgun. There is ammo for it in that one room on the right on the bottom shelf near the door.

I am guessing you also encountered the same situation I did,
where the heavy gun of the big dude you fight before him just disappears after you die once. That seems to be the easy way to take the dog out.

With that said, what I did was just stay very, very close to it and unload with the shotgun. There is ammo for it in that one room on the right on the bottom shelf near the door.

Yep, the gun disappeared for me too. Luckily I had enough Shockhammer ammo and some Kampfpistole ammo to take him down. Was hard though.

BraXzy

Gonna get my mate a PS4 game for his bday.

I'm thinking of picking up either this or the original game?

I can pick this up for £14, and I can pick up the original for £20. I'd rather spend less since I'm stretched for cash but if the standalone is a lot worse or whatever I'll deal with it. Which would you buy?

Enco

I can pick this up for £14, and I can pick up the original for £20. I'd rather spend less since I'm stretched for cash but if the standalone is a lot worse or whatever I'll deal with it. Which would you buy?
I haven't played the DLC for too long but I would say definitely get the original.

I couldn't put it down. The DLC I haven't touched in a while. Less variety and excitement, as well as a weaker story. It's to be expected considering the price/length though.

WoodWERD

You can't go wrong with either, but I'd say TNO.

I finished them both, I'd go with The New Order. The Old Blood is decent but it lacks a lot of the heart The New Order has.

Top Bottom