• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Windows Central] Don't buy a PlayStation — Save money on the PC versions of Marvel's Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, and others instead

Oh, fuck off. The numbers say you're full of shit.

Where was the big boon of Rift Apart sales on PC, then? Or are you saying the consoles are still selling super-well in spite of the ports? Because that are; that doesn't mean porting current-gen releases to a platform that competes for a lot of the same audience, isn't value-destructive to the console in the long-term.

Nobody buys consoles for 10-year old games.

Not exclusively, but as part of the package of titles offered? Of course. Otherwise BC wouldn't be such a requested and, at this point, required feature of any console. So statistically you're wrong.

Yeah, so where are those flocks of PC gamers who were holding out to buy a PS5?

They're probably trained to expect the games anyway now, just a year or two later but with more visuals, framerate & QoL support at a cheaper price. In other words, Sony probably gave them too many games too soon, and now they have to course-correct.

A PC gamer might be less suspect to FOMO than a console player but they aren't immune to it. You just have to dangle the carrot a lot longer. The carrot got a little too close, time to raise it back out of the cage.

If there were so many of them, those numbers would be huge but they ain't because those who wanted to play those games already got a console to play them within the first year or at most two. This won't change. They won't suddenly be fine waiting 2-3 years. Nice self-ownage. If this was really hurting the brand, you'd have a shitton of PC gamers rushing to get these games but you don't because those who didn't buy them didn't give a damn about PS games in the first place.

Then there's even less reason to port the games to PC at all. You just self-owned your own argument.

Sony will catch a few double-dippers and a crowd who was mildly interested in their games but not enough to spend $500 on a console. Their audience isn't moving to PC, as illustrated by the huge sales numbers of PS5 and PS5 exclusives.

So in essence you're providing less reason for Sony to expend the resources for PC ports of their current-gen (non-GaaS) titles, because the audience for them on PC isn't huge because in your words, those PC gamers already have PS5s to play those games?

Because that is basically what a lot of us are also saying. Although personally, I'd say there's a sizable subset of PC gamers who'd pick up the console if enough exclusives remained on the console to convince them of picking one up. Many already do this for systems like the Switch.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Even my 4080 pc master race friend bought ps5 just now to play gt7... but while he is at it he bought ghost of tsushima, bloodborne and so on so on.
peopole are talking about it and are willing to wait for games like ff16 or ghost of tsushima to come to pc. fact
So, which is it? People are willing to wait, but the PC numbers are shit and your PCMR friend wasn't willing to wait. So are people ditching Playstation for PC? If yes, then those Sony ports would do much higher numbers. On the one hand, you say Sony is damaging their brand, implying they'll lose customers, but then you turn around and say that their ports aren't doing good numbers, indicating that they're not losing customers.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I mean
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

If you truly must play those games day one, then I guess you have no choice, but I'll happily wait for the vastly superior version, and on a deep discount with that.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
The PS4 ones often aren't.

One of my favourite PS4 games, Days Gone is currently for 39.99 EUR on PlayStation store.

Here you can get it for 10.29 EUR on PC:

That's just one example but yeah from my experience, it's almost always cheaper. Way, way cheaper.

Elysium44

Banned
Any true gamer who wants these games isnt waiting 2 years for these games. With Nixxes now on board it might come down to 1 year as they catch up, but I really dont see myself waiting 1-2 years to play the latest games. Imagine if the Avengers End Game came out and you were told, oh just wait 2 years to watch it. Thats just not how this works. Hardcore gamers would always want to play these games day 1. its what makes them hardcore.

Plenty of 'true gamers' don't mind waiting a year or two for single player games which without checking, I think is most or all of what Sony has brought to PC so far.

Gaiff

Where was the big boon of Rift Apart sales on PC, then? Or are you saying the consoles are still selling super-well in spite of the ports? Because that are; that doesn't mean porting current-gen releases to a platform that competes for a lot of the same audience, isn't value-destructive to the console in the long-term.
I'm saying PS5 is doing perfectly fine even with 2-year-old PC ports. "Destructive value in the long-term," yet despite everyone and their moms knowing GOWR and HFW would be ported to PC, they both sold more than their predecessors. It's been over 3 years since Sony has begun porting games to PC. When will it start hurting them?
Not exclusively, but as part of the package of titles offered? Of course. Otherwise BC wouldn't be such a requested and, at this point, required feature of any console. So statistically you're wrong.
No, statistically, you're completely wrong. The PS4 virtually had 0 BC and kicked the shit out of the Xbone. Backwards compatibility is a nice feature to have but only a minority of console users play old games as demonstrated by their most played games. You don't see old-ass games except for multiplayer titles.
They're probably trained to expect the games anyway now, just a year or two later but with more visuals, framerate & QoL support at a cheaper price. In other words, Sony probably gave them too many games too soon, and now they have to course-correct.
Yeah, those 10 gamers who love PS5 games but will wait two years to play them sure matter a lot.
A PC gamer might be less suspect to FOMO than a console player but they aren't immune to it. You just have to dangle the carrot a lot longer. The carrot got a little too close, time to raise it back out of the cage.

Then there's even less reason to port the games to PC at all. You just self-owned your own argument.

So in essence you're providing less reason for Sony to expend the resources for PC ports of their current-gen (non-GaaS) titles, because the audience for them on PC isn't huge because in your words, those PC gamers already have PS5s to play those games?

Because that is basically what a lot of us are also saying. Although personally, I'd say there's a sizable subset of PC gamers who'd pick up the console if enough exclusives remained on the console to convince them of picking one up. Many already do this for systems like the Switch.
All irrelevant drivel. Show us where the PS brand is hurting. Show us those customers who flocked to PC and abandoned their Playstations. You can't and you two have been parroting this nonsense without anything to back you up.

Sony is porting these games exactly because they KNOW there's a subset of gamers who don't care enough about their games to buy a console but might buy them if they become available. These are the ones they're reaching; people who would have never become their customers in the first place and this is reflected by reality, something you two love to ignore. PS5 is selling well. PS5 exclusives are selling well. Their PC ports are doing meh number for the most part. Them damaging their brand by doing PC ports is pure fanboy cope.

Last edited:

FrankWza

What are you blathering about?
2 sentences in blathering now? You were complimenting something with the woke wonders comment? It was shot, no?
You're ignoring the end result of not protecting your brand. When you don't, you resort to making these articles. Desperate and championing a different platform to damage another platform. I would go on but you have a Twitter limit to what you're able to read before you check out.

Elysium44

Banned
One of my favourite PS4 games, Days Gone is currently for 39.99 EUR on PlayStation store.

That's just one example but yeah from my experience, it's almost always cheaper. Way, way cheaper.

Well you're comparing apples with oranges a bit, grey market key resellers versus the official prices.

When Days Gone came out on Steam it was £40 and still is. It's £35 on PSN but for years before it came to PC was regularly on sale for £15. I believe the same is true of other PS games. I double dipped on Days Gone, I think I paid £25 on a key site which was more than I'd got it for in a PS4 sale years earlier.

btw, Days Gone is one of the exclusives I got a PS4 for originally. Had it been on PC it would have made that less likely.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

PS5 owners received it "for free" the first 2 years of its lifecycle (which is how I played it and and still have it installed on the external). There have been sales on it as well in the $10-$15 range on PSN in the past. While it's usually more often you see PC games go on sale due to more key resellers in the grey market, PSN or XBL are not static in pricing and do run sales multiple times a year as well.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Only ports that sold something are god of war and horizon. tlou maybe a bit.
Uncharted, returnal, sackboy sold shit.
And development is not free even if it's just a port.

They might've earned some buck but the brand damage is irrefutable. We are talking about it. peopole are talking about it and are willing to wait for games like ff16 or ghost of tsushima to come to pc. fact

And?

We already know FFXVI is coming to PC. If the ps5 version didn’t perform like shit I would’ve bought it there but I have no problem waiting. Would you prefer if Sony moneyhatted it in perpetuity? This is retarded fanboy logic. If there is a 1% chance a game will come to PC I will just wait for it because I prefer having games on PC the same way you prefer Sony. Obviously this isn’t hurting Sony’s console business, just fanboy feelings.

Senua

2 sentences in blathering now? You were complimenting something with the woke wonders comment? It was shot, no?
You're ignoring the end result of not protecting your brand. When you don't, you resort to making these articles. Desperate and championing a different platform to damage another platform. I would go on but you have a Twitter limit to what you're able to read before you check out.
Oh no I took a shot at your favourite media, sorry mate.

You guys so worried about Sony not protecting its brand are a funny bunch. Sony's brand is absolutely fine, it's doing incredibly actually. What's not is your fragile tribalistic ego because your favourite toys go onto another platform. That is what it's all about and always has been.

Also the fact you can't even take a little dig at Sony's wokeism of late shows how fragile you really are.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
PS5 owners received it "for free" the first 2 years of its lifecycle (which is how I played it and and still have it installed on the external). There have been sales on it as well in the $10-$15 range on PSN in the past. While it's usually more often you see PC games go on sale due to more key resellers in the grey market, PSN or XBL are not static in pricing and do run sales multiple times a year as well.

Cool, games are in general way cheaper on PC, I don’t know why we are having this discussion.

Elysium44

Banned
No. Nobody buys the console to play 10 years old games.
But this is a factor. You don't buy a console for 1 new game... for for 1 new games and 10 amazing old exclusives you never played? Cmon man. You cannot argue with that.
Even my 4080 pc master race friend bought ps5 just now to play gt7... but while he is at it he bought ghost of tsushima, bloodborne and so on so on.

As for the numbers? You are right. numbers don't lie and the numbers for sony pc ports are shit. Not worth the brand damage.

Does Steam release sales numbers? I didn't think they did. But estimates for Days Gone for example don't seem too bad, 1.5m - 2.7m.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Well you're comparing apples with oranges a bit, grey market key resellers versus the official prices.

When Days Gone came out on Steam it was £40 and still is. It's £35 on PSN but for years before it came to PC was regularly on sale for £15. I believe the same is true of other PS games. I double dipped on Days Gone, I think I paid £25 on a key site which was more than I'd got it for in a PS4 sale years earlier.

btw, Days Gone is one of the exclusives I got a PS4 for originally. Had it been on PC it would have made that less likely.

It’s 16.49 EUR on Steam right now. Why people even attempt to counter argument something so obvious like the fact that games are cheaper on PC?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Honestly I think some fanboys are just butthurt because it makes their PlayStation feel less special when people get to play Playstation games on PC (and possibly with better graphics). It’s not enough to just have a bunch of great games to play. They need the satisfaction of knowing that it’s the definitive + only version and that only people on their “team” get to play it.

Personally I just want to play the games, and if it’s on PC, I’ll play it on PC. I don’t give a rat’s ass if that makes my PS5 feel less magical than the PSX I had as a teenager. Seems like the only ones who care are the ones whose personal sense of identity and self worth are tied to a particular video game console.

PlayStation hardware will continue to be the best option for many people to experience PlayStation games and that’s great.

midnightAI

I think the author is playing everyone.

This isn't an "anti Playstation article" this is a "make money through affiliate links" article, where they have intentionally given it a console war headline to get attention.
Exactly, they are doing the same as Major Nelson, even the PS5 link has an affiliate link on it

Everyone here is falling for it because its click bait also to drive that interest

bold GIF

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Nope im good. You must be out of your mind if you think im waiting an extra 1-2 years for GTA6 lol

Elysium44

Banned
It’s 16.49 EUR on Steam right now. Why people even attempt to counter argument something so obvious like the fact that games are cheaper on PC?

The answer is in the replies you've received, that you're not comparing like with like. You made an unequivocal statement that PC games are always cheaper, which isn't correct.

There are also 3rd party games on PSN and Steam which are also frequently cheaper on PSN than they have ever been on Steam or resellers.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Why buy an Xbox? It's even more solid PC support.

No PS5, No Xbox and hell, why even Nintendo if you're ok with emulators (with of course buying the game). PC's got it all (eventually)

Even if they do come to PC, sony have been clever with it as to not hurt their own console sales. You don't know when or if a game will get ported to PC and before it does, its exclusive to PlayStation so most people will rather just buy the console instead of waiting and hoping for a PC port. When sony first started porting to PC, there were threads here about how it will hurt console sales but sony have handled it well and sales are better than ever.

Topher

Gold Member
Personally I'm not buying this PC ports is "damaging the PlayStation brand" narrative. I'm a PC gamer first and foremost, but I'm also a big fan of Sony's single player games so I own a PS5. I have yet to buy a single PlayStation game on PC. I bought them all on PS.

So let's break this down into groups. You have PS5 fans who only buy games on PS5. PC ports do nothing to hurt the "brand" for them. You have PC gamers who do not game on console at all. They were never a factor for the PlayStation brand before and if anything PC ports might expand the PlayStation brand to them, not damage it. Then you have folks like me who own PC and PS5. A few will wait on the PC version, but the vast majority are not going to wait. Why would they? That's why they have a PS5, So where is this supposed "damage" happening?

Frankly, if I'm going to point to something that is damaging the PlayStation brand then it is Sony's lack of communication about upcoming first party single players games. Not PC ports.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Oh no I took a shot at your favourite media, sorry mate.

You guys so worried about Sony not protecting its brand are a funny bunch. Sony's brand is absolutely fine, it's doing incredibly actually. What's not is your fragile tribalistic ego because your favourite toys go onto another platform. That is what it's all about and always has been.

Also the fact you can't even take a little dig at Sony's wokeism of late shows how fragile you really are.
Once again ignoring the cautionary tale this article represents. However you have to do it, you just need to make sure you don't end up here as a company. Selling your ass on the corner is a bad look. Worse than whatever pretend label you want to put on their games and brand.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
The answer is in the replies you've received, that you're not comparing like with like. You made an unequivocal statement that PC games are always cheaper, which isn't correct.

There are also 3rd party games on PSN and Steam which are also frequently cheaper on PSN than they have ever been on Steam or resellers.

Games on PC are much, much cheaper than on console. Like, seriously. Why are you even attempting to discuss this? Please tell me. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I mean
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

If you truly must play those games day one, then I guess you have no choice, but I'll happily wait for the vastly superior version, and on a deep discount with that.
Very few PS4/5 ports, if any, have been vastly superior on PC. Better? Yes.

And the numbers are doing the talking. Most people ain't waiting, so WindowsCentral is talking to a doorknob or shills. Pick → Take.

Last edited:

Gaiff

Personally I'm not buying this PC ports is "damaging the PlayStation brand" narrative. I'm a PC gamer first and foremost, but I'm also a big fan of Sony's single player games so I own a PS5. I have yet to buy a single PlayStation game on PC. I bought them all on PS.
This is yet another strong argument against the "damaging their brand" narrative that has been peddled for years. Sony is now most famous for their single player story-driven game. Ain't nobody waiting 2 years to play them. I bought GOWR on PS4 Day 1 despite knowing damn well the game would come to PC eventually.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Honestly I think some fanboys are just butthurt because it makes their PlayStation feel less special when people get to play Playstation games on PC (and possibly with better graphics). It’s not enough to just have a bunch of great games to play. They need the satisfaction of knowing that it’s the definitive + only version and that only people on their “team” get to play it.

Personally I just want to play the games, and if it’s on PC, I’ll play it on PC. I don’t give a rat’s ass if that makes my PS5 feel less magical than the PSX I had as a teenager. Seems like the only ones who care are the ones whose personal sense of identity and self worth are tied to a particular video game console.

PlayStation hardware will continue to be the best option for many people to experience PlayStation games and that’s great.
All we know in this industry, which is only around 50 years old, is that one company has attempted this day one on PC strategy. This article represents where that company, backed buy a corporate behemoth, has ended up. So, it can easily be argued there are people rooting for Sony to send Playstation down the same path. They are not backed by a behemoth and would end up out of business.

GymWolf

I don't like how sony is one foot in and one out.

Do like M and release all your games at day one on pc so i can sell your underpowered hardware and not being forced to pay a fee for multyplayer and cloud saves and enjoy the games on their best version, or leave the pc market and only develop games for one single hardware so i'm gonna be sure that it use 110% of the console and doesn't have to run on 34985838359275739 different pc configurations.

Right now this shit is only useful for double dippers or people who don't give a fuck about sony exclusives and are A-ok with playing these games 1-3 years later.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
This is yet another strong argument against the "damaging their brand" narrative that has been peddled for years. Sony is now most famous for their single player story-driven game, ain't nobody waiting 2 years to play them. I bought GOWR on PS4 Day 1 despite knowing damn well the game would come to PC eventually.
I’m waiting

But seriously, I have to think that the # of people waiting for a PC version in order to save money is very small. If you’re waiting, it’s because you want to play at the highest possible settings and/or you’re not hyped enough where you absolutely need to play it on day 1.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Most people ain't waiting
Yes most people are weak willed, lack discipline, impulse driven and are susceptible to FOMO; you're not saying anything new here.
I can wait just fine until these superior versions of the games are at a price point I feel they are worth.

Ansphn

Every day goes by, the more desperation oozing from allies of Xbox just projects to the world that the Xbox is fighting for it's life as it slowly becomes a dying brand.

I'm saying PS5 is doing perfectly fine even with 2-year-old PC ports. "Destructive value in the long-term," yet despite everyone and their moms knowing GOWR and HFW would be ported to PC, they both sold more than their predecessors. It's been over 3 years since Sony has begun porting games to PC. When will it start hurting them?

They sold more than their predecessors...at launch. We don't have updated sales figures. Well, we kinda do for HFW and while it's outpaced the original's first year of sales, it wasn't by a gargantuan amount. Also FWIW Sony haven't actually committed to a public statement or stance that all their games are going to PC, the way Microsoft did. Nor do they need to or IMO, should they ever do so.

No, statistically, you're completely wrong. The PS4 virtually had 0 BC and kicked the shit out of the Xbone. Backwards compatibility is a nice feature to have but only a minority of console users play old games as demonstrated by their most played games. You don't see old-ass games except for multiplayer titles.

PS4 & XBO sales were pretty close in America & UK around launch, and exclusives-wise I'd say XBO had the better lineup for the first year or so consistently. Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Halo 5, TitanFall, Quantum Break and so forth vs. say Killzone: Shadowfall (which looked better than Halo 5 but didn't play as well), Infamous: Second Son (solid game, underrated even maybe), Resogun (solid game but indie-like with a somewhat bigger budget), Transistor (similar), Knack (lol). It got a port of Ultra Street Fighter IV in 204 but Killer Instinct was a brand new fighter at that time exclusive to XBO. PS4 didn't start consistently outdoing XBO in exclusives until around Bloodborne's release in 2015.

So the first two years were pretty close in terms of library wit both systems, and sales splits weren't as terrible for Xbox then as they are for Series today. Especially in markets like the U.S and U.K, where it stayed kind of competitive and even held up better post-2015 than what Series is looking to accomplish going forward this gen.

PS4 couldn't do BC for technical reasons, but it would've been there had Sony not switched to x86-64. BC might not get used by most people but most of the ones who use it, use it a lot. It's also just a natural pro-consumer feature to have, it helps with preservation over time.

Yeah, those 10 gamers who love PS5 games but will wait two years to play them sure matter a lot.

I think it's more than that and you can love a game while still not having FOMO to play it Day 1.

All irrelevant drivel. Show us where the PS brand is hurting. Show us those customers who flocked to PC and abandoned their Playstations. You can't and you two have been parroting this nonsense without anything to back you up.

Can't show you that because there's no fiscal data to show it. But I'm talking about what precedent it can set long-term if the trend continues, or accelerates.

And we already have a platform on the market which perfectly shows the damage such a strategy provides when pushed to its peak: Xbox. Look at those console sales. Look at the measures MS had to go to inject revenue growth into the division (massive M&As). You don't think de-valuing the console by making all their 1P games Day 1 on PC (and on Steam, no less) played a part in where the brand is at today?

Sony is porting these games exactly because they KNOW there's a subset of gamers who don't care enough about their games to buy a console but might buy them if they become available. These are the ones they're reaching; people who would have never become their customers in the first place and this is reflected by reality, something you two love to ignore.

Yet through that strategy long-term Sony could be converting some current console enthusiasts to shift to PC for the next go-round, if they know the 1P content will be there and don't really mind waiting a bit to play it. So it can have a deleterious effect in converting high-ARPU console enthusiasts into mid or low-ARPU PC gamers buying their games off Steam (prob through a sale).

But in doing so, not buying as much (or any) 3P software off PS Store, or subbing to PS+, or buying DLC and cosmetics for games off PS+, let alone skipping the console. That type of conversion is an L, not a W.

PS5 is selling well. PS5 exclusives are selling well. Their PC ports are doing meh number for the most part. Them damaging their brand by doing PC ports is pure fanboy cope.

No it's not. It's called Xbox. Just look at where Xbox is today; their PC ports aren't the only reason the console is struggling to sell, but it contributes to it.

We're just trying to make sure Sony don't fall into that same trap especially since, unlike Microsoft, they have no vested interest in the PC market (dominant OS, dominant graphics SDK, lucrative OEM licensing contracts, lucrative military/medical/scientific/business licensees, etc.).

For Microsoft, if every Xbox gamer decided to drop the console and go to PC, they'd still have to use Windows for their OS. That's still a customer Microsoft retains to a significant degree in their vertical ecosystem. That person still needs a PC that runs Windows, so either they buy a license for a DIY build, or buy an OEM box whose manufacturer pays Microsoft for a license. That person does all their purchases off Steam? Valve still has to use Windows APIs for the storefront, launcher, etc. They can try shifting Steam players to Linux but the vast majority will never leave Windows.

Sony has no vested interests like that on PC, and they rely on console revenue as a significant part of total corporate revenue. So running the risk of converting high-ARPU console enthusiasts to low-ARPU PC customers isn't worth it. Continuing the the ports of current-gen non-GaaS titles to PC (or accelerating that process) will make it happen.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
And?

We already know FFXVI is coming to PC. If the ps5 version didn’t perform like shit I would’ve bought it there but I have no problem waiting. Would you prefer if Sony moneyhatted it in perpetuity? This is retarded fanboy logic. If there is a 1% chance a game will come to PC I will just wait for it because I prefer having games on PC the same way you prefer Sony. Obviously this isn’t hurting Sony’s console business, just fanboy feelings.
The only retarded logic here is yours for not playing the game because "it runs like shit" which is a complete nonsense.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
So, which is it? People are willing to wait, but the PC numbers are shit and your PCMR friend wasn't willing to wait. So are people ditching Playstation for PC? If yes, then those Sony ports would do much higher numbers. On the one hand, you say Sony is damaging their brand, implying they'll lose customers, but then you turn around and say that their ports aren't doing good numbers, indicating that they're not losing customers.
what do you mean which is it?
He got ps5 because there are enough reasons to get it so he doesn't have to feel like shit for getting a console just got gt7. He might've not gotten it if it was just 1 exclusive game.
But there are (still) some other exclusives bringing people like him in

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Yes most people are weak willed, lack discipline, impulse driven and are susceptible to FOMO; you're not saying anything new here.
I can wait just fine until these superior versions of the games are at a price point I feel they are worth.
I wasn't trying to say anything new. In fact, I was confirming just why PlayStation games continue to break records. That you choose to wait has no bearing on anything.

Gaiff

They sold more than their predecessors...at launch. We don't have updated sales figures. Well, we kinda do for HFW and while it's outpaced the original's first year of sales, it wasn't by a gargantuan amount. Also FWIW Sony haven't actually committed to a public statement or stance that all their games are going to PC, the way Microsoft did. Nor do they need to or IMO, should they ever do so.
Yes, so they're doing just fine. Next question please.
Can't show you that because there's no fiscal data to show it. But I'm talking about what precedent it can set long-term if the trend continues, or accelerates.
And there never will be proof because it's fanboy nonsense.
No it's not. It's called Xbox. Just look at where Xbox is today; their PC ports aren't the only reason the console is struggling to sell, but it contributes to it.
You mean the same Xbox brand that started Day 1 on PC to actually broaden their customer base because Xbox was failing miserably BEFORE the ports even started? The PC ports were a solution to their falling business, not a symptom or cause.
We're just trying to make sure Sony don't fall into that same trap especially since, unlike Microsoft, they have no vested interest in the PC market (dominant OS, dominant graphics SDK, lucrative OEM licensing contracts, lucrative military/medical/scientific/business licensees, etc.).
Who is "we"? You're a Sony exec with enough pull to influence their decisions?

The customers that you lose by not porting to PC are more numerous than the ones you'd lose by not porting games to PC. Both Sony and Microsoft realized that.

Last edited:

JayDucker

Ah.. the good old just wait 'til next year.... I think it's drummed into them to think like this, but ironically, the first time it may come true.

PC will keep getting day late, dollar short, full priced Playstation ports that don't go on deep discount. I'll keep getting them given to me for free a year sooner on Playstation.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Any true gamer who wants these games isnt waiting 2 years for these games. With Nixxes now on board it might come down to 1 year as they catch up, but I really dont see myself waiting 1-2 years to play the latest games. Imagine if the Avengers End Game came out and you were told, oh just wait 2 years to watch it. Thats just not how this works. Hardcore gamers would always want to play these games day 1. its what makes them hardcore.
Yeah I agree.
This is your main hobby. You are on a gaming enthusiast forum... and yet you don't feel any hype for new big game?
I want to play new big game when it's most impactful. It's a social experience too.
No fucking way I am waiting 2 weeks, let alone 2 years for my most awaited games.
It's nonsense to disagree with you.

I mean... ofcourse - It won't kill me or anyone to wait but 400$ is a very low price to be able to experience amazing games day 1 instead of begging for pc port for years

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
That you choose to wait has no bearing on anything.
Lol fuck off dude, what I said has all the bearing because it is literally on topic:

"Save money on the PC versions of Marvel's Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, and others instead"​

Keep your warrior bullshit replies about records or whatever to someone who's cares talking about that, because I certainly wasn't.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Lol fuck off dude, what I said has all the bearing because it is literally on topic:

"Save money on the PC versions of Marvel's Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, and others instead"​

Keep your warrior bullshit replies about records or whatever to someone who's cares talking about that, because I certainly wasn't.
Sounds like it's time to step outside. I hear fresh air is good for the mind. :)

Top Bottom