• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you buy Horizon: Zero Dawn PS5 Remaster? (Assuming rumor is true)

Will you buy Horizon Zero Dawn PS5 Remaster?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Remasters are a relatively new thing to gaming. It really got cooking starting with the Xbox One/PS4 gen. LoU Remastered on PS4 (one year after the original game) sold as many copies as the PS3 game.... I think about 9 million each. And no doubt you're going to get double dippers.

For those of you who dont like them, just dont buy them. The more they make just encourages them to keep churning them out. And given the time and investment needed, it's going to be a good ROI too which makes them do it even more.

It's just like annualized sequels. People state COD, FIFA, Ass Creed etc... are rehashes. I agree. But if they sell 20 million copies every year for the past 15 years, no game company is going to stop.

Some will counter and say some of those gamers are new gamers wanting to play it for the first time. That's a fair point. But I bet a shit load of the sales are to the same people over and over again. And since those are MTX heavy kinds of games, it makes the publishers want to do it even more. Since game companies are only so big and risk averse, they'll focus on what works for the easiest sales and profits first....... annual rehashes, mtx heavy games, remasters/remakes. Then they'll do new IPs.

Last edited:
No, game is not good enough for double dipping.

It's not even good enough for me to grind past the stage where the game opens after the tutorial stage, you look at the direction the story is going, find the gameplay stale and yawn.

I wish Guerrilla was doing Killzone or something. Also graphics are fine, I don't give a rats ass about an improvement on that front.

Last edited:
Not for full price. I'll pick it up when it's in the bargain bin like the complete edition on PS4 is now. I'm going to do the same with Last of Us Remake.

Last edited:

mclaren777

No.

I loved the first game (65 hours, full platinum, every trophy for The Frozen Wilds, etc) but I hate The Forbidden West. I'm over 30 hours in and don't know how to invest my skills points, I don't know which weapons to buy/upgrade, I don't understand the majority of the fighting mechanics, and I would gladly quit playing if my kids would let me (they love watching it like a movie).

nIdohvo.jpg

vivftp

Why is the OP shooting itself in the foot by assuming a $70 price tag? It's a remaster, not a remake and there's no precedent for a remaster being sold on its own for full price. It'll either be free, or a $10 upgrade, or be offered in some weird bundle package like Spider-Man remastered was, going by historical precedent.

Ozzie666

Is this like a George Lucas thing? can't stop trying to improve original work? I can't imagine the fireworks if this is a full price $70 title. And no not buying.

So, Horizon on PS4, then PC, then back to PS5? are PC ports making this to easy? trying to get every penny from a release?

DeepSpace5D

Loved my time with Zero Dawn but I only just got around to playing through it this year. I have no desire to experience the game again anytime soon, certainly not if it’s fully priced. I would probably pick it up for $20, but not more than that.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yep, I'll buy it via trade-in for like 1400RUB, just like I did with TLOU Remake - I won't miss Ghost of Tsushima one bit cuz it's one of the worst, bland, boring and uninspired PS exclusives I've played.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I won't miss Ghost of Tsushima one bit cuz it's one of the worst, bland, boring and uninspired PS exclusives I've played.

lol dammmmmn I think the setting was great, I didn't care for the story and thought the stealth stuff was pretty bad, but the gameplay was amazing and the world design looked great.

Not my pick for greatest game of all time, but not the worst and not "worst, bland, boring" etc.

gundalf

Nope, I finished it on PS5 a year or two ago (same with TloU) and have no desire to reexperience any of that, it was fun but only once.

EDMIX

Nope, I finished it on PS5 a year or two ago (same with TloU) and have no desire to reexperience any of that, it was fun but only once.

Same.

After spending 100 hours with something, you are just not in the mood to go back and do it again, well for me anyway.

mxbison

No. I couldn't really get into the first one and also kinda struggling with FW.

They are my least favorite of the big Sony exclusives.

EruditeHobo

I never played much of the first one, so probably not. But if I ever get the itch to go play through it (and then the sequel) and it's 20-30 bucks for the upgrade, I probably will. I think I only spent 20 or 30 on teh 1st game during a sale in the first place...

But apart from a few major purchases, my backlog is enough to keep me going for quite awhile. No need to snap this up.

But I fully support quality of life improvements on major/really good games across systems. It's win-win-win -- people who want the product get an update, people who don't want it don't have to buy it and can still play the original that they (presumably) bought already, and a good dev that made a good product has another revenue stream to help keep them paying employees and maintaining their production slate.

zephiross

Not a chance. I really had to force myself to get through the first game, I find it sooooo boring. Dropped it at least twice. I though the second game would be better in that regard and I was quite interested with the atmosphere of the coast with its vegetation, but you know what ? I didn't even get to see that cause I f*cking dropped it too before getting there :messenger_tears_of_joy: I played a lot of third person open world, but this serie is just not for me.

supernova8

Banned
It already has a 4K60 patch for PS5, right? The only thing I remember not liking about it was the 30fps framerate so I'd imagine many/most who wanted to replay it on PS5 already did once the 4K60 patch dropped.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
but the gameplay was amazing and the world design looked great.
What was so great about gameplay and world design? Combat is boring, extremely repetitive and easy AF, world design is terrible in terms of what you can do in it and you can't do much outside of repetitive and uninteresting stuff. You can't even climb stuff fast and fluid like in AC Origins (same complaint goes to Horizon series) to make world exploration more tolorable when you need to go to high places etc. Setting is great, visually too, it's cool to just roam around on foot or on a horse, but that's about where all positives end for me in this game. Ghost of Tsushima is a completely unremarkable game which potential isn't realized even for 10%, but that'll be fixed by Team Ninja's Ronin.

Last edited:

tvdaXD

Such upgrades can be a patch, this game isn't that old yet. If this is true, then these are absolutely wasted resources. If they want money they should just release part 2 on PC, or idk, Bloodborne or the Demon Souls remaster.

Pedro Motta

No.

I loved the first game (65 hours, full platinum, every trophy for The Frozen Wilds, etc) but I hate The Forbidden West. I'm over 30 hours in and don't know how to invest my skills points, I don't know which weapons to buy/upgrade, I don't understand the majority of the fighting mechanics, and I would gladly quit playing if my kids would let me (they love watching it like a movie).

nIdohvo.jpg
What is so fucking hard to understand ? LOL

Humdinger

I don't think an upgrade would be worth it. They'd just marginally improve the visuals, which were already great to begin with, and they'd leave untouched the main visual limitations of the original game (e.g., facial animation, lip-synch). I replayed Horizon twice because I enjoyed the combat, environment, and story a lot, but I wouldn't replay it again just because of some modest visual improvements.

I dropped the first game after about 1-2 hours. It was boring, not interesting, just didn't click. So of course not, didn't play the second either.

ZoukGalaxy

70€ ?!

Not even a chance, prefer to buy foods, laser sabers and toys for my cats even if I haven't played yet the game because it's still in my infinite backlog.
Star Wars Cat GIF
Cat Reaction GIF
International Cat Day GIF by Henque

The argument "hey it worth 70€ for people which never played it", like blind people told for TLOU2, is pure bullshit and for suckers.
200.gif

Let's talk when the game will cost 30€ or less.

Bonus gif because it's so funny 😹
Cat Wow GIF by JustViral

Last edited:

JaksGhost

If it follows down the same path as Death Stranding, Nioh 1 & 2, Legacy of Thieves, etc. with a free or $10 upgrade fee I'll do it but not for full retail price.

GymWolf

So, you want it but don’t want to support it?
I never asked for it, but zero dawn was my past gogt, they literally aimed to my weakest spot:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

But since this one is probably gonna be a digital upgrade and not something i can buy physical, i'm probably gonna bail out entirely, i already played the game like 3 times and i didn't even bought the pc version so this upgrade must be something big to convince me.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Why is the OP shooting itself in the foot by assuming a $70 price tag? It's a remaster, not a remake and there's no precedent for a remaster being sold on its own for full price. It'll either be free, or a $10 upgrade, or be offered in some weird bundle package like Spider-Man remastered was, going by historical precedent.

Vg9R.gif
RAA20Qe.jpg

I thought TLOU 1 was a jack move but this....how much better does it get then a PC version? This is ridiculous. Yes even GTA 5 has a remaster a year later only but game ran crappy on PS3 and all of a sudden on PS4 it was smooth as butter. There is nothing wrong with HXD on PS4.

deathsaber

The game is already 4k ish and 60 fps on a PS5 and remains one of the better looking games made. Nope. Show it to me under $20 some day and maybe I'll bite just because I am a fan of the series, but no chance in hell I pay anything resembling "full price game" for this. Same went for TLoU Part 1 and thats one of my all time favorites, period, and still not dipping in until I see a price that's more "upgrade" than straight up full price, since that's what this is.

drezz

I got the orginal with PS+ I think...

Im in no mood to burn 80-90USD on a game I already got.

I do understand them trying to do a "PS3 Lou1 too PS4 Lou1-Remaster" move... And that is FINE for the people that didnt play horizon I guess... I just wish they had put that energi around on new games instead(same with ND back with lou1).
And I'll take my money and sho-horn it into their VR game instead, cause thats at least new.

skit_data

I assume it will have a $10 to $30 upgrade path for people who purchased it before but I don’t think the free one offered during the Days of Play will be eligeble for that upgrade.

Top Bottom