• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster in development as well as Multiplayer Project based on Horizon

What the actual f . Now we do remasters of games released 4-5years ago?

Who does it hurt?

Putting a small C team on this for a short amount of time, while the big budget A team gets their next project off the ground, is as good a use of resources as any.

People in this thread acting like Guerilla has halted production on a AAA game to work on this the next 4 years.

Master Chief Collection
Horizon Trilogy

It's just a smart use of resources.

Ogbert

Ironically, BoTW released on the same day and is a game that I actually *would* like to be remastered.

SlimySnake

By 2002 the ps2 had
Ratchet and clank (a better ratchet at that)
Mgs2
Jak and Daxter
GTA3
Auto modellista
Kingdom hearts
GTAVC
Silent hill 2

By 2002 the Xbox had
Halo CE
JSRF
Sega GT 2002
Splinter Cell
Auto modellista
Dead or alive 3
Project Gotham racing

By 2022 both the series X and ps5 have
Ratchet and clank rift apart
Returnal
Demons souls (a remake of a ps3 game btw)
Astros playroom
And 0 next gen exclusive third parties from what I know. This pandemic excuse has gone on long enough. Kill 8th gen already
yep. I have always been a PS fan, but it was actually the PS3 gen when I truly started to appreciate their first party studios. It was a time when first person shooters were everywhere and games like Bioshock, CoD and Battlefield just didnt click with me. But Sony wasnt just making shooters, they were focusing on pushing narrative in video games, they were pushing next gen tech, and every game felt different and unique compared to the third party formulaic entries.

PS3 used to have people saying it has no games, and it didnt... for about a 4 month period between Motorstorm in March 2007 to Heavenly Sword in August. Overall, that first year they had:
  1. Resistance
  2. Motorstorm
  3. Heavenly Sword
  4. Warhawk
  5. Ratchet
  6. Uncharted

6 games in ONE year. Then the next year they had:
  1. MGS4
  2. LBP
  3. Resistance 2
  4. Socom Confrontation
  5. Motorsotrm Pacific Rit.

11 next gen exclusives. And here we are, 2 years later and im being told to look at the positives of Ratchet, Returnal and a pack-in mini game released almost 2 years ago.

Even the first two years of PS4 which was barebones compared to the PS3 era but looking back its chalk full of next gen showcases.

1. KZSF
  2. Infamous Second Son
  3. DriveClub
  4. The Order
  5. Bloodborne
  6. Until Dawn

6 games vs 2 plus a pack-in. I dont know why people are PS fans. I like PS because of their first part games. Not because PS turns me on. I dont have brand loyalty. I have game loyalty. I will never understand fans of both MS and Sony defend the complete lack of games, and then accuse people pointing out facts of whining.

Three

I mean if you have to bring up games they released 1.5-2 years ago then you're proving my point.

TBH, I cant believe that after this forum spent two years shitting on Phil's spencer's cross gen stance, and Xbox's dire first party support since 2020 for Xbox Series consoles, the same people will give Sony a pass for not releasing any next gen games since Ratchet back in June 2021, and have ZERO games slated until Spiderman 2 launches a good 2.5 years after Ratchet. Thats pretty much the same time span Xbox wouldve gone between launch and Starfield's release. Both are comparable in the time they have spent jerking around their consumer base that went out and bought $500 consoles on day one. PS5 had a decent start but its been just as bad as Xbox since Ratchet.
I think because the chip shortages that hit near launch changed some plans too in favour of cross gen this year. Games like GT7.

Most people don't exclude games as games for arbitrary reasons though.
if you wanted specifically just next gen only games you still had TLOU Pt 1, Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop, etc.

you are being very specfic about what games you are happy with.
Must be first party, must not be a remake, must not exist on PS4, must have released <1.5 yrs inbetween. Other people dont care for that stuff. To be honest I haven't seen anyone lambasting Phil recently when there has been literally nothing in terms of next gen only games with a criteria like that. I've seen people lambasting Jim for his generations quote more.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

I think because the chip shortages that hit near launch changed some plans too in favour of cross gen this year. Games like GT7.

Most people don't exclude games as games for arbitrary reasons though.
if you wanted specifically just next gen only games you still had TLOU Pt 1, Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop, etc.

you are being very specfic about what games you are happy with.
Must be first party, must not be a remake, must not exist on PS4, must have released <1.5 yrs inbetween. Other people dont care for that stuff. To be honest I haven't seen anyone lambasting Phil recently when there has been literally nothing in terms of next gen only games with a criteria like that. I've seen people lambasting Jim for his generations quote more.
Nah its pretty simple. I like their first party games. Thats it. I dont care for Arkhane and other PC centric developers who make B games with no real effort put into production values and storytelling. Sony first party always makes top of the line games that have set next gen standards. And yes, I expect them every year. Just like how expect MS first party to have games lined up every year.

Three

Nah its pretty simple. I like their first party games. Thats it. I dont care for Arkhane and other PC centric developers who make B games with no real effort put into production values and storytelling. Sony first party always makes top of the line games that have set next gen standards. And yes, I expect them every year. Just like how expect MS first party to have games lined up every year.

But GT7, HFW and God of War Ragnarok still look top of the line and that's this year alone. They are cross gen though for better or worse but they still look great.

It's a bit of a double edged sword, with top of the line you are looking at big budget games and with a big budget you need to sell more copies. With the chip/supply shortages that hit it meant releasing GT7 cross gen since it had time to do it. I think with HFW and Ragnarok budget it was always going to be cross gen until the PS5 install base is large enough to support AAA new releases on a single platform. What you need to hope for is increased PS5 sales and that seems to be happening now with better supply. The rest will come.

Last edited:
Top Bottom