• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will MSFT manage to release any AAA 1st party game for Xbox in 2021?

Will MSFT manage to release any AAA 1st party game for Xbox in 2021?

• Wait one more year™ (Phil will repeat his catch phrase again at E3)

• Yes, we believe in Graig!

• Who cares, shilling for GP is life. (Hope this poll gives MFST rewards)

• Do PS5 exclusives count (Deathloop)?

• FS2020..... ehrm more like FS2021

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuinGuin

Banned
What you personally consider what is pretty much irrelevant. MSFS is absolutely first-party. It's published by Microsoft, co-developed by Microsoft Game Studios, and Microsoft directly handles all of its services. It's no less first-party than Bloodborne.

Bloodborne was co-developed by Japan Studio. The team that actually came up with the souls concept and brought in fromsoft to help with demon's Souls and then Bloodborne. Totally different.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Bloodborne was co-developed by Japan Studio. The team that actually came up with the souls concept and brought in fromsoft to help with demon's Souls and then Bloodborne. Totally different.

Microsoft Flight Simulator is co-developed by Microsoft Game Studios. Microsoft literally created the series and made flight simulators popular since 1982.

You're getting desperate here. I suggest not to try to play semantics with someone who quite obviously knows the series and flight simulators a lot better than you ever will. It's going to be painful to see. 😂

Last edited:

GuinGuin

Banned
Microsoft Flight Simulator is co-developed by Microsoft Game Studios. Microsoft literally created the series and made flight simulators popular since 1982.

You're getting desperate here.

No. Flight Simulator was created by a company called Sublogic starting in 1977 for Apple II. Microsoft payed to license a version of it for PC and slapped their name on that version.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Yes.

Q9Q96WH.jpg

Console graphical benchmark about to raised, probably for years.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
No. Flight Simulator was created by a company called Sublogic starting in 1977. Microsoft payed to license a version of it for PC and slapped their name on that version.

The desperation is getting quite evident. I know you're feeling all bold with your google-fu, but you're cracking at the seams.

Microsoft didn't *license* the series. Microsoft *owns* the series.

CeeJay

No. Flight Simulator was created by a company called Sublogic starting in 1977 for Apple II. Microsoft payed to license a version of it for PC and slapped their name on that version.
Yeah and Playstation started out as a Nintendo console, what's your point?

Robb

Gold Member
If MS/Sony/Nintendo fully own the franchise it is first party, any other defintion is strange to me. They have the final say and can choose who they want to allow to develop games in the franchise.

Is the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy , Metroid Samus Returns or F-Zero GX etc. etc. suddenly not considered to be first party Nintendo titles?

FritzJ92

While FS2020 is a great looking "game" on PC, for console it will still be niche and most people will try it but i do not believe the majority of the mainstream will really care.

This a typical niche and hardcore game you want to play with a great setup and not with the controller.

So no...it's in no way a system seller.
Not isolating you to pick on you, but its so weird that the topic is a bait one, then I see people giving reasons why an exclusive game should or shouldn't count. The logic just doesn't make sense to me. I mean all games except Mario and call of duty are pretty much niches, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom