• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Banned
Rösti;40334810 said:
Also, here's something new (it's from yesterday, but I haven't seen it posted), it's a project by Slightly Mad Studios and Gamagio:

Source: http://wmdportal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/BB_GDO_v12.pdf

Reminds me of Road Rash a bit. Here are some screens (version is not mentioned though):

bikerbashj4kf6.png

Seems pretty cool.

Hoodbury

yes, he does. I know of an NDAed press tour to Japan I assume he is talking about, which happened this week and is not Wii U related. Maybe this is something different but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Can you share or are you NDAed up as well? I'm guessing it's Capcom related?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
From a Dusty Cartridge interview with Katsuhiro Harada, courtesy of Kevin Cassidy:

Speaking about the Wii U, many people are worried that it isn’t a next generation console, mainly saying that the graphical horse power of the Wii U is comparable to the consoles of this generation. What are your thoughts on people saying that the Wii U isn’t really a ‘next-generation’ console?

I’m a bit reluctant to talk about the Wii U specs, when I mentioned something earlier it got totally blown out of proportion and twisted. However while developing Tag 2, since it’s very graphic intensive because of the multiple characters on screen, there was still some power left over for graphic capabilities so the graphics chips seems to be pretty decent. But to be honest, that’s not really even relevant because people seem to be focusing too much comparing the raw specs to other hardware. You really have to be looking at the capabilities and what features it has. For example, if you’re playing Tag 2 on the Wii U at home and your parents get mad at you for taking up the TV too much, you can just take it to your bed and start playing there. Being able to take a high end game and play it in your bed is something that’s really unique so that’s the thing people are kind of missing.
Source: http://dustycartridge.com/features/a-chat-with-tekken-series-director-katsuhiro-harada-part-2/

So, the graphics chip is now decent, isn't that also the general conception of the CPU? It seems he is also trying to escape the question by mentioning other totally unrelated features of the console. Perhaps he's trying not to create another storm. Also, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 doesn't strike me as very graphic intensive, at least not what was shown from the Wii U version. Sure, there are some nice looking textures and shiny lights...

MDX

Rösti;40336097 said:
From a Dusty Cartridge interview with Katsuhiro Harada, courtesy of Kevin Cassidy:

Source: http://dustycartridge.com/features/a-chat-with-tekken-series-director-katsuhiro-harada-part-2/

So, the graphics chip is now decent, isn't that also the general conception of the CPU? It seems he is also trying to escape the question by mentioning other totally unrelated features of the console. Perhaps he's trying not to create another storm. Also, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 doesn't strike me as very graphic intensive, at least not what was shown from the Wii U version. Sure, there's are some nice looking textures and shiny lights...

How many multiple characters are we talking about?
Also, interesting that he said that you can take the gamepad all the way to your bedroom.
The actual reach of the gamepad hasn't been confirmed, has it?

Meelow

Banned
Rösti;40336097 said:

So, the graphics chip is now decent, isn't that also the general conception of the CPU? It seems he is also trying to escape the question by mentioning other totally unrelated features of the console. Perhaps he's trying not to create another storm. Also, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 doesn't strike me as very graphic intensive, at least not what was shown from the Wii U version. Sure, there are some nice looking textures and shiny lights...

I think that's why he's not trying to say anything, when the said the clockspeed was a little bit slower everyone went crazy and we know devs can't talk about power so he can't really say anything about that.

Interview with Tomorrow Corporation (Little Inferno)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/interview_tomorrow_corporation_little_inferno

NL: Are you planning any features exclusive to Wii U?

Gray: We’re tinkering with some features, but one thing we know for certain is that it will be the only version to exclusively have a Wii U logo.

NL: Are there any multiplayer or community features planned?

Gabler: We're planning to offer local cooperative multiplayer, like World of Goo. Fire is more fun with friends, kids!

NL: Do you have any interest in developing for 3DS?

Gray: It seems like it could be a good fit, but we won’t know until we have some time to tinker with it.

NL: Are you hoping to launch alongside the Wii U?

Gray: We’re planning on releasing Wii U, Windows, Mac and Linux versions when the Wii U launches.

So the the game will release when the Wii U comes out, nice :).

GameE

Rösti;40336097 said:

gaf -> internet -> gaf again........

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40322062&postcount=10874

Enlil

Guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F41PKROUnhA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xphkxxvNCZQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4RloO-wc3E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Muc2lFyEw

IN. MY. VEINS.

I hope this time there's a few bigger, longer tracks with huge straights for some chances at duelling it out with other races/speedy overtakes etc.
Yes I'm acting like the game is being made

although i enjoyed gx music, because i liked the game the music should go back to it's roots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wati8Mkwf8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=degvSbUWuOU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqhkBHc1ark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjHM_u2KeSM

<sob>

However, even if publishers to go the whole "Bigger, faster, stronger" when the next 720/PS4 come out, Wii U may very well be downport friendly.

I highly doubt that neither PS4 or 720 will be tons more powerful than Wii U at all anyways, especially considering Sony's current financial status & Microsoft focusing more on making the 720 an all-in-one mediabox & kinectbox.

I think/hope third parties will be more smarter next gen than they were this gen. I think ignoring the Wii was a mistake, especially for the companies that went bankrupt because of the cost to make games on the 360/PS3.

I completely agree with this. Most of the 3rd party publishing & developing studios would still be around today if were to focus most of their efforts on the Wii (& not being biased towards it), & focus less on PS3/360.

AzaK

Gaf_Circle.gif

This wait for the September Nintendo Direct is going to be even worse than E3.

Not for me. Nintendo sucked whatever hype I had left at their E3 conference. I'm not spending any emotional energy on those fuckers until they show me they are serious. It's their turn.

er, thanks. i've talked about it so much that i've pared it down to those points in particular. of course, i could always bring up examples to back up my points, but that would take effort.

mirror's edge, portal, and valkyria chronicles are the only three games i played where i honestly thought, 'whoa. next-gen.'

Sorry that sounded weird.

I'd been up for a good 23 hours at the time.

I was just meaning to say "I agree."

ArynCrinn

Banned
Not for me. Nintendo sucked whatever hype I had left at their E3 conference. I'm not spending any emotional energy on those fuckers until they show me they are serious. It's their turn.

Agreed, I'm pretty lukewarm on anything ""Nintendo conference" related after the disaster of E3. So I'll just get hyped about the few titles that interest me and shut up about how Nintendo's blowing it with these reveals.

First the August one.

Well I'm not getting my hopes up for that one since it seems to be more for the 3DS (As far as I can tell) so if there's Wii U tidbits in that one, I'll be very happy.

EDIT: I guess I should clarify that it isn't so much hype as it is hoping that Nintendo has SOMETHING to show for next year or even a few more launch titles. They need to have something that will turn heads or at least get people who are on the fence about the system say "I want that now." I'm not going to let the hype get to me again like I did for E3 because A) That would be impossible and B) It would do no good. I just want to be assured that Nintendo really did learn from their past mistakes of the 3DS launch.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Screw it, I'm getting hyped for the Japanese conference. Those regularly deliver and there is clearly a lot left to be announced, unless you really think Tanks! is the extent of Japanese support since last year.

Sadist

I'll wait just a bit more before boarding the hypetrain.

Shocking Alberto's comments are hopefull, but what are the chances of those games/rumours being reveiled during a september conference?

Edit: no love for upsidedown Miyamoto? :(

TunaLover

Screw it, I'm getting hyped for the Japanese conference. Those regularly deliver and there is clearly a lot left to be announced, unless you really think Tanks! is the extent of Japanese support since last year.

I think Nintendo will focus only on 3DS for the rest of the year, next year we could hear something about Wii U games.

TunaLover

Joke post?

No?
I mean they will talk about Wii U games that are ready for launch, but nothing new, no new games, I'm not expecting megatons.
And I think that there are other games in development, of course, but Nintendo will not show them, at least not in this early stage.

It's not just going to be a Japanese conference. They have worldwide launch details to announce; you can bet that there will also be events in the US and Europe.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
No?
I mean they will talk about Wii U games that are ready for launch, but nothing new, no new games, I'm not expecting megatons.
And I think that there are other games in development, of course, but Nintendo will not show them, at least not in this early stage.

There are absolutely going to be new 3rd party games announced for Japan. Iwata himself has confirmed it and the absolutely zero no information on any Japanese games besides Tanks confirms this.

Linkhero1

Same here AzaK. I haven't really been following anything Wii U related since E3 until recently. Here's hoping they don't disappoint in the months leading to launch.

TunaLover

I know what your doing...Your saying this so everyone will have very low expectations and than at the Fall Conference Nintendo will surprise us and we will forget about E3 :).
>_< That´s impossible, you guys will never have your hype low, no matter what happens.

I do, I learn the hard way.

BlackJace

Hey guys. Long time no see.

Yeah, I wouldn't put it as strongly as you AzaK, but I'm still waiting for Ninty to play ball. E3 did nothing.

They DO seem to be getting things right with the 3DS though.

Meelow

Banned
>_< That´s impossible, you guys will never have your hype low, no matter what happens.

I do, I learn the hard way.

Well it seems like Nintendo is going to treat E3 like Microsoft has been treating it soon, but we clearly know Nintendo Direct is targeted for the core and Nintendo's Fall Conference last year was really great.

chris3116

I don't know you but I read some of your posts and what I understand all you want is Zelda or Metroid and you don't like Japanese games. How do you have emotional energy to Nintendo before E3?

E3 2012 in overall sucked for the "core" gamers (and I hate this word). E3 is now for the mainstream press. You don't think that Microsoft or Sony conferences were good. They weren't.

Meelow

Banned
Are any of you guys also annoyed that some people are hating on the rumored $300 price?, seriously they act like it should be $100.

JordanN

Banned
Are any of you guys also annoyed that some people are hating on the rumored $300 price?, seriously they act like it should be $100.
I'm more annoyed at the people who said Pikmin 3 has gamecube graphics.

Looks like Iwata was right. If people can't tell the difference between Wii U and Gamecube visuals, PS4 and 720 will look identical to Wii U.

semi-sarcasm

Sadist

It's 2006 all over again.

"Oh man, Nintendo is selling 2000 tech to us for a lot of money. Just for a wacky controller!"

Meelow

Banned
I'm more annoyed at the people who said Pikmin 3 has gamecube graphics.

Looks like Iwata was right. If people can't tell the difference between Wii U and Gamecube visuals, PS4 and 720 will look identical to Wii U.

semi-sarcasm

Lol I know right?, it's like "wow I didn't know GameCube games can look that good" lol.

pikmin-20040826042858249.jpg

pikmin2_screen006.jpg

Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pikmin-3_008.jpg

Pikmin 3

The annoying thing is people act like "well we didn't see a game that looked better than PS3 and 360 games at E3 so I guess the system is on par with the PS3/360"

It's really stupid, people got to look at games like Call of Duty 2 (Xbox 360) and Halo 4 and see the huge difference, they look like are from completely different generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom