• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why I believe NASA has released the first picture of an alien jelly donut

Status
Not open for further replies.
horror.jpg

I've seen this hentai before.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Royal jelly is high in manganese, though. So..maybe it's not a rock but an egg?

Royal jelly is high in manganese and turns bee larvae into Queen bees...

Maybe if someone knows of inorganic substances high in manganese I'll be dissuaded a bit.

I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not.

I'm not joking, I can't tell if the dark areas on that rock are jellyish or not.

Mike M

Nick N
Royal jelly is high in manganese and turns bee larvae into Queen bees...

Maybe if someone knows of inorganic substances high in manganese I'll be dissuaded a bit.

I'm not joking, I can't tell if the dark areas on that rock are jellyish or not.

They are not. If they were, the article would be about "mysterious jellylike substance found on Mars" not "NASA doesn't know where this mysterious rock that wasn't there before came from."

Your entire premise is predicated on the fact you are grossly misinterpreting a spokesman saying the rock *looks like* a jelly donut, not that it shares any physical properties with one.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Well I can't argue with that. It's quite logical, and looking at the tools on the Mars Rover they can probably tell if something is jelly-like.

I still expect some vindication on the manganese-front. It could be the result of microorganisms.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Why the title change?

Because"Why I believe NASA has released the first picture of an alien jelly donut" is far more hilarious than "Why I believe NASA has released the first picture of an alien"

Heretic

'Cos it's not actually jelly, it's a darker part of a rock. OP takes things literally and has payed the price for it.

Because"Why I believe NASA has released the first picture of an alien jelly donut" is far more hilarious than "Why I believe NASA has released the first picture of an alien"

Seems to me like the mods have sold out to the U.S. Government. This is why there won't ever be full disclosure on this subject.

IHaveIce

Banned
There is a basic rule with NASA findings, if it had been anything really interesting, we would never have heard about it.

GhaleonEB

Turns out it was a Martian....rock.

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — Scientists have solved the mystery of the "jelly doughnut" rock on Mars that appeared to come out of nowhere.

NASA said Friday that a wheel of the rover Opportunity broke it off a larger rock and then kicked it into the field of view.

The Internet was abuzz last month when the space agency released side-by-side images of the same patch of ground. Only one image showed the rock, which was white around the outside and dark red in the middle, and less than 2 inches wide.

Scientists had suspected that one of Opportunity's wheels kicked the rock as it drove. They received confirmation after analyzing recent images of the original piece of rock.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/mystery-of-jelly-doughnut-martian-rock-solved

The quest for alien jelly donuts continues.

Eusis

What the heck scientists. There's a Dunkin' Donuts every 3 minutes around here.
You didn't need to waste millions of dollars sending a rover to Mars to get them.
In a bizarre contrast the closest one here is ONLY on an army base, so I'd have to travel way further anyway.

I'd bring up Krispy Kreme but most of those closed up nearby too. Well, we have a really good local place at lease.

Also not surprised it's just a rock.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Never again will I let myself get fooled by NASA analogies.

Next thing you know I'll find out the hand of God is a nebula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom