• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First official Harry Potter and The Cursed Child pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'll be over in Europe in a few months, considered stopping by London to catch a show. The ticket prices are not kind, and they are still in previews.

Pappasman

From reading the various plot summaries out there the story sounds like a mess. Obviously watching it performed will be much better, but the base story sounds awful.

Moppeh

Banned
I always disliked
time travel
in the HP universe. It makes shit super confusing and doesn't have the same pay off as most of the other magical elements.

Still interested in checking it out, but those spoilers have dampened my expectations.

pashmilla

Banned
Not enough brain bleach in the WORLD to cleanse my brain of the mental image of (HUGE SPOILER)
Voldy fucking Bellatrix

Pappasman

Instead of doing something new and interesting, this just sounds like an excuse to retread a bunch of old elements from the books purely for fanservice.

clemenx

Banned
The name is cool. It's supposed to be lame for us muggles. Even Harry made fun of Draco's name when they met.

I kinda liked what I read but I'm still hoping for a expanded universe rather than such a direct sequel. Maybe if this takes off she will do something like that. I hope that the Fantastic Beasts movie is good and succesful.

Tambini

Henkka

Banned

kewlmyc

I was surprised that Hermione is being portrayed as a black woman. Had to take a double take. Usually you'd expect a race change in a reboot, not a sequel. It'll take some getting used to, but I'm sure I'll get used to it if this play ever leaves London.

Wish the daughter was mixed though, just for consistency. Unless it's not Ron's kid or something.

Kimaka

Not enough brain bleach in the WORLD to cleanse my brain of the mental image of (HUGE SPOILER)
Voldy fucking Bellatrix
I always assumed that happened
with Rodolphus encouraging their relationship because of how crazed Bellatrix was about Voldemort.

PSqueak

Banned
I was surprised that Hermione is being portrayed as a black woman. Had to take a double take. Usually you'd expect a race change in a reboot, not a sequel. It'll take some getting used to, but I'm sure I'll get used to it if this play ever leaves London.

Wish the daughter was mixed though, just for consistency. Unless it's not Ron's kid or something.

Might be a wonky understanding on genetics, but isn't it technically possible, yet improbable, for Rose to look like that despite the mixed parentage?

How so? Might as well call the kid "Evil".

I fail to see how that would go against the statement that it totally adheres to the series naming conventions.

Jarmel

Banned
That synopsis is all sorts of shit and conflicts with the way time travel is depicted in the books.

I'm disappointed Rowling.

SpaceWolf

Banned

marty-mcfly-Favim.com-370159.gif

....jesus christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom